Working It Out

Yay. I know I promised to post this next month, but I'm too excited. All I can say is that all you'll get now is a preview and you have to WATCH THIS SPACE. I won't post the review until (maybe) tomorrow.

:woot: *dances* :woot: *grabs noelle and starts to groove on the dance floor which includes flashing squares on the ground and a flashing disco ball spinning from the ceiling* :cool:

In answer to certain FAQ's: here it is. Sorry about the cliffhanger but hey, I needed you to come back and read more.

TITLE – Working It Out

AUTHOR - Anji

DISCLAIMER – Since I am writing fan fics it is pretty obvious that the owners of Alias are JJ Abrahams, Bad Robots, ABC, Touchstone and anyone else associated with them, and not me. Bummer, huh?

SPOILERS – The spoilers are that Sarah Michael is Vaughn and Syd’s kid (But you would already know this if you have read the prequel.). Oh and she has a sister, 6, called Kaella-Mai. (Pronounced Kay-ella May)

STATUS – This is the long-awaited sequel to New Start at Old Love.

CLASSIFICATION - PG

SUMMARY – This is set in Sarah Michael’s high school. Sydney and Michael have been married for seven years. Jack and Irina are back together, but they still have a fiery relationship. Anji and Eric are married and have a kid called Silver.
This first chapter is from Sarah Michael's POV as is seen by the *Sarah Michael. That should clear all this up for you.

*Sarah Michael.

‘Miss Vend, are you listening to me?’
Ms Keller snapped me out of my daydream.
‘Yes, maam.’
‘Then what is the square root of 2209? Come up and work it out on the board.’

Maths. My least favourite subject. As I walked up to the board I thought that if Ms Keller knew what I could do to her with one arm and a ruler as my only defence, then she wouldn’t be so happy to pick on me. My parents had taught me well in the art of self-preservation.

After working out the answer on the board, 47 just incase you were wondering or cared, I returned to my seat. You know how boring Maths is right? Well, even though I’m really good at it, I fully agree with you. There is only one thing good about this class. And he is sitting about two seats away.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before I continue, let me tell you who I am. First of all my last name isn’t Vend. It’s Vaughn. You have probably never heard of me before. Until I was eight I had never met my mom or real dad. Some Irish terrorist guy called Sark had kidnapped me when I was born and told me I was his daughter. How he expected to get away with it, I don’t know. To cut a really long story short, my real parents staged a dramatic rescue and saved me. Seven years ago they got married in our backyard. Then my dad’s best friend, Eric, proposed to my mom’s sister, Anji and now they are married. I guess you are really wondering now about my self-preservation techniques, how my brave parents could rescue me from a terrorist and why Ms Keller called me Vend? Well, my parents are spies and they work for the CIA. So do my Uncle Eric and Aunt Anji. I guess you could call it the family business. My parents gave me lessons in armed and unarmed combat lessons so that I can protect myself, if need be. While my little sister, Kaella-Mai, who’s six can’t use a gun, I can fire 3 rounds from a Magnum with deadly accuracy. Vend is my school alibi. All CIA children who go to school have different names to there real ones so that they can’t be traced.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, back to Math class. Sitting two seats in front of me is the most handsome guy in the school. The funny thing is that David, is a total genius. He’s in my computer and gym classes and even the computer teacher asks him for help. David and his twin brother, Alex, are the most popular guys in school. Of the two though, David gets my vote. My best friend, Stevie, hands me a note. Stevie’s real name is Stephanie but no one calls her that to her face. Not even Ms Keller. I open the note.
Are you coming over tonight?
I write back.
I can’t. This little sixteen year old’s parents believe I am old enough to deserve the responsibility of babysitting two bratty six year olds, namely Kaella-Mai and my cousin Silver. Do you want to help? My parents are off on a business trip with my aunt and uncle.

As I pass the note back, I get the feeling I am being watched. Snapping my head up from my work, I catch David looking at me. He blushes and gets back to his work. I try to figure out why he’d be staring at me. Sure I inherited my dad’s green eyes and my mom’s brown hair, but it’s not like I’m pretty or anything. Stevie passes back the note. This time it’s interesting.
Sure the more the more the merrier. I just saw that HOTTIE David checking you out. He so likes you. You should talk to him. He’s single. I’ll come with you to pick up the girls after school. Back to David. The reasons you should talk to him are:
1. He’s HOT
2. He’s single
3. He’s HOT
4. He’s got wheels
5. He’s HOT
6. He’s smart
and he is so checking you out.

I swear that Stevie has a 1 1/2-track mind and it bounces between the two so much that you need a translator to piece together what she’s saying. I’m the translator. The bell rings and we scurry from the class.

Halfway out the door, somebody bumps me and my books go flying. I turn around expecting to see Stevie grinning wickedly behind me. I don’t Instead I see the most gorgeous guy in the whole school, blushing like mad.
‘I’m so sorry. Let me help you.’ Next thing I know David is picking up my books. Now I see Stevie grinning wickedly at me. David deposits my books safely in my arms.
‘I am so sorry Sarah Michael.’
‘You know my name?’ I finally manage to stammer out.
‘Yeah. You’re in my computer and gym classes. I’ve also seen your stories posted in the halls. You are a really good writer.’

Shame. My English teacher loved my stories so much that he tacked them up on the notice boards. Now I have to take them down.
‘They are shocking. Let’s just say my mom’s “creative” and I inherited some of hr genes.’
‘They are really well written and are very eloquent. At least you look good in your parents genes.’
Oooo. Good-looking and he has a sense of humour too
‘Thanks.’ We started walking down the hall. ‘What do your parents do for a living?’
David hesitated. ‘My mom works at a bank and goes on lot’s of business trips. My dad is a computer technician for the bank as well. What do your parents do?’
It was my turn to hesitate. ‘Both my parents work in a bank and so do my aunt and uncle. If they all aren’t away then two of them are here. Well here’s my locker, I guess I see you around sometime.’
‘Yeah. Well, see-ya.’ David starts to walk off, but stops and comes back, ‘Sarah Michael, do you want to catch a movie with me tomorrow night? This movie called Cheaper by the Dozen is showing and my brother is refusing to go with me, and my sister, Electra has already been, so I was wondering if you would like to come with me? If you’re not too busy that is?’

yay!!! first to reply! great way to start! srah micheal's got a crush!! ohh!! haha ok well i gotta say im liking it so far! (y) good job! update soon & thnx 4 the pm!
*kisses*
~marisa~

How cute!! :sigh: I love how Sarah Michael is all grown up!! And she has a sibby too, that's cool!! :lol:
Hehe...I like how she could take out her teacher like that and that the CIA thing is all 'in the family' as well!! (y)
And the different kids names in your story are so much fun!! I LOVE Stevie!! I'm a big fan of Fleetwood Mac and Stevie Nicks...she's such an awesome singer!! Is that where you got your name for Sarah Michael's Best friend?? :confused: Just wondering!!
Can't wait for more!! :lol:
🦋 Colly E.

OMG, that was so great!!! I love fics that are kind of centered on Syd and Vaughn's kids!! Always so cute ans so much fun to read! Can't wait for more!! Thanks for the PM!! :smiley:

Stevie is a real person (she's a freind of mine) but I based the actual character on my best freind Leanne, who is Marshall's wife. I came up with Silver and Kaella-Mai all by my little self

Ack! Cliffhanger!!!!!! :eek: :eek: She has to say yes!! Can't she? Update soon! See I was so happy to see you updated *Noelle and nattie are still grooving on the now REVOLVING dance floor* :cool: Update soon!!! :angelic:

Great chapter :D And if I remember correctly then David is Marshall and Carries son, right? :P Please update soon.
And thanks for the pm.

Awww...she's all grow up, and she already has a crush! :blush: This is really cute. What a great update you your sequel. I can't wait for more. Great beginning!! (y)
Thanks for the pm.

Love ya,

Penny :angelic:

Back