Wyr not just for items?!

Evran

Cadet
Geesh I can't believe I just noticed this... (taken from Wyr System page here)

Wyr become active when locked into a socket that corresponds to the Wyr's shape. They can be applied to three key regions of gameplay: Aspects, Abilities, and Items.
Aspects
Characters possess three fundamental aspects: Body, Mind, and Spirit. Wyr that affect Aspects may increase a character's damage across the board, help her to resist the effects of a Charm manipulation, or give her unusual abilities under certain key circumstances.​
Items
Items include clothing, weapons, and off-hand items (wands, shields, beer mugs). Players will be able to craft entire wardrobes that they swap around depending on the situations they intend to take their character into.
Abilities
"Abilities" are granted based on a character's chosen classes. While Abilities are highly functional in their own right, applying Wyr can fundamentally alter the nature of that functionality, improve upon it, and even provide entirely new functionality. Examples include changing a fire spell to an ice spell, dramatically increasing the likelihood of attack, and even teleporting a Rogue into backstab range from a distance.​

So its not just equipment that can be upgraded using Wyr but your stats and abilities?!:eek: I should learn not to just skim something.:eek:

Also the beer mug bolsters my faith that Simu is certainly keeping RP at least in mind. I can picture it now... Mug in one hand, sword in other, taking a swig every other hit... just for fortification mind you... Swinging a sword is thirsty work! ;)

It's going to be pretty sweet how much you can with Wyr. Being able to customize your abilities, personal atributes, and weapons under one system will help for balancing, and make a broad way to play the game. I'm almost positive there will not be a single cookie-cutter class that just wtf owns. In fact, on release, it's going to take a few months for people even to have a slight idea about what is awsome, and what isn't'.

Awh! I <3 HJ.

Wyr is gonna add a very interesting element to pvp, no more rock - paper - scissors, X class beats Y, and Y class beats Z, and Z class beats X, and thats all there is too it.

I cant wait, i may even enjoy pvp for the first time in a long time.

Eve said:
I'm assuming they can swim. :D
Actually I think most pirates can't swim... its why walking the plank is such a terrible punishment... well, that and being left in the middle of the ocean with a cannonball strapped to your feet :rolleyes2:
-----------------------------------------
Ooh... Thanks Thaos, I hadn't seen that one... four more Wyr to drool over.

:: ponders Wizard's Elemental Helix Ability::
::counts number of days to 2007::
::shrieks::

Back