Winter Wonderland

poor syd n vaughn
but i know syds not gonna be able to keep that up for long
there gonna be sloppy n happy soon
thanks for the pm
loved the chaps

luv Chicketepee ^_^

I'm glad Sydney is being reasonable and letting him be the father he can be to his children...It definitely change from the way she acted in the last few chapters.

I hope if Will do meet Michael that Sydney will set him straight about what happened.

I loved the story...really cute...:smiley:

yay, that last chapter was wonderful.

i hope that syd gives michael another chance.
i like her but i dont like her all at the same time in this fic. i dont like her because she wont go for it with michael. she sees how hard he is trying to make things better. but i also like her because she wont go for it. her heart is fragile and i know what she is going through. its hard for someone to start a relationship again when someone has cheated on you.

well, i hope that he decides to move there, so that he can get to see abby and danielle

i hope that everything works out in the end (what can i say?? im a romantic at heart!! LOL)

thanks for the PM
and i hope that you UPDATE soon

~*~ kara ~*~

*sigh* the things i do for you.... lol

ChrisM
derevkointraining
Lily Ella
Crazy for Alias
KAliasGirl
texasalias2004
Lovygirl
iheartvaughn
LittleNicky
alias=mylife26
Soccer22vartan
wiseman
6helterskelter6
vaughnsgurl4lf
secret_agent_angel
SpygirlAmy
Catpin
Aliaschick347
grassyass
MH55995
mnkdance963
aprilsfool6
freelancer79
invisible
superspy

vaughnshoney
Nancy O
BrownEyedGirl
Syd_ Vaughn
blknight
Sarahmañana
smartgirl2004
stella1
Kate_14
aliasfan212
vaughnroxmysox
berry_kyoote_spy88
cupcake55
funkymonkey
tunita
Vaughn-a-holic!439
tubby
syd26
LaQuetha
scullymulder1234
one&only44
luckylass
shelley g.
sydneymicheal
alias#1

frangipani
ALIAS_chick
Faela
fire*N*ice
twinkley_angel
sparklingrainbow
Mistyville
Alias_Day
cookiemonster
SydneyVaughn47
Alias79
Chicketepee
aliasdancer007
atekamel
amlynac
lady alias
jadeygirl
Phoenixwannabe
PointguysGirl

fox_canada
angiverl
tblash423
stijn204@planet.nl
icaughtmeasark
SuperDuck123
anyaherrera
sydofthesea
lolo38
sabbiee_co
farliieansds225
Silvinha
msu_ruby
Meljay
sand2604
angels_fire_88
sydneyv22
74Aliaschickita47
NadiaSantosFan
JessicaAC
krzykty57789
Carol_Br47
vaughn4eva24
Freelancer7315
icaughtmeasark

Chapter 26

After Michael had finished his story, Sydney stood there for a few more minutes, just watching them. Then she turned and walked to the kitchen window, seeing more snow falling down. Sighing she wished it would stop. It was getting harder and harder to be around him all the time. She felt the walls that protected her crumble and didn’t know how long she could keep them up.

She heard footsteps behind her and knew Michael had joined her in the kitchen. Turning around she looked at him, not sure of what to say.

“Nice story.” Sydney finally said, giving him a weak smile.

“Yeah, still need to work on better storylines.” Michael chuckled.

“No, it was really nice.” Sydney said sincerely, “And they liked it.”

“Can we talk about what happened earlier?” Michael asked softly and looked at her closely, waiting for her reaction.

“I’d rather not.” Sydney whispered and looked away.

“Sydney, please.” Michael pleaded and reached for her hand but she pulled away before he could touch her.

“We kissed, that’s all.” Sydney walked by Michael and into the living room, closely followed by Michael. She picked up Danielle and Michael picked up Abby and they carried them up to their room. She just hoped that he wouldn’t continue their conversation when Abby and Danielle were in the same room.

“Sydney, stop being so stubborn and talk to me.” Michael said quietly, gently grabbed her arm and pulled her out of the girls’ room.

“What are you doing?” Sydney asked, slowly getting a bit angry.

“Letting the girls sleep.” Michael explained why he had walked with her upstairs, “Now we can talk.”

“I already said there’s nothing to talk about.” Sydney crossed her arms in front of her defensively.

“Michael,” Sydney sighed and tried to think of something to say to talk him out of this.

“No, Sydney.” Michael shook his head, “Just hear me out, for once and don’t run away.”

“I’m not running away.” Sydney replied quietly, “I’m here, aren’t? We just can’t start over and try it again. I just don’t wanna talk about it over and over again only to come to the same conclusion.”

Sydney let out a heavy sigh and walked away, hoping Michael wouldn’t follow her this time. To her surprise, he didn’t. Entering her bedroom, Sydney took her phone and called Kate. She needed someone to talk right now, someone else than Michael. With him she couldn’t talk about her confused feelings but with Kate she could.

After a few moments she answered the phone: “Hey Syd.”

“Hey.” Sydney sighed, “Do you have a minute?”

“Sure, everything okay over there?” Kate asked concerned as she heard the stressed tone in her voice.

“Yeah, I… we… Michael and I kissed.” Sydney mumbled and at fist Kate wasn’t sure she had understood right.

“You did what?” Kate asked surprised.

“We kissed.” Sydney let out a heavy breath, “I don’t know what to do now.”

“What do you want to do?” Kate asked.

“That I don’t know either.” Sydney admitted quietly. “It’s so complicated and having him here all the time doesn’t make it any easier to figure anything out.”

“You still love him?” Kate asked, knowing the answer already. The only question was: did Sydney know too?

“I do.” Sydney whispered, “But it’s not that easy. Abby and Danielle need their dad, I know that now so we can’t just jump back in. I guess we better leave it that way.”

“Give yourself a few days to consider it.” Kate suggested.

“Okay,” Sydney agreed, “I let you get back to your boyfriend now.”

“See you soon.” Kate replied and both hung up.

In the evening Sydney and Michael were sitting in the living room, watching a movie neither really paid attention to.

“One question, I only have one.” Michael said, breaking the silence.

Sydney was about to answer that she didn’t want to talk but then she reconsidered. “Fine. What is it?”

“Why don’t you want to try?” Michael asked softly and looked at her questioning, “And I know what happened two years ago isn’t the whole reason.”

“No it isn’t.” Sydney admitted and looked away, “But it doesn’t change the fact way I don’t wanna try again.”

“What are you afraid of?” Michael moved a bit closer to her, carefully watching her.

“That it doesn’t work out.” Sydney stood up to get more distance between them, making it easier for her to think. If Michael was that close again she might not be able to hold back from kissing him.

“But don’t you think it’s worth a try? To be a family?” Michael followed her and stopped behind her, facing her back and gently placed a hand on her shoulder.

“What about Danielle and Abby?” Sydney asked back, “They need you as their father.”

Sydney turned around and looked at him, noticing how close they were standing. God, how bad she wanted to be together with him again. After all the years she still had the same feelings for him. She was just too afraid to make the necessary step.

“They won’t loose me, no matter what.” Michael promised whispering, taking another step into her direction.

don't forget to review :P

Back