Politics Working Cards

My question to everyone is about the topic that came up in the 3rd debate. While they were talking about boarder protection, President Bush mentioned an idea/plan for people coming over boarders to have a working card. Those cards would be given to hard working and willing people who could help fill the work place that a willing american couldnt/wouldnt do. Personally i think its a good idea. Why shouldnt mexican citizen be allowed to come over and work to help there families. As long as they had no prior record with the law and we good hard workers, maybe they should be given the chance. What do you think?

A mexican citizen should be able to come over, but must be documented, and must immedeatly find a job that no American will take. Why an american wouldn't take a job now, i dont know.

I thought it was a great idea.... that is why they illegally cross the borders everyday so that the can provide for their families -- how can you fault someone for that..... And if there is a way for them to legally come into the united states -- I'm all for it....

Why an american wouldn't take a job now, i dont know.

Because the jobs that are available "aren't good enough" in some people's eyes.... which in my eyes, is ludicrous.... I get so tired of seeing people work the system and have taxpayers support them because they don't want to work in a convenience store, McDonald's, or a gas station. It's a job for the love of pete.... you have to start somewhere..... and if people in America want to continue using food stamps and collecting welfare rather than work for their money, then let a mexican man or woman into this country to work in the jobs that these lazy Americans don't want to take.

Rant over.... :D

I agree with you a job is a job. I think I'm ok with the idea, I don't want to be all well only Americans should get jobs, Mexicans have to stay in there own country. I think Americans should have first pick because it is our home, and it's as unfair to get kicked out of our local jobs as it is for Mexicans to not have them. But if we're going to pass on a job just because we're to snobby then most certainly someone else should have the chance at it.

Even without work cards, Mexicans will cross the border and Americans will hire them for cheap labor. The work card would give them legitimacy so they could bargain for better treatment or higher wages.

I agree, a job is a job and i am tired of my taxes paying for lazy americans who dont want to work for there money. I agree that some people def. do need the help, but if you dont want to work at Mcdonalds just to get your foot in the door and make it on your own why should the government keep handing out money. I know in MA they have started to crack down on this issue by making people get out there and find a job so the government doesnt have to dish out as much money. The Problem is weve become a custom to this way of life and staying home with the kids is more ideal than working, i know id rather stay home with my kids given the chance and leech from the government, but i dont think its right, esp. when theres good jobs out there up for grab.

(not intending to insult anyone who is on welfare,assited help, funding ect. becauser there are people who def. need the help) but if you can get a job, even if its something small to help you can always move up find another job, get promoted ect. i know i feel much better working for my money. :D

Back