Introduce yourself thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
so! :lol: My name is Mike Dold. I am 15 yrs old and I'm an aquarius (i never meet many ppl that r aquarius for some reason). My bro is Jack Dold who is calling himself Demascus on the forums here. Jon DDA is pretty much my bro too, my parents call him the extra Dold because hes at my house all the time (since he lives down the street). I have been following Hero'sHall for some time now and have finally decided to step it up and register (partly because for about a week straight all i got was Jon talking about HJ and agonizing over the site being down during maintenance a lil bit ago, so that sparked my interest)

I currently reside in the tiny town of Big Lake, Minnesota and as a result of intense boredom from having nothing to do out here in God's Country, i began my life as a gamer. I give all credit to Jon DDA, a.k.a. Big Head Kid, for getting me into MMORPG's. He started me on Diablo2 LOD. Then i got into Warcraft III and slightly into Starcraft and then we switched to WoW (i really like the Blizzard games). We finally got really bored of WoW guild drama and now our interest is in HJ.

In RL i like to snowboard in the winter and am a member of the ski/snowboard club. I actually get to be in the spudfest parade tomorrow for ski club (yes thats right, we have a festival honoring potatoes) :D woot! Then in the spring i'm on the track team at my high school where i throw shotput and discus. I was really into paintball for about 2 yrs, but got sick of it after wasting too much money on my crappy gun.

And a few more extra-tasty tidbits for you: I am an extreme Fantastic Four buff and own many of their comic books. i however was disappointed in the movie. But other than FF, i read many of Stan Lee's Marvel comics. I also am a big star wars fan, jon and i even went so far as to make a star wars/vocab movie for our english assignment this year. On a scale of 1 to awesome, it was totally cool.

Welcome MikeDold!! Feel free to enjoy the many discussions :smiley: If you have any questions, feel free to look up any moderator B)

<points to JonDDA>

~ Jaraeth

Welcome Roeth, Pietoro, Thea Nightwind, seiv, marleena, Shadow Zero, and MIKE DOLD...who? MIKE DOLD

Hope to see you all posting and getting the most out of hero's journey.

Greetings everyone! :Ph34r:

My name is Tim. Ive been playing games for 14 years now. I live in Bellingham, WA and have played many MMORPG's. Some to include are EQ,AC,DAOC,AO,SB, EVE, and of course WOW.

I heard of this game awhile ago and having grown tired of WOW (It isnt a bad game ive just had to many bad experiances with it) I have decided to come on these boards to see if i can help with the evolution of this game. It seems to have promise and I hope we can all shape it to become a better game :smiley:

Hope to talk to you all soon! :D

Welcome to Hero's Hall Ravoric! As you said, you want to help the game out right? well you came to the right place. The Simutronics staff does read our forums, and they do take our ideas into consideration. As a fact, I can name a few specific topics off of the top of my head if I wanted to that the Simutronics staff have actually discussed our ideas.

WoW huh? I think everyone has played that game, I honestly cannot think of a person who plays computer games who has not at least heared of the game. I played it as well for around 3-4 months, off, and on. It really isn't that bad of a game, but it doesn't add anything new to the genre. No territorial gains.

EVE Online as well? I'm currently playing that game with Xblood, and I haev to say that we both really enjoy the game. It is really immsersive, and has excellent graphics which are actaully being updated soon.

Welcome, welcome, welcome!!!

EVE was great but im really a fantasy gamer at heart and i was mostly playing with a friend.

And i have to agree about WOW...I love the game and yet its been a girlfriend that never calls anymore....One heartbreak after the other. :(

Hi, I'm Cassira (aka Chris ). I work for a company that produces pacemakers (in the tech services department) and live on the west coast.

I'm an officer of the Tagnik'Zur guild and currently play EQ2. I've only been playing games since the lauch of Lineage 2. :lol: I had been looking for a new game to play and ran home with Lineage 2, not knowing it was an onine game. I had opened it and installed it before I figured that out. I decided to give it a try, totally expecting to hate it, and have been hooked ever since. I quickly left Lineage 2 for WoW and then about a year ago I moved onto EQ2. I also play Civilization 4 with some friends a few nights a week. :P Thanks to Morne, Eve and Thekk, I've gotten very interested in HJ.

In my free time, when I'm not playing a game, I enjoy genalogy and various craft projects.

BTW, thanks to those who put together such a nice site. I look forward to spending more time lurking around here. B)

Lineage 2 in my opinion is a very entertaining game. i played it from taiwan open beta, to 3 months into launch. I was on the server Bartz, and located in the blood pledge, and red knights when they dissolved.

I quit however becuase I finnnally experianced real life... my first girlfriend.

However, beyond that, welcome to Hero's Hall!

Maze here. Hello. :smiley:

I’ve been watching HJ closely for a while and thought it might be a good idea to get involved with the community.. from time to time. So, here I am.

About me? Well last night I made tacos for dinner. That was nice. Tonight I’m thinking of having leftover tacos for dinner. That’s about it really. Any questions? No? Well, then I’ll be in my dressing room if anyone needs me.

We.. do get dressing rooms, right? *shifty eyes*

I just recently got into this whole HJ fan crowd, and hope to stay for a long time. If all goes accordingly, I will get to help out the HJ with 3d art.

Well let me welcome you then to the "HJ" crowd. I hope you find everything your looking for about hj here. If you don't find it well....it doesn't exist or matter ;)

WatchMaker said:
I just recently got into this whole HJ fan crowd, and hope to stay for a long time. If all goes accordingly, I will get to help out the HJ with 3d art.

Well welcome to the forums. Hero's Hall is like nicotine. Once you start, you can't stop.

Hello all,

I've been lurking on the forums since day one but have decided, as of 8/1/06, to take a more active role here.

I'm Mark. I'll be your wonderful and charming MegaModerator. I've known Frosty, the owner of this site, for a while now and am also good RL friends with an HJ GM, Goat.

My goal for this forum is to turn it into a place where compelling thoughts and logical ideas can be explored and used to develop interesting conversation. That sounds horribly fruity, I realize, but in looking at a lot of what we've got on the site here, it's a bunch of one line responses to an original post without giving reason or any hint of an idea as to how the responder got to where he's at.

An example: I say 'tiered pricing won't work' in a thread in the General froum. My thread is about 40 lines, and is composed of some interesting ideas. A response there is along the lines of: "I am against tiered pricing, but I'm gonna play HJ anyway."

Well why? Why are you against tiered pricing? Do you agree with what I've put out there, do you have your own views and opinions to express to further the subject? I want the people of this forum, who have some genuinely good ideas for the development of this game, to express themselves much further than how they're doing it now.

If this is too much to ask, then let me know, PLEASE :smiley:

So yeah, hi everyone. If anyone wants to know more about me, who I am, and what I'm all about, check me out at www.myspace.com/shadow019

well, i'm a 19 year old guy from germany. so there you have your reason why my english is so... um, crappy.
i finished school a few months ago and now i'm looking forward to do my 'public service' (every male adult in germany is forced into the military or must do public service for 9 months), so i can go to the university afterwards and study politics and philosophy.
i began my mmorpg career about 7 years ago when i started to look into ultima online. i played a lot more online-rpgs like ragnarok, eve online, ryzom, priston tale and many more, until i really got into everquest 2. i played it a while and then started to play wow with a friend, but since the game didn't satisfie me, i started playtesting dungeons and dragons online, which is a nice game, but doesn't match my flavour.
so here i am, waiting for the ultimate mmorpg. will hj be the one? only time will tell. tadadadamm. play star wars theme here

Welcome Rubowsky!

We keep strengthening the european contingent like this and we could end up with european-language threads before long! ;) (you are like the... 4th? european here?)

Shadow001 said:
My thread is about 40 lines, and is composed of some interesting ideas. A response there is along the lines of: "I am against tiered pricing, but I'm gonna play HJ anyway."

Well why? Why are you against tiered pricing? Do you agree with what I've put out there, do you have your own views and opinions to express to further the subject?

I realise that your ego is far bigger than your thread, but it's generally considered bad form to compliment yourself on the quality of your ideas.

Not everyone enjoys debating topics, yet that does not make their opinions any less valid, because opinions are a personal matter.

If you want to impose your manner of posting on other users, start up a private forum and invite like-minded friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back