Season 4 Why it isn't starting unitl January 2005

xoAliasox

The Chosen One
Hey
I am very upset to say this but ALIAS season 4 will not be starting until January 2005! :(

But I was wondering what you guys thought were the reasons why it is starting so late?

Please tell me what you think!

I was thinking about it and what I came up with was thast Jen is suppose to start filming Elektra this summer. maybe it may take longer and delay ALIAS from filming their's.

It's starting in 2005 because ABC saw that Alias loses it's momentum with so many breaks in between the episodes. JJ Abrams also has more inspiration for S4 and needed more time to think and plan it out.

Really, the 2005 wait could be a very good thing ;)

supposedly this type of scheduling is a "quick fix" or mend to seasons. From an article i read (which i can't really quote since i cant find it) this type of scheduling (where they hold out and then run no stop through the season) is a trick, i guess you could say, that the station pulls to try to get viewers back.

supposedly, despite overwhelming upset at the announcement, fans come to watch the show in january and with the luck of scheduling a show everyweek for months to come, they draw in more and more viewers. Shows have used this technique for a long time and its proved very helpful in reviving shows.

also, it gives the new writers/producers/actors (or whatever is introduced) a chance to plan and develop a better show to successfully run 20 weeks in a row (but i hope its 22, hehe).

personally, i'm a little upset, but there isn't anything we can do about it. i just hope that they are right and it does bost alias's rating and show quality.

just remember to have faith in alias!

Well there could be a lot of reasons:
1. The writers were losing there touch this season so maybe they needed more time to make sure that next season was awesome!
2. Jennifer Garner has started filming Elektra which could be a conflict
3. Greg Grunberg doing his series "Lost"
4. Because ALIAS fans are complaining about the long breaks between episodes so they are trying to fix that problem
5. So maybe Bradley Cooper or Lena Olin can come back
6. To help cope with JJ doing his other series
7. For the anticipation to grow stonger with the fans and have them get more people interested and keep them wondering so they are sure to watch and the ratings will get up higher

That is all I can think of for now. If there are any new ones I will post ---Megan

So that we won't have all those breaks in between eps... and so that the writers will have more time to write better eps!

when i first read the news on ABC's fall sched i was SO crushed i was like OMG worst thing ever they are killin Alias!!! no!!!!

But now that ive read more about it i'm starting to accpet it. I mean it still sucks that we have to wait *sigh* 7 long agonizing months for a new eppy but...
I mean having all the eppys air consecutively could be awsome - i mean we wont have month breaks btwn shows like this year and stuff. And it also now sounds like ABC is really behind the show. And Kristen's article said JJ said he wanted to get back to the root of the show or something like that so im definatly really excited or at least hopefully optimistic :cool:

I was recently watching/reading something (can't remember what) and recall them talking about FOX and their show "The OC" which became a big summer hit in summer 2003. Apparently FOX says the only reason it put new shows on in the summer was because the baseball playoffs in October screwed up all their real premieres. But it worked so well they are doing it again this summer with multiple new shows, and apparently a lot of network execs feel summer is a good place to try some "maybe" shows and see if you get a hit.

Summer 2004 is already owned by FOX who has been hyping summer shows all this month, and by NBC, who has the Olympic and Olympic qualifying anchors to lean on.

But, what if ABC is planning on trying to get in on the summer of 2005? If so, they need to backload their schedule so they can increase viewership throughout the spring to get attention to their summer shows. This is usally hard for ABC because they lose Monday Night Football in January and can never replace it, but if the network is going this direction, this is a way to give Alias the uninteruppted sequence it deserves and increase viewers for ABC heading into the summer. It also gives Alias a big vote of confidence if they are asking Alias to anchor their "second-half."

Perhaps a little crazy thinking, but this is certainly a possible model that ABC is switching toward, and would mean ABC stills stands behind Alias 100%.

What do y'all think?

all i know is i don't want to wait until january especially with the cliff hanger they left us with!! :( HOWEVER, if waiting until January to see it means that Lena Olin/Irina Direvko will be back on, then I am ALL for it...If that's the case, then I just wish they would tell us...It would help make the time go by faster... ;)

I think the Jan. Start will be awesome. Totally uninterrupted Alias! I like the fact that ABC is taking the HBO approach to tv shows (like the Sopranos). So we have to wait a little longer, oh well...the show will have a bit more flow. They're doing the same thing with 24, and I think it will be great

At first I was beyond mad but then I got to think I wold rather have 22 episodes straight of Alias then like we had of this season where eppys were scattered every where

i have to agree it was hard to get back into the eps if there was a 3 week break. i would rather have it start earlier and have straight through eps and have it end earlier. i can't wait!

its taken me time to come to terms with the change, but overall I have decided that I truly believe that this is the best thing for the show, even though it sucks having to wait for a new episode!

my aunt went to abc studios the other day and looked at their schedule, and was upset cuz it isnt on till 2005. sad...i am dying.......................................................maybe i will b ok...dunno...................it is heartbreakin g. i wanna c where sv is going...........ttyalll!

Honestly, I think it's great!

I agree with Jen, the new ABC president, JJ, and even Kristin from E! Online: Alias definitely loses momentum when a new episode doesn't air every week.

Of course, I'm sure they'll still find a reason or two to make us wait a couple weeks instead of 1 for at least a couple different times.

Back