Why do you not like Myspace?

I dont have alot of use for it. I didnt even know about it till i auditioned for a band and they had their website on it. I got the gig and made a profile, since I was in the band and all. Now, I use it for mostly networking since I'm looking for another band. I dont blog or any of that stuff, and I've never had some emo (whatever that hell that is) kid flame me. But then again I pretty much keep to myself there. I've had a couple women approch me there, keep in touch with ex-bandmates and contacts I made while with the last band, ect. but otherwise keep to myself.

frostydf2 said:
I've been told so many times how lame Myspace is, and I haven't really heared any reasons. I would honestly love to hear them. I do have a myspace, but I'm not constnatly on it either, or obsessed with it.

So let me know!

myspace is evil! It killed my father, ate my mother and raped my dog! And I don't even have a dog, so it must be DAMN evil to pull off that last one!

I've gone to the Dark Side! I created a MySpace page, well a Band page anyways, not a personal page. The link is in my sig.

:(
friends.gif
:(

I greatly dislike it for the practically unrestricted layouts. An animated GIF background, yellow text on a pink background, and the latest Top 40 hit blaring are not things I want to deal with.

Okay, so it's not the freedom itself, but rather what stupid people do with said freedom. Using a dozen assorted sections of copy-and-paste layout code just because they're too lazy to learn a thing themselves makes me sad.

MySpace is the dumbest Ego inducing website I have ever laid eyes on.

"Let's try and add 600 friends to my list, so everyone can see how cool I am with all of these friends" (Which infact 90% of them have no clue who the hell you are.)

And the very fact on giving your personality info is bull****, every guy and girl on there tells everyone the opposite of who they really are.

You can't judge yourself, or give your own opinion on yourself by your own first person perspective.

I'll give you an example... I might think I'm a nice guy, only for the fact that I'm me.. Now, I may be nice to myself, but maybe not to many others...

MySpace : "I'm a nice guy, I love walking in the park, I like kids"

What I just said was my own opinion, when infact...

I'm an asshole, I get drunk and I stumble in the park, and parents don't let their kids around me.
(Let me clarify that, that was just an example, in reality, I don't know myself that well, and I can't give anyone an opinion or any good word on myself)

Although this is in the "MySpace bs" thread... This goes for any other personal perspective info giving programs, like a dating site.

(Anyone that believes otherwise... You're an egotistical loser... No offense.)

I know, I know.. I wasn't supposed to be an ass.. But I did give my opinion on MySpace, so what are you going to do.

Peace, Rai.

There comes a certain point in someone's life when they outgrow certain things. MySpace, in general, is for 15-18 year old kids, or perhaps to promote your band...or maybe, when done in moderation, for keeping in contact with a small group of friends. When someone reaches a certain professional status or maturity level they outgrow MySpace.

Collin Cowherd said it best when referring to the incident of Michael Vick (QB for the atlanta falcons and highest paid player in the NFL) when a girlfiend posted a picture of him smoking a fatty on her MySpace account. Why is Michael Vick dating a girl who has a MySpace page? I happen to carry that same sentiment. He has a certain profession standard to uphold as he is the face of a professional football team, and dating a girl that has a MySpace page is not that standard.

I'm willing to bet that if you took a poll from the average business prefessional you'd find most of them have never even been to MySpace.

Now, before all of you rip my head off, I'm not saying that EVERYONE who uses MySpace is immature or young. There are exceptions. I'm also not saying that it is necessarily a bad thing to use MySpace.

So, what does this has to do with me not liking MySpace? Simple, I've just grown out of it. I've reached a point in my life where MySpace has nothing to offer me. It's not that I don't like MySpace...it's just that it is useless to me. I have a cell phone to keep in touch with people I know across the world. I have email addresses to send pics. I've grown out of bragging to the world about how cool I am. I've enough online friends and RL friends already.

Back