Why My State Rocks!

Ok I have lived all over this country so I am takin gthis in from the last 5 years I've lived in Ohio. I live in Brunswick,Ohio near Cleveland and Columbus. Anyone heard of it??? I love Califorina my home state. And Florida sorry too hot! I like cold states! hehe Thi sis why Ohio rocks! Cleveland does't believe be Drew Carey lies! LOL Just a bunch of steam boats and metal car places liek Ford.

Let's see Ohio!

Have Lake Erie, one of the great lakes, have kings island, home of wendy's, 8 presidents came from her, a space guy who orbited the earth 3 times, Ohio State University is the national champions, cedar point, cleveland where drew carey and halle berry our from, famous for buckeyes, have some colleges, JENNIFER GARNER went to Denison in Gransville, she visits the college sometimes, cleveland indians who went to 1996 world series and lost and our now on a back streak, oh CAVES in which Lebron James the hottest basketball player now a days, lots of private schools, ohio ballet, tons of performing arts, nice people, some hicks, kids ride there bikes, no ice cream trucks, teens drive at speed limit most of the time, NO ALIAS FANS EXCEPT A FEW, six flags a theme park, near put-in-bay and kelley's island, have a few international airports, have skylines, people drive foreign cars, cleveland clinic, and lots of stuff I can't think of!!

I'd like Ohio it's a great place if I were to open my eyes and look outside instead of glued to this computer screen in my room.

NJ... sweet suburban life.. its mainly broing with the excption of living right next to NYC.. (me at least its 10 min utes away) being able to go to the beach, and the perfect climate, not to hot not to cold. we ahve six flags, cape may, but we lack krispy kreme donuts.. sadly...

Tons of malls could be a good thing, but commuters casue to mcuyh traffic. i got paramus park, river side, and garden state all within a 10 minute drive.

colleges, tomns of them all around... well lots of reasons,.. and the schools are very good.

Buenos Aires - Argentina ( does it count? )

The country's largest shopping mall is here, there are foreigners - which is always interesting, good universitis, it's where the president lives, parks, 2 airports, beaches, not too cold during the winter though rather hot in the summmer, great discos!

Bondgal2007 said:
Have Lake Erie, one of the great lakes, have kings island, home of wendy's, 8 presidents came from her, a space guy who orbited the earth 3 times, Ohio State University is the national champions, cedar point, cleveland where drew carey and halle berry our from, famous for buckeyes, have some colleges, JENNIFER GARNER went to Denison in Gransville, she visits the college sometimes, cleveland indians who went to 1996 world series and lost and our now on a back streak, oh CAVES in which Lebron James the hottest basketball player now a days, lots of private schools, ohio ballet, tons of performing arts, nice people, some hicks, kids ride there bikes, no ice cream trucks, teens drive at speed limit most of the time, NO ALIAS FANS EXCEPT A FEW, six flags a theme park, near put-in-bay and kelley's island, have a few international airports, have skylines, people drive foreign cars, cleveland clinic, and lots of stuff I can't think of!!
LOL...I love my Ohio too!

And even though I don't live in Cleveland, I love driving through the area for vacations, it's absolutely gorgeous!
I actually use to dislike Ohio...but I realized that it's pretty great and I love it here. Dayton is so so....though home to the Wright Brothers. Wright Patt is the best base!

And actually about Jen Garner....it's amazing that she went to Denison, b/c it's such a small school...but that's one of the colleges I've looked at!

it's so small and it's private. I was thinking about going there. She goes there at times and has like a speech about show business. I am praying my cousin can get me in sometime. Oh yea the Wrigth Brothers without them we'd all be stuck or driving cars!!!

Charlie said:
I've always wondered: What is someone from Ohio called? An Ohioan?

[EDIT: Yep. I Googled it and it looks like it]
:D I am a proud Ohioan! hehe some are called hicks cause they are in hick parts of ohio. But sadly not a natural born ohioan or american. I was adopted from India, but I am a US citizian.

SoCal here. ^_^

well, my state rocks because it's one of the few places in the world that you can go skiing in the morning and surfing in the late afternoon. not that I've ever actually done that, but still....

and also because of Griffith Observatory. and Hollywood Boulevard. and the Central Library. ^_^

the list goes on... :lol:

YA WOOOOO SO CALI ROX!!!! and they say texans are proud of there state? no way i LOVE my cali!

kk heres why:
theres the beach which means hott suffers, the piers and boardwalks, and the long walks on the beach with that speical suffer hott, theres the mountains, fun in the snow and yummy little cafes with hott apple pies,the desert where you go and get down and dirty while having fun on motorcycles, quads, and lots of other grown up toys, the diverse people, mexico right at ur finger tips, and that could only mean the BEST mexican food strait from the natives, the valley where so many suculante friuts are grown, the malls, the golden gate bridge with stunning views of the skyline and beautiful shimmer endless blue ocean, the amuisment parks, knotts berry farm, six flags magic mountian, disneyland, california adventure, and lego land, the wine vinyards where hundreds of arces of land are beautifully decorated with dazziling deep violet grape trees and amazingly magnificient dark greens, the redwood with some of the tallest trees in the US. The famous san diego zoo and wild animal park, the BEAUTIFUL historivally wonderfully babola park (sp), and finally JEN AND MICHAEL LIVE HUR! with hundreds of stars living in hollywood and beverly hills they can be spotted while dinning at a fine resturant,shopping on hollywood bouevard or just shooting there everyday 9-5 jobs!

it sounded like a brochure! lol but u have to admit my state CALIFORNIA is DA BEST!!!!!!!!

lauren vartan

Bondgal2007 said:
Charlie said:

:D I am a proud Ohioan! hehe some are called hicks cause they are in hick parts of ohio. But sadly not a natural born ohioan or american. I was adopted from India, but I am a US citizian.
LOL...I'm not one either, considering I was born in Japan (even though I'm not obviously not Japanese...considering the blonde hair I have...;)) But then again...the first state we lived in the states was Ohio (ok...so that was about a year before we moved again, but that's besides the point!)

Hurray for the Wright Brothers...and Wright Patt...they're letting my dad come home in a week!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Oh god the wonder of my home I miss LA! Stupid dad why'd you have to transfer! Hot surfers!!!!! I miss you all and ur bodies!! I'll visit in October!!! Ohio is still my home!

btvaughn said:
Bondgal2007 said:
Charlie said:

LOL...I'm not one either, considering I was born in Japan (even though I'm not obviously not Japanese...considering the blonde hair I have...;)) But then again...the first state we lived in the states was Ohio (ok...so that was about a year before we moved again, but that's besides the point!)

Hurray for the Wright Brothers...and Wright Patt...they're letting my dad come home in a week!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
:rolleyes: Sweet i forgot u live in Ohio! I have imed you but ur sis is on!!! IM me sometime

xoxilovevaughnxox said:
NJ... sweet suburban life.. its mainly broing with the excption of living right next to NYC.. (me at least its 10 min utes away) being able to go to the beach, and the perfect climate, not to hot not to cold. we ahve six flags, cape may, but we lack krispy kreme donuts.. sadly...

Tons of malls could be a good thing, but commuters casue to mcuyh traffic. i got paramus park, river side, and garden state all within a 10 minute drive.

colleges, tomns of them all around... well lots of reasons,.. and the schools are very good.
You live in Jersey? SO DO I!!!!!! FINALLY A JERSEY PERSON ON AA! :woot:

ohhh i think Jersey's pretty cool but my town is soo boring :lol:

wouldn't it be weird if i lived in the same town as you? well mine starts with an 'L' :lol: there are a lot of those in Jersey

but have you ever read the Stephanie Plum novels? they're mysteries, adult... not young adult... they make Jersey sound greaaaaaaaaat! you have to read 'em!

hey chanel, we don't lack Krispy kreme!!!!!!! i've never had one but i know cuz i've seen them...j ust never got the chance to buy them.

yeah, california rocks!! all of it! i'm originally from norcal but i go to school in socal so all of california is wonderful. (although the little political upheaval is not so great... but let's just ignore that for the moment.)

along with all the reasons previously mentioned, california is also the best state because a ton of AA members are from here. :D (yeah, so what if it's the most populous state, we've still got the most members here. :P)

AND...the number one reason why california is the best: alias is filmed here. :D beat that!! ^_^

crazy spinster said:
yeah, california rocks!!  all of it!  i'm originally from norcal but i go to school in socal
yeah norcal! we've got:

1. the landmark that the whole world recognizes, the golden gate!
2. berkeley and stanford are up here (home to several noble prized professors and alums).
3. tahoe and the skiing resorts up here,
photo_skiier2.gif

4. yosemite & lassen nat. parks (very beautiful)
5. the state capital
6. the silicon valley
7. the scene of the gold rush
8. and home of the cable car (kinda stretching it a bit, but o well)

BUT! i think the pride of norcal, is the trees that grow here, and nowhere else in the world, what could i be talking about, besides the famous redwoods?

Back