Popular

hey!! :smiley:

time for a new chap :D

I hope Michael will go to UCLA with Syd
The whole gang should go there

:hide: :Paranoid:

VERY VERY SOON!? Really!?!? :woot: Yeeees!!!!

:laughbounce: Katy, i'm starting to worry about you :lol: :P

Chapter 45

Sydney had persuaded her father to move in a couple of days later. He had planned to wait a couple of weeks while he sorted out what to do with his house, but Sydney had managed to convince him that it would be a good idea to move in sooner. Irina wasn’t going to complain, she was just happy to be living with her family again.

“Ok, I think this is the last one.” Sydney told them as she walked into the hallway, shutting the door behind her with her foot. She placed the cardboard box that she had carried in from the car, onto the floor beside a stack of similar boxes.

Irina looked around her home. The usually neat house was now filled with boxes and other objects from Jack’s home. “Jack, did you have this much stuff back when we were married?”

Sydney walked into the kitchen, knowing that her mother would flip when she found out the truth.

Jack cleared his throat and stuck his hands in his pockets. “Well…um…this is only the essentials. I left everything else in the house until I get round to packing it.”

Irina spun around on her heel and looked at him in surprise. “The essentials?” She looked around her. “Jack, these are not the essentials. The essentials are a toothbrush, clean underwear, a change of clothes…fuzzy slippers.” She pointed at the pile of boxes that she was standing next to. “This is a load of stuff that we have absolutely no room for.”

Jack laughed lightly and immediately regretted it after receiving a glare from her. He stepped towards her and brought her into his arms. “Look, don’t worry about it. We’ll find places for it all.” He soothed her as she took a look around his new home.

Sydney waited until her mother was calm before going in to deliver more news to her.

“Mom, Amelie has invited us all over for dinner tomorrow night.”

Irina moved out of Jack’s arms and smiled. “Amelie…Michael’s mom?” Sydney nodded. “That’s great.” Jack stared back at her with his usual blunt expression.

“Yeah, I told her that you guys wanted to meet them, so she arranged dinner.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The next day at school, Sydney spent most of the day worrying about their dinner plans for that night. She knew that Amelie and William already loved her but she was concerned about the impression that her parents might give them. It had taken her father long enough to be civil to Vaughn, she just hoped that it didn’t take him that long to be nice to Vaughn’s father.

“What time are your parents coming over tonight?” Vaughn asked her as they sat on the grass outside school. Seeing as it was a sunny day, Paige had suggested that they should eat their lunch outside. Sydney was sat infront of Vaughn, leaning back against him, while all of their friends sat around them, talking amongst themselves.

“7:30. You think it’ll go ok?” She turned her head to look at him.

“Yeah I hope so.” A mischievous smile came over his face. “And if something does go wrong, me and you can always sneak up to my room and make out, while our parents try and kill each other.

Sydney turned in his arms and laughed, a similar smile now on her face. “I like the sound of that plan. We should definitely so it, even if everything goes well.” She closed the distance between them with a kiss.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Sydney stepped out of her mom’s car, with Irina and Jack in tow. She was pleased to see that there were making an effort so far; Irina had made Jack wear a fancy pair of trousers and a shirt, and Irina herself was wearing a skirt and matching top.

“Dad, can you do me a favour and be nice to Vaughn infront of his parents? And be nice to his parents too; they’re really good people.”

Jack looked cautiously over at Irina. “Don’t worry sweetie. Your father has been warned to be on his best behaviour with all of the family. He knows what will happen if he steps out of line.” Irina glared at him, giving him one final warning before ringing the doorbell.

Amelie answered the door a couple of seconds later. She had her usual friendly smile on her face as she looked at the people standing infront of her.

“Sydney!” She embraced Sydney, who hugged her back. “I’m glad that you came.”

Sydney returned her smile and gestured towards her parents. “Amelie, this is my dad, Jack Bristow, and my mom, Irina Derevko.” Amelie shook hands with them both.

“Please, come on in.” She stepped aside, allowing them to walk into the house.

Vaughn and his father were talking in the living room and they both looked up as their guests entered. Amelie introduced Irina and Jack to her husband, while Sydney and Vaughn greeted each other.

Amelie got the group some drinks and then they all took a seat while they waited for dinner to be ready. Sydney sat beside Vaughn on the couch, their interlocked hands resting lightly on her lap.

“So Jack, what is it that you do?” William started the conversation, his voice laced with a strong French accent.

“I’m a history teacher.”

“Oh that’s right. Michael’s mentioned that he’s in your class.” Amelie added. “You work at the school too, don’t you Irina?”

Irina nodded. “Yes I do. English Literature.”

“That sounds interesting.”

“Yeah it is. I enjoy it.”

The four adults smiled politely at each other as the room fell silent. Sydney glanced at Vaughn and decided that it was time she intervened.

“Mom, I told you that the Vaughns moved from France, right?” She looked over at her mother, silently encouraging her to start another conversation.

“Yeah you did. I’m glad that I’m not the only non-American in the room.” She joked, lightening the mood ever so slightly.

“Where are you from?” William asked curiously.

“Russia. Moscow actually.”

“Wow Russia. William and I always said that we would go there one day.” Amelie smiled lovingly at her husband.

“You really should. It’s a beautiful place.”

Sydney and Vaughn sighed, relaxing as their parents started talking. Irina was telling Amelie all about Russia while Jack and William talked about the stock market. Sydney was slightly surprised, as she had no idea that her father was interested in stocks. She wasn’t about to complain though, as it appeared that their fathers had a lot in common.

Twenty minutes later they were sat around the dining room table. Amelie had made pasta and the smell filled the whole room, causing Irina to comment on how lovely dinner smelt. Sydney and Vaughn stole kisses through out dinner when they thought that no one was watching.

The conversation continued to flow right through to desert. It was mainly the adults that did the talking, as they discovered more things that they had in common. After they had finished eating, Sydney helped Amelie clear the table before sitting back down beside Vaughn.

“I think we should put that plan into action…” She whispered in his ear, smiling sweetly at him.

He nodded and quickly made some excuse and the two of them walked up stairs. Their parents hardly noticed, they were too engrossed in the conversation.

Sydney threw her arms around his neck, planting kisses down his neck as she gently pushed him in the direction of his room. They managed to walk into the room and fall back onto the bed without breaking the kiss.

Sydney slid her hands up the back of his top, drawing patterns on his back with her fingertips. Vaughn moved the kisses away from her lips and down to her neck. Sydney took this opportunity to ask him something that had been on her mind.

“Michael…can I ask you something.” He nodded, but continued the trail of kisses. She lifted his head so that he was now looking at her. “Have you…um…ever…you know.” She looked at him, hoping that he would get what she meant, which he seemed to do.

He sat up on the bed, and glanced at her. He had been waiting for this conversation to happen. “Er…yeah I have.”

Sydney now sat up and ran her hands through her hair, smoothing it down. “Oh, ok.” She gave him a small smile, although a mixture of thoughts were now running through her mind. “We should probably go back downstairs.” She told him, standing up and walking out of the room, leaving a slightly stunned Michael Vaughn behind.

Sydney spent the rest of the evening making sure that she was engaged in conversation so that she didn’t have to talk to Vaughn. It wasn’t that she was angry with him, she just needed to sort through her thoughts. She was relieved when Irina finally announced that they should be leaving.

Giving Vaughn a quick kiss on the cheek, she followed her parents out of the house before he could say anything to her. Vaughn stood in the doorway, watching the car drive away, wondering what he had done wrong.

~

:whistle: ^_^

Awwwwww, Vaughn didn't do anything wrong. Poor Syd, it sucks that she feels bad though. Vaughn's hot. :lol: Can't blame the guy for doing it before. :P They need to have a really, really long serious talk. I'm so happy you updated! We didn't have to wait that long. ^_^ I hope Syd and Vaughn can work it out and they can just take their relationship to the next level... if you know what I mean. :rolleyes: Keep up the good work and great job!

I think Syd is scared
I don't think she has had sex before and since Michael has, she will feel inferior or inexperienced or something like that
I love that the parents got along
That made me so happy
I hope they can have more dinners like that
Thanks for the PM
Update again soon please

oh no. i hate it wen they dont get along. well, its not really that they're not getting along, its more like they're not communicating very well. but its still sad. i hope the ycan sort everything out. or that Syd can, at least.
i'm glad dinner went well. i was a tad bit nervous about them all meeting. it could have gone horribly, horribly wrong. but it didnt. so that's good.
great update. thanks 4 the pm.
~kaitlyn

that was great!

i hope sydney isnt mad at vaughn tho! is the topic of who he was with coming up??

thanks for the pm by the way!!
cant wait for more!!

-Lindsay

:laughbounce: Katy, i'm starting to worry about you  :lol:  :P
You're just starting to worry. :lol: I think you shoulda started worry the second you met me. :P

“7:30. You think it’ll go ok?” She turned her head to look at him.

“Yeah I hope so.” A mischievous smile came over his face. “And if something does go wrong, me and you can always sneak up to my room and make out, while our parents try and kill each other.

Sydney turned in his arms and laughed, a similar smile now on her face. “I like the sound of that plan. We should definitely so it, even if everything goes well.” She closed the distance between them with a kiss.
Ohhhh! I like that plan! :love:

“Michael…can I ask you something.” He nodded, but continued the trail of kisses. She lifted his head so that he was now looking at her. “Have you…um…ever…you know.” She looked at him, hoping that he would get what she meant, which he seemed to do.

He sat up on the bed, and glanced at her. He had been waiting for this conversation to happen. “Er…yeah I have.”

Sydney now sat up and ran her hands through her hair, smoothing it down. “Oh, ok.” She gave him a small smile, although a mixture of thoughts were now running through her mind. “We should probably go back downstairs.” She told him, standing up and walking out of the room, leaving a slightly stunned Michael Vaughn behind.
Oh s***! This is bad. Uh Oh! And what is wrong with Syd? So what if she hasn't. Vaughnie still loves her. Girls.. Geez!!! Hahahha! :lol:

Poor Vaughnnie! He's clueless. :smiley:

Great Chapter!
I Loved it
Cant wait for more

:thumbspup:

That was so good. I am sure that Syd is just sad that she won't be Vaughn's first even though Vaughn will be her first. I'm guessing. :smiley:

Great update.. Loved it. Hope Syd doesn't give Vaughn the silent treatment for too long. He really doesn't deserve it.

Thanks for the PM

ARGH!
*glares at Lianne*
Im thinking this isnt good...now Syds gonna be all freaked out...*sighs*
Fix this....please....
I loved the chapter though!
Its awesome how the parents get along
Thanks for the PM
PLEASE update soon!
Ash*

Back