Winter Wonderland

“Abby!” She answered proudly.

“Hug me?” Abby asked boldly, raising her arms up to him, wanting to comfort him. She must have seen the pained expression on his face and tried to be like her mother.

“Sowy Mommy.” Abby hugged her mom’s leg and then scampered back towards Michael, who was now standing up. She raised her hands up to him and Michael took it as a sign that she wanted to be picked up.

“You wanna be picked up munchkin?” He asked in a babyfied tone.

“Pwease?” She asked and Michael looked up at Sydney for confirmation.
Looks like you just found yourself an ally Mike!!! There's your way in, DON'T blow this :smiley:

“Yeah, just help me get them some breakfast.” Sydney rolled her eyes and walked down the hall into the kitchen. Michael picked up Abby carefully, and followed into the kitchen.
Wow didn't expect that answer at all!!! There is hope after all

Great update, can't wait for the next chapter (y)

GAME: people who put 10 quotes in their review will get a spoiler tomorrow.

-Chapter 21-

“So, did you check on the snow?” Sydney asked, trying to make it sound casual so that it wasn’t too obviously that she wanted him to leave.

“Even more than yesterday.” Michael answered, looking almost apologizingly at her.

“Great.” Sydney sighed, “Guess you have to stay here?”

“Well, it’s not like I could leave, it’s hardly possible to open the door.” He was glad about the snow but he would never admit that out loud or Sydney might kill him. Spending more time with Sydney, he might be able to talk to her again. Plus he had the chance to get to know his children.

“I know.” Sydney replied slightly annoyed.

“Mommy, we can go out play?” Abby asked while putting her spoon full of cereal into her mouth.

“Sweetie, there’s too much snow, we can’t.” Sydney answered softly, “We can play inside.”

“He too?” Danielle pointed at Michael with wide eyes but a small smile on her lips. It was if she was feeling more comfortable around him, now that she knew it was ok from her mom.

“Sure.” Sydney nodded. She took the empty cups and cereal bowls and put them in the sink. As they walked into the living room, the telephone started to ring. She looked at the caller ID and saw Kate’s name.

“Can you watch them?” Sydney asked and as Michael nodded, she went into the next room to talk alone to Kate.

“Hey.” Sydney answered after closing the door.

“Syd, I don’t think I can make it home today.” Kate told her.

“I know, we have the same problem here too.” Sydney sighted.

“We?” Kate asked, sounding surprised.

“Yeah, Michael’s here and as he wanted to go, he couldn’t because of the snow.” Sydney explained, letting out another heavy sigh.

“Michael’s there? Ugh, how are you?” Kate asked concerned.

“It’s weird, but ok I guess.” Sydney replied. Truth was, it felt more than weird having Michael here after all this time, seeing him with her children, no their children. She just hoped he wouldn’t get his hopes up too high because she doubted they would ever have another chance.

“Hopefully the snow’s gone soon.” Kate said sympathetically. She could imagine that it was difficult for Sydney.

“Oh, yes please.” Sydney mumbled, “Just come back soon and don’t leave me alone with him too long. Who knows what could happen, we could kill each other.”

“Now you’re being overly dramatic.” Kate chuckled.

“Yeah, just mock me.” Sydney said and Kate knew she was pouting now.

“Okay, see ya later.” Kate said and they hung up.

Sydney walked back into the living room and watched Michael play with their kids. He was on his knees pretending he was a horse with Abby sitting on him. Danielle was sitting on the floor close to them, chuckling watching them. As she saw Sydney coming in, she stood up and walked towards her.

“Me too mommy.” Danielle raised her arms at her. Sydney picked her up and rested Danielle on her hips.

“You can put her on my back too.” Michael offered and Sydney did, carefully letting Danielle go.

She watched them playing and couldn’t help but smile. He was so great with them and Sydney felt a bit guilty for keeping them away from him. On the other hand she was still certain she had made the right decision. She had needed the time away to get over the pain and anger she had felt towards him. It hadn’t gone away but it had subsided.

The day passed by while they were playing and when it was time to put them to bed, Michael offered to do it. Since Sydney could see how much he wanted to, she agreed.

While Michael was upstairs, Sydney grabbed her book she had started yesterday and walked to the couch to make herself comfortable. She pondered whether she should just go into her room so that she could avoid any conversation but then she decided against that.

Half an hour later, Michael came downstairs and sat down next to Sydney. For a while neither talked, Sydney because she pretended to be reading, though she glanced at him from time to time, and Michael because he didn’t know how to start.

“They’re great kids.” Michael broke the silence.

“They are.” Sydney nodded and looked up from her book.

“When’s their birthday?” Michael asked curiously, wanting to get to know his children.

“August, the 20th and Abby is a few minutes older.” Sydney replied.

“I wish you would have told me and not run away, making me believe you had an abortion.” Michael said. Now that Sydney was stuck with him he figured that it was best talking to her. So he better came straight to the point before loosing his courage.

“Me too.” Sydney replied quietly, “Though at that time I couldn’t tell you, I couldn’t have you around. I’m sorry but I know it was right, for me, because I needed that time to think clearly again.”

“Had you really considered it?” Michael looked at her questioning.

“Yeah, I even went to the clinic, but sitting in the doctor’s room, explaining everything to me again, I just had to leave. But I was convinced it was right not to do it. For days it was all I could think about and then I realized I had to go to get away from all of it.” Sydney answered sincerely.

“Do you think I could see my children regularly? I really want to be a part of their lives.” Michael asked pleading.

“How? You live in LA, I live here and I’m not going to move.” Sydney said more harshly than she wanted to. Of course he could see her children but she couldn’t imagine how that could work on a regular basis.

“I could move here.” Michael suggested and Sydney’s eyes widened.

TBC...
REVIEW PLEASE?

YA he wants to move there!!!!!!!!!!! :woot: :woot:
-I really hope he does and Syd doesn't get too mad!!!
Aww Vaughn is soo good with them...how can Syd not want him to see them regularly!!!
-Can't wait for more!! Loved it!! Thanks for the pm!!!

Oh I loved the update. I am glad that he is still stuck there so the adults can talk. Yea he wants to move to be with the girls. Please update soon.

texasalias

ok, i liked this chapter b/c it was the first time sydney wasn't such a raging b*tch and i've been totally hating her character in this story.

“I could move here.” Michael suggested and Sydney’s eyes widened.

this was the best line. i hope her eyes widen in surprise and happiness and not b*tchiness.. LOL

thanks for updating

thanks for the PM ...this is great..and i agree with the other comment about vaughn moving to prove how much he cares, that's awesome! lol

]“Sweetie, there’s too much snow, we can’t.” Sydney answered softly, “We can play inside.”

“He too?” Danielle pointed at Michael with wide eyes but a small smile on her lips. It was if she was feeling more comfortable around him, now that she knew it was ok from her mom

I'm happy Danielle is warming up to Micheal...

We?” Kate asked, sounding surprised.

“Yeah, Michael’s here and as he wanted to go, he couldn’t because of the snow.” Sydney explained, letting out another heavy sigh.

“Michael’s there? Ugh, how are you?” Kate asked concerned.

“It’s weird, but ok I guess.” Sydney replied. Truth was, it felt more than weird having Michael here after all this time, seeing him with her children, no their children. She just hoped he wouldn’t get his hopes up too high because she doubted they would ever have another chance.
of course it's weird...you haven't seen or spoken to him in a long time and last time you did you told him you had an abortion.
“Oh, yes please.” Sydney mumbled, “Just come back soon and don’t leave me alone with him too long. Who knows what could happen, we could kill each other.” or better yet :naughty: :naughty:

Sydney walked back into the living room and watched Michael play with their kids. He was on his knees pretending he was a horse with Abby sitting on him. Danielle was sitting on the floor close to them, chuckling watching them. As she saw Sydney coming in, she stood up and walked towards her. awwww :blush:

She watched them playing and couldn’t help but smile. He was so great with them and Sydney felt a bit guilty for keeping them away from him. On the other hand she was still certain she had made the right decision. She had needed the time away to get over the pain and anger she had felt towards him. It hadn’t gone away but it had subsided. this is were I get angry at Syd...She kept them away because it was what she wanted and needed not whast her children wanted and needed.... Being a mother you have to put your children's well-being first even if that causes you pain...

The day passed by while they were playing and when it was time to put them to bed, Michael offered to do it. Since Sydney could see how much he wanted to, she agreed. I think it is so cute that Micheal got to put his kids to bed.

“When’s their birthday?” Michael asked curiously, wanting to get to know his children.

“August, the 20th and Abby is a few minutes older.” Sydney replied.
He shouldn't have had to ask he should have been there, but since Syd didn't tell him she could have at least told him when their birthday was without him having to ask.

“I wish you would have told me and not run away, making me believe you had an abortion.” Michael said. Now that Sydney was stuck with him he figured that it was best talking to her. So he better came straight to the point before loosing his courage.
So glad he put that out there instead of beating around the bush about it...If they have any chance they need to get everything out in the open.

Me too.” Sydney replied quietly, “Though at that time I couldn’t tell you, I couldn’t have you around. I’m sorry but I know it was right, for me, because I needed that time to think clearly again.” There she goes agian thinking about what is best for her and not her children. If she was really sorry she would have and should have called him a long time ago not him finding out by chance.

“Had you really considered it?” Michael looked at her questioning.

“Yeah, I even went to the clinic, but sitting in the doctor’s room, explaining everything to me again, I just had to leave. But I was convinced it was right not to do it. For days it was all I could think about and then I realized I had to go to get away from all of it.” Sydney answered sincerely
at least she was honest about that...the abortion really was a possibility but in the end she just couldn't go through with it. (Thank goodness)

“Do you think I could see my children regularly? I really want to be a part of their lives.” Michael asked pleading. Vaughn shouldn't have to ask that should be automatic if Syd really wants what's best for their children

“I could move here.” Michael suggested and Sydney’s eyes widened. I think that is a great idea...and Syd's widened eyes better be of happiness not meaness cause she shouldn't really be surprised Micheal has always wanted to be a part of the childrens lives since he first found out she was pregnant

All in all a wonderful chapter and I can't wait to see what Syd's response is...
Thanks for the pm.

EDIT: Couldn't get the quote thing to work so I made them all bold...

I hope Michael moves in even though Sydney will probably freak out. If not just for his sake and for him wanting to be with his daughters, then it can give him big brownie points with Sydney. Moving is big.

Back