Dismiss Notice
Alien Soup is a free community for fans of science-fiction, horror, & fantasy! Everybody is welcome here.

XF Arcade - Installing Archive_Tar?

Discussion in 'Games' started by x8biTw0LFx, Nov 21, 2016.

1. x8biTw0LFx

x8biTw0LFx Cadet

Hi guys! I'm new to this forum and new to xF. Been using phpBB for a couple of years and recently switched over to xF.

I stumbled upon this great add-on by XFRocks: XF Arcade 0.2.0 Testing - but he seems to have abandoned the project - such a shame.

When trying to add new games (the pre-installed works fine) I get this error:
    Code:
    Server Error

include_once(Archive/Tar.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in Zend/Loader.php at line 146
        Zend_Loader::loadFile() in Zend/Loader.php at line 146
        Zend_Loader::loadFile() in Zend/Loader.php at line 94
        Zend_Loader::loadClass() in Zend/Filter/Compress/Tar.php at line 62
        Zend_Filter_Compress_Tar->__construct() in Zend/Filter/Compress.php at line 107
        Zend_Filter_Compress->getAdapter() in Zend/Filter/Decompress.php at line 47
        Zend_Filter_Decompress->filter() in Arcade/Model/Import.php at line 56
        Arcade_Model_Import->extract() in Arcade/ControllerAdmin/Arcade.php at line 299
        Arcade_ControllerAdmin_Arcade->actionImport() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
        XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
        XenForo_FrontController->run() in /customers/1/b/c/vikingsofdestiny.dk/httpd.www/admin.php at line 13
    This is because Archive_Tar isn't installed and I've tried to look at the installation guide, but is way too heavy for a xF-noobie like me :D

Can anyone guide me through it? Would be very much appreciated!:chewiedance:

/Christian

2. Kevin

Kevin Code Monkey Staff Abductee

Has XFRocks definitely stopped development on XFA? :( I know sometimes it takes a while for him to respond to stuff.

For your issue... are you on shared hosting or a VPS? If shared hosting, have you asked your host to install PEAR archive for you? If on VPS, do you have PEARS archive installed?

If you're not familiar with it, you can check here for info about PEAR: Archive_Tar

3. x8biTw0LFx

x8biTw0LFx Cadet

Hi Kevin.

Yes I think so. No updates for quite awhile.

I'm on shared hosting and they do not support installing PEAR on the server.
    I've found out that it can be done manually though. If I make a folder in root (pear) and copy the files to that and make a it accessable either through ini_set or .htaccess - but here comes the problem - I'm in no way skilled enough to do that :(

Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
  4. x8biTw0LFx

x8biTw0LFx Cadet

Hi again @Kevin :)

I've added all the games manually, but after testing, I'm the champion of alot of games :P

Do u know how to remove the games that is not in the library from the profile box?

[​IMG]

5. Kevin

Kevin Code Monkey Staff Abductee

If you don't have the games installed where are the Champion flags coming from? :cautious:

6. x8biTw0LFx

x8biTw0LFx Cadet

I tested the games, mainly to see if the scoreboard worked and then deleted them afterwards. But the champion flags are still there:banghead: