me8.jpg

me9.jpg

me10.jpg

me11.jpg

me12.jpg

me13.jpg

me14.jpg

me15.jpg

So... you shot at a wall... and then you hid... and then you got captured by off-duty Combine soldiers? Gordon Freeman you are not, my friend.

"Gordon Freeman you are not, my friend."

Well, yea, he didn't have his trusty crowbar. With one of those, those Combine wouldn't have had a chance...

Originally posted by Sa_Semax@Jun 20 2006, 06:27 AM
Man, I would love to try paintball! It's just so damn expensive. Or at least it is here in Denmark.
It's expensive anywhere. A decent marker costs anywhere from $150-$700, then you've got paint and dozens of incidental expenses....I'd much rather spend my hard-earned cash on parts for my car. =P

Originally posted by Riceman@Jun 20 2006, 07:47 AM
It's expensive anywhere. A decent marker costs anywhere from $150-$700, then you've got paint and dozens of incidental expenses....I'd much rather spend my hard-earned cash on parts for my car. =P
Of course, if you spent that money on a paint ball turret for your car, you could have it both ways!

Honestly, why am I the only one who thinks of these things? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Sa_Semax@Jun 20 2006, 11:27 AM
Man, I would love to try paintball! It's just so damn expensive. Or at least it is here in Denmark.
I've easily invested over $1,000 on paintballing. My marker (gun) which is actually a pretty in-expensive marker was only $200. It's a Smart Parts Ion, and if anyone plays paintball they will also tell you that it is the latest rage.

My mask was $70. A case of paint which I can easily go through in a day is $35. My Compressed Air tank was $150, and this is all going for mid-range on parts, paint, and air.

You could easily spend $3,000 on just parts alone.

EDIT - Just spent another $110 on jersey, and pants.

Originally posted by frostydf2+Jun 20 2006, 10:33 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (frostydf2 @ Jun 20 2006, 10:33 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Sa_Semax@Jun 20 2006, 11:27 AM
I've easily invested over $1,000 on paintballing. My marker (gun) which is actually a pretty in-expensive marker was only $200. It's a Smart Parts Ion, and if anyone plays paintball they will also tell you that it is the latest rage.

My mask was $70. A case of paint which I can easily go through in a day is $35. My Compressed Air tank was $150, and this is all going for mid-range on parts, paint, and air.

You could easily spend $3,000 on just parts alone.

EDIT - Just spent another $110 on jersey, and pants. [/b][/quote]
Yeah.....this is why I'm more into woodsball than speedball. Woodsball is easier on the wallet. =P

Blah paintball, smaintball. :rolleyes:
Back in the day we just went out with BB guns in the woods and shot each other. Didn't need all that junk (camo was a good idea though) and it was more exciting.

Originally posted by Morneblade@Jun 20 2006, 12:30 PM
Back in the day we just went out with BB guns in the woods and shot each other. Didn't need all that junk (camo was a good idea though) and it was more exciting.

Did anyone have any eyes left after that?

Originally posted by Eve+Jun 20 2006, 03:34 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Eve @ Jun 20 2006, 03:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Morneblade@Jun 20 2006, 12:30 PM

Did anyone have any eyes left after that? [/b][/quote]
<takes out his glass eyes>

BB guns... now there's something I can relate to. Sadly, I left my german made pellet rifle back in NY, as I had no room to tote it along in my car on my trip to AZ. Hmmm... Camo, woods, and bb guns... and lots of welts.

<reminisces about the old days>

~ Jaraeth

Paintballing is a sport. Not a 'lets get together and shoot eachother up'. I play a fast paced game called Speedball. Each team has 3, or 4 members. The field is about 50 yards long, and 25 yards wide. This game takes more talent then almost any sport I have participated in, and I've played them all. From high school football, and baseball, to rec rugby, and soccer.

Originally posted by Morneblade@Jun 20 2006, 07:30 PM
Blah paintball, smaintball. :rolleyes:
bb guns.. hah. anybody ever set up your riffle like a shotgun? we'd always pour a few down the barrel, get close range and blast someone with three... or ten.

I (occassionally) play a sport that is more dangerous, harder, and scarier than all of these sports combined.

Racquetball.

OMG. i always thought racquetball was some wimpy tennis offspring until one day a friend invited me to play a game at the gym near my house. I figured this would be some friendly little game until we started playing. In 30 minutes I was huddled in a corner, tired and sweaty, begging the small purple ball to please stop its merciless rampage on my head and nutsack.

I was in therapy for weeks.

:(

Racquetball ftw. ;)

BTW, frosty. Nice job pwning those nubs. When you play paintball does a booming, godlike voice appear from nowhere and go "BOOM! HEADSHOT!!!" when you hit a nub in the head? :P

Originally posted by Jaraeth+Jun 20 2006, 11:14 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jaraeth @ Jun 20 2006, 11:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Eve@Jun 20 2006, 03:34 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Morneblade
@Jun 20 2006, 12:30 PM

Did anyone have any eyes left after that?
<takes out his glass eyes>

BB guns... now there's something I can relate to. Sadly, I left my german made pellet rifle back in NY, as I had no room to tote it along in my car on my trip to AZ. Hmmm... Camo, woods, and bb guns... and lots of welts.

<reminisces about the old days>

~ Jaraeth [/b][/quote]
Yeah, that was great stuff there! Nothing like going home and having to dig BB's out of your body, and man, pellets hurt a ton! And we wore goggles so that whole catchphraze "it's all fun and games untill someone looses an eye" didn't come true. Well, at least until they start to fog up, then they end up around your neck, hehe. But yeah, we were lucky.

Not so sure about speedball taking more talent than other sports though. I played alot of sports when I was younger (football, soccer, basketball, track, baseball, tennis, lacrosse) and I can't really see how much more talented you'd have to be playing paintball. The other sportst are certainly more physically demanding, and tennis is one of the most grueling sports you can play from a mental aspect. I'm sure that playing it at a very high level requires a combination of skill and pratice that most won't attain, but I'd take trying to hit a Randy Johnson slider 475 feet as alot tougher.

Well I was taking it from my perspective Morneblade. Speedball actually takes quite a bit of talent. Learning how to acurately shoot 18 balls per second (full-auto isn't aloud) with both sets of hands. Learning how to snap-shoot properly, and when to snap-shoot. Of course if you want to compare hitting Randy Johnson, then you need to compare playing a game against Dynasty.

Back