Winter Wonderland

well, i'm here still. :D i hate the weather in canada. so unpredictable. it was pouring like i've never seen before, then it would stop for 10 minutes or so, then pour again. :o_O: WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN!?!??!

i wanna update.
my turn :P so I guess I'm gonna update now, hopefully that's okay

-Chapter 18-

First thing in the morning Michael called down to the front desk and told them that he would be staying a few more nights. This thing with Sydney wouldn’t be easy, but he was prepared to spend all the time she needed. He wanted to be a part of his children’s lives, of Sydney’s life again.

He would have to push aside his anger at Sydney for keeping him from… he didn’t even know their names. He was a horrible father. But it wasn’t his fault, he hadn’t even known they existed. He fought with himself until he was thoroughly confused.

He got dressed and decided to go get some groceries since he would be staying there for a few more nights. He grabbed his keys off the small table and got into his car.

“Mommy?” Danielle stood with her doll in front of Sydney, looking questioning upwards.

“Yes sweetie?” Sydney asked softly.

“You go?” She stuck out her lip and Sydney saw tears in her eyes.

“Danielle.” Sydney kneeled down to her daughter’s height. “I’ll be right back. You don’t want to go to the grocery store do you?”

“No…” Danielle looked satisfied with her mother’s answer and ran off to play with Abby in the living room.

“Kate, I’ll be back in a few minutes.” Sydney called to Kate, who was playing with Abby and Danielle on the sofa.

“’Kay” She responded without looking up.

Michael drove slowly through Covington, looking for a supermarket. Finally he spotted one and pulled into their driveway. After grabbing a cart from the rack outside, he entered the store.

‘Hmm… what to buy first…’ He asked himself as he walked down the first aisle. First he grabbed some chips and pretzels and then moved on to the next aisle. There he grabbed some frozen meals, figuring he would eat out at least once while he was there.

Michael walked down the fifth aisle, not looking where he was going and focusing on all the cereals he could choose from. And of course, he bumped right into somebody.

“Oh, sorry.” Michael apologized as he turned to look who he hit and couldn’t believe to see Sydney with a basket of food in her hand standing in front of him.

To say he was surprised to see her would be an understatement. Sure this town wasn’t huge but how were the odds to run into her at the supermarket? Somehow Michael wished they hadn’t run into each other because this wasn’t how he had thought of meeting Sydney after two years again. And he had wanted to have more time to think about what to say to her.

“M… Michael.” Sydney looked like a deer caught in the headlights and the color drained from her face.

“At least you still remember my name.” He muttered sarcastically and at the same time he knew he should be nicer. Especially if he wanted a chance to really talk to her.

“Wh… What are you doing here?” She asked defensively, crossing her arms over her chest. All the time she had thought she would never see Michael again, which had been her intention moving to Covington, and now here he was, standing right in front of her. What was she going to say now?

“I could ask you the same thing.” Michael coldly replied, turning back to look at the cereal. Why was it so hard being nice? He felt betrayed because of the time he had missed with his daughters but at the same time seeing Sydney standing so pale and scared in front of him broke his heart. And he knew he had been the reason for this in the first place, so who was he to be angry at her?

“I… I live here now.” Sydney stuttered. The next moment she remembered the basket in her hand and hid it behind her quickly, hoping he wouldn’t see the other small foods in it.

“You don’t need to hide it.” Michael said softly.

“What?” Sydney asked irritated. Did he know? No, he couldn’t. As he pointed at her basket, she felt as if she was going to get sick.

“I know.” Michael confirmed her fears. Though she had wanted to tell Michael so often about his children but had been always afraid of his reaction, afraid of what he would say. “I saw you and the kids yesterday.”

“I… I don’t know what to say.” Sydney looked away and felt her eyes filling with tears. Two years and the pain was still there. She couldn’t tell him and she still felt not able to let him into her life again. The wounds he had caused hadn’t healed, she had just pushed them away and seeing him now was bringing everything back. “I gotta go.”

“Sydney wait.” Michael grabbed her wrist to stop her from running.

“Let me go.” Sydney pleaded, her voice shaken by the emotions she was feeling.

“Let us talk, let me explain. Please give me that chance to make it right. And give me the chance to get to now my children, cause they are mine, right?” Michael looked at her, almost begging for it.

They stood there for a moment until Sydney couldn’t take it anymore and told him the truth.

“They are yours.” Sydney answered so quietly that it was almost not hearable, “I gotta go now.”

“Sydney.” Michael called again, “I wanna see them and I wanna talk to you.”

“And then what? Sure, it’s been two years but it still hurts. I didn’t want you in my life then, and I’m not sure I want it now.” Sydney answered and though she felt sorry for him too, she couldn’t help but be angry.

“They’re my children too.” Michael reminded her but he knew that probably wouldn’t help him.

“Who said that? Michael, you weren’t there. They don’t even know you. Your not their father.” Right now Sydney hated herself. She had they feeling that if she agreed Michael would get his hopes up that they would maybe have another chance. For her that wasn’t a possibility, she had lost all his trust in him and she had hoped every day her love for him would be gone too.

“Don’t be ridiculous. Come on, what do you have to loose?” Michael asked.

‘My heart?’ Sydney thought. She was too afraid to let him into her life again. All she was hoping for was him going back and leaving her life forever. Though she knew that wasn’t likely to be happening.

“I can’t do that.” Sydney shook her head sadly and then turned, leaving the store as fast as possible without buying what she had came from. She would send Kate to get it later.

don't forget to review :angelic:

pm-list

ChrisM
derevkointraining
Lily Ella
Crazy for Alias
KAliasGirl
texasalias2004
Lovygirl
iheartvaughn
LittleNicky
alias=mylife26
Soccer22vartan
wiseman
6helterskelter6
vaughnsgurl4lf
secret_agent_angel
SpygirlAmy
Catpin
Aliaschick347
grassyass
superspy
vaughnshoney
Nancy O
BrownEyedGirl
Syd_ Vaughn
blknight

Sarahmañana
smartgirl2004
stella1
Kate_14
aliasfan212
vaughnroxmysox
berry_kyoote_spy88
cupcake55
funkymonkey
tunita
Vaughn-a-holic!439
tubby
syd26
LaQuetha
scullymulder1234
MH55995
mnkdance963
aprilsfool6
freelancer79
invisible
one&only44
luckylass
shelley g.
sydneymicheal
alias#1

frangipani
ALIAS_chick
Faela
fire*N*ice
twinkley_angel
sparklingrainbow
Mistyville
Alias_Day
cookiemonster
SydneyVaughn47
Alias79
Alias_Day
Chicketepee
aliasdancer007
atekamel
amlynac
lady alias
jadeygirl
Phoenixwannabe
PointguysGirl
fox_canada
angiverl
tblash423
stijn204@planet.nl
icaughtmeasark

SuperDuck123
anyaherrera
sydofthesea
lolo38
sabbiee_co
farliieansds225
Silvinha
msu_ruby
sydneyv22
angels_fire_88
dandan
sand2604

that was fantastic!! i loved it!!
aww i really want syd to talk to vaughn, i mean i know it must hurt but come on there his kids too!!
cant wait for more :D thanks for the PM
update soon :P

I can't believe what a :cuss: Sydney is being. (and that's not a nice word, the one I'm thinking about)

Yes he hurt her and she has the right to be angry or to not want to get back together with him but she has absolutely no right to keep him away from his children. :angry: I agreed with her at the beginning of the story when she didn't want to be with him after what he did but now I hate her for the way she's acting. Right now what she does is a lot worse than what he did.

I'll keep saying what I said before. A mother has to do what is best for her children, not for herself. She's being selfish and cruel.

“Who said that? Michael, you weren’t there. They don’t even know you. Your not their father.”

She was too afraid to let him into her life again. All she was hoping for was him going back and leaving her life forever.

The first quote is the one who totally send me over the edge.

You know, part of me is seeing a teenage daughter of Sydney angry at her for doing this and keeping them away from their father when he wanted to know them. Although I hope she will stop being a b.... soon and start thinking of her children and what's good for them. I wants to see one of her friend tell her that what she's doing is wrong and set her straight. Pleaseee...

Wow...It's not often a fic get me so worked up against a character

Personally I don't like how Sydney is acting. It's true that Michael made the first mistake but she keeps making him pay and pay and pay and pay and pay. He may have cheated because he was drunk but she's purposely keeping his children from him. To me that's a lot worse than he did to her.

She needs to pull that stick out of her backside and give him a chance.

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

Oh noo... Sydney why did you have to run away like that? Give Vaughn a chance!!! I hope Vaughn will come after her!

:cry: So sad... but they gotta sort things out... Syd had to be a little bit more open... I know it's hard but some day eventually the kids will ask whom their real father is... it's better now then ever... no matter what Vaughn did!

And I'm sure he regrets everything...

Get him the chance to see his girls :P please!

Back