Vaughns Little Angel

Poor Sydney, has had to miss so much of Lyndsey's life.
Three years. Woah.
She at least got to see her on her birthday.
You can tell Vaughn has been telling Lyndsey about Sydney since she recognized her right away.
I'm glad Vaughn knows that she got to see Lyndsey.

I hope she gets to come home soon.
Will Nadia help to bring her home?
Or will it be Jack to gets her home?

That was such a great chapter! That party was wild, and Jack is a old softie when it comes to his grandaughter. Syd came to see Lyndsey! And Michael saw her!
Thanks for the PM

wow i just read the last couple chapters.
they were fantastic!
i so wish syd could go home for good
i loved the party scene
thanks for the pms
cant wait for more

I felt bad for Vaughn for having to go through the whole story without Sydney there for him - but I feel even worse for Syd and their little girl; those two shouldn't have had to be apart from each other. :cry:

PM me for the last chapter - and let's hope Syd comes back home for the happy ending. :syd4: 👶 :vaughn1:

Okay, so... the last chapter :cry:
Yes, theres still an epilogue, but still

Chapter Thirty-Five-

“Daddy, I don’t think I can do this.” Sydney stared her father in the eye, for the first time in five years. “I just can’t walk through the door and act like nothing changed.”
“I don’t expect you to.” Jack told her plainly. “But this is why you stayed away so long. Now that Sark is no longer a threat you can have your life back, isn’t that what you wanted?”
“Of course it is!” she screamed. “But, Vaughn…”
“What about him?” Jack crossed his arms, searching his daughters face. “No one expects him to welcome you with loving arms, Sydney. A lot of things change over half a decade. He won’t push you completely out of his life though. If not for your sake then for the sake of your daughter.”
“I don’t want him to hate me for leaving him.” She said honestly, breathing in deeply.
“He doesn’t.” Jack told her promptly.
“What if he’s moved on?” she asked the lump in her throat not once moving from its position.
“He hasn’t.”
“I doubt it.” Sydney let out a bitter laugh.
“Sydney, that man has gone on one date in five years.” Jack said dramatically. “He doesn’t want to get Lyndsey attached to too many people.”
“So, what you’re saying is that if I hadn’t given her to him he would have had two wives and three mistresses by now?” Sydney asked her father skeptically, crossing her arms.
“No, I did not say that.” He replied quickly.
“But you were thinking it.” She countered, raising an eyebrow.
“I was not.” His answer was short.
“Liar.” Sydney smirked.
“God, you’re just as bad as she is!” Jack threw his arms up in exasperation.
“Who?” She demanded.
“Lyndsey!” They both shut up immediately. “So, now I guess I know where she gets it from.” Jack added quietly.
Sydney’s lips broke out into a smile. “Does she remind you of me? From when I was little, I mean.”
“She looks like you, spitting image. And she’s stubborn.” Jack smiled. “Very persuasive too, I swear she’s got everyone wrapped around her little finger.” Sydney grinned.
“Do you think… she’ll like me?” She asked her father shyly.
“She’s going to love you.”
~*~
“Daddy! We’re going to be late!” Lyndsey screamed from the entry way, staring up the abandoned stairs waiting for her father.
“No we aren’t Angel, I’ll only be a few more seconds.” He promised, appearing and then disappearing back into the bathroom.
“Hurry up!” she called, crossing her arms in a pout.
“Did you brush your teeth? Get your lunch? Take your vitamin? Pack your show and tell item?” he yelled down, trying to keep her occupied.
“Yes, yes, yes…” Michael listened as she stomped up the stairs and into her room. “…yes.” She added, and rushed back down to the foyer. “Now, come on!”
“Alright already, hold your horses.” He laughed, walking slowly down the stairs on purpose.
“Daddy!” she whined, reaching for the front door.
“Not so fast.” He pulled her back and dragged her into the kitchen. “I need my coffee.”
“If I miss show and tell…” her voice trailed off and a scowl appeared on her face.
“You wont.” He assured her. “Now why don’t you get in the car.”
“Okay, but you can not take all day!” she said bouncing out of the kitchen and swinging the front door open. “f***, now I’m never getting to school!” She exclaimed, taking a few steps back.
“What did you just say, young lady?” Michael asked strictly. “If uncle Eric taught you that word…”
“Daddy… there’s someone here.” Lyndsey cut him off, and walked into her fathers arms, never taking her eyes from the front door.
“Hello?” a voice he hadn’t heard in so long called out, and then a face that he had memorized peaked her head around the corner of the door. “Hello?” Sydney repeated, walking herself completely into the foyer.
“Syd?” Michael’s voice came out in a hoarse whisper as he stared straight into her eyes.
“Vaughn.” Sydney sighed heavily, rocking slightly on her feet. “I’m…I, how are you?”
“Um…” his mind was spinning so fast he could hardly stand. Reaching for the wall for support he looked down at Lyndsey who was scowling up at him. “Good.” Was the only answer his brain would allow to flow from his lips.
“That’s… good.” Sydney tried her hardest to smile, as she looked down at the child clutching to him. All she wanted to do was reach down and wrap the little girl in her arms, but she knew that wasn’t possible.
“Daddy!” Lyndsey shrieked. “School!”
Michael shook his head, pushing her back slightly. “Yea, school.” He nodded, walking to the phone. “This is Agent Vaughn… I’m not going to make it in today.” He told the operator. “Yes, there’s a family emergency.” He hung up and looked at Sydney, who was clearly confused. “I… have to take her to school.”
“Yes, you do!” she said angrily.
“I’ll come right back. Just… don’t go, anywhere.” He said plainly, and rushed out the door.
~*~
After a half an hour of exploring every inch of the house Sydney finally settled herself down in the living room with a magazine she found under the coffee table. She wasn’t there long before Michael came through the front door, calling out her name.
“What, calm down. I’m right here.” She called, walking to greet him.
“Oh, thank God.” Michael took her off guard when he wrapped his arms tightly around her, burring his face into her neck.
“Vaughn?” she asked cautiously, pulling away slightly.
”I thought I was never going to see you again Sydney.” he breathed out heavily.
“I’m sorry.” She whispered. “I never wanted…”
“I saw you that night.” He blurted out.
“I know.” She swallowed hard, clasping her eyes shut.
“You just… left. If Lyndsey hadn’t been so dead set that ‘mommy’ had really been there I don’t think I would have ever looked out the window.” He said honestly, pulling her back into his arms, desperate for contact.
“I was hoping you wouldn’t.” she said quietly. “I didn’t want to hurt you… I just, I had to see my little girl.” Sydney blinked back tears, driving her face into his chest.
“I’m glad I did.” Michael said plainly. “It gave me hope.”
“Hope for what?” Sydney asked pulling back, searching his eyes.
“Hope that you’d come home, for good.” He watched her for a minute, trying to see if she still felt the way they did five years before. She couldn’t have, she must have gotten over him. He was about to completely let her go, when Sydney snaked her arms around his neck, and gently brought her lips to his.
“We can’t do this.” Michael said reluctantly, as he pulled away.
“What?” Sydney was confused.
“Jump right back into a relationship… we can’t do that. We have Lyndsey to think about.” He explained as they stood staring at one another.
“Yea, I know.” She admitted quietly.
“I mean, it’s not like she can walk through the door and we tell her that you’re her mother, the one who was never around.” Michael went on.
“I did it for her.” Sydney replied defensively.
“She’s five Syd, you think she’d understand that?” he questioned her, trying not to seem harsh.
“She didn’t even remember me.” She said, her voice barely audible. “Maybe it would be best… if we didn’t tell her.”
“Syd, she’s already spent those years with out you. I think it’d be nice if she at least knew who you were.” Vaughn admitted.
“And what? Ask her to make the decision? She’s five years old, Michael.” Sydney said sharply. “I’m not going to put your daughter in that position.”
“Our daughter.” He corrected her.
“I don’t want her to know. I don’t want to just blurt it out. You and I can be friends, but until she gets used to me… never mention, ever.” Sydney told him plainly.
“There are pictures of you all through the house Syd; she’s going to see one.” He crossed his arms. “She was just in too much of a hurry this morning to notice.”
“Take them all down.” Sydney replied.
“Syd…”
“Michael!” she shrieked, tears welling in her eyes, but it was for the best.
“If you’re sure…” he took a deep breath.
“I’m positive.” She nodded her head, wiping away the tears with the back of her hand.
~*~
By the time Lyndsey came home from school every trace of Sydney had been wiped from the house. Every picture had been put into a box at the top of Michael’s closet; anything that he had kept to hold onto her with was also thrown into the box and pushed into the corner.
“Daddy!” Lyndsey called as she came rushing through the front door. “I’m home!”
“Great!” he smiled, walking into the foyer and picking her up and showered the top of her head with kisses. “Lou, there’s someone you should meet.” He set her down on the ground, guiding her into the living room. “This is… my friend.”
“Hi Lyndsey.” Sydney smiled at the little girl.
“Hello.” She narrowed her eyes, and immediately both parents became concerned.
“What’s the matter?” Vaughn asked, kneeling down to her level.
“Have I seen you before?” Lyndsey asked crossing her arms.
“Nope, except for this morning.” Sydney grinned. “You’re very pretty.” She commented.
Lyndsey blushed, digging her head into her father’s leg. “So are you.” She giggled.
Sydney laughed. God how Michael had missed that laugh. They both had it, both his girls, but coming out of her mouth brought back all the things he missed. So he watched them, as they laughed and giggled, and he couldn’t believe this is what his life was coming to. Maybe some day, all of this would seem normal.
~*~
“So, who taught her to swear?” Sydney asked plainly as she did the dishes.
“What?” Michael asked, bringing her the last plate.
“This morning, she swore when I was at the door.” Sydney told him.
“I don’t know, I try not to.” He shrugged.
“Good.” Sydney smiled.
“Daddy!” Lyndsey screamed from the bathroom. “I don’t want to be in the tub anymore!”
“Do you want me to get her?” Sydney volunteered.
“Nah, I got it.” He smiled slightly, before walking out of the room.
Sydney smiled at how much he seemed to adore the little girl; she had made the right decision after all. It wasn’t long before she could hear the two of them arguing though.
“But Daddy…”
“I said ‘no’ Lyndsey, and that’s final.” Michael replied strictly.
“Why can’t you marry her?” Sydney couldn’t help but laugh.
“Because, you aren’t supposed to marry someone unless you’re in love with them.” He said plainly.
“So be in love with her.” Lyndsey pouted.
“It’s not that simple…” His voice trailed off and Sydney was unable to make out the rest of the conversation. A few minutes later little feet were scampering down the hall into the kitchen with heavier ones right behind.
“Can you tuck me in?” Lyndsey asked Sydney with a smile. “Can she tuck me in Daddy?”
“I don’t care, but don’t pull a guilt trip on her. One story, that’s it, alright?” Michael pointed his finger at her little nose.
“Okay Daddy.” Turning to Sydney she added, “Please?”
“Of course.” Lyndsey squealed, grabbing Sydney’s hand and practically dragged her upstairs.
After one story, just as Michael had made her agree too, Lyndsey tried to get Sydney to read one more. With a laugh, she made her way to the door and reached for the light. “Good night Lyndsey, sleep tight.”
Just as she began to close the door Lyndsey’s eyes wandered around the dimly lit room and landed on a picture that sat atop her dresser.
“Mommy?” she whispered, just as the last piece of light disappeared. She thought Sydney hadn’t heard her.
“What’d you just say?” the door flew open, and almost instantly she was at the child’s side.
“You’re… you, the picture.” Lyndsey’s little hand pointed across the room, and sure enough there she was. “Daddy always said she was Mommy…”
Sydney nodded her head.
“You are Mommy… aren’t you?” the little girl asked, tears beginning to glaze her eyes.
Sydney nodded her head, again.
“Are you going to leave again.” Her innocent voice let the words out in a tiny sob.
“No.” Sydney brushed a piece of the curly brown hair from her daughters face, and kissed her forehead.
“Then you’re going to stay, with Daddy and me.” Lyndsey nodded her head vigorously. “Right?”
“I… it’s up to your father.” Sydney said quietly, never noticing the shadow in the doorway.
“Of course she’s staying Sweetheart, as long as she wants.” Michael looked down at Sydney as a few tears ran down her cheek.
“I’m not going anywhere.” She promised her daughter, “I’m staying right here.”
Lyndsey’s face broke out into a full fledged smile as she threw her arms around her mother’s neck. “Good.”
“Now, get some sleep.” Sydney kissed the top of her head one more time, before joining Michael in the hallway.
“You’re staying?” he questioned.
“Well, there are clearly… issues we need to work with.” She told him plainly.
“And the only way to solve them is you marching back into our lives?” Michael crossed his arms.
“You don’t want me here? You were the one that just told her…”
“Of course I want you here; we just… can’t rush things. We have more than ourselves to think about.” He interrupted her.
“I am thinking about our daughter, Michael! If I remember correctly, she’s the one that wants us to get married.” Sydney narrowed her eyes. “I’m not saying you and I have to be some picture perfect couple, if you want we wont even sleep in the same bed… but tonight I’m staying here, because if she wakes up and I’m gone you’re going to have a morning from hell. I’ll get an apartment, but now that she knows nothing is going to change that. I do want to be a part of her life, and I will be. Whether we’re all under the same roof or not!” Sydney said sharply.
“It’s not that I don’t want, you here. It’s just…”
“What? You’ve gotten over me?” she crossed her arms defensively across her chest.
“No…”
“Then what?” she screamed, and was completely caught off guard when he grabbed her arms, pulling her close, and kissing her senseless.
“It’s the fact that every time I look at you, that’s all I think about!” he shouted. “And, that… is moving way too fast.”
“Michael… Vaughn.” Sydney began, and then took a deep breath. “I, a lot of things can change in five years… but just know that what I still feel for you, what I once felt, it’s still there. I don’t care how long it takes to get to where we were, because I look ahead, and the only thing I see is you and Lyndsey. I can’t stand thinking about not giving us another shot. I just want to be with you. It’s where I belong.”
“I want to be us again, Syd… it, I just don’t know how long it will take for us to get there.” He admitted quietly.
“I don’t care how long it takes.” She told him silently, running her hand over his cheek.
“Swear you won’t leave.” Michael begged, looking into her eyes.
“I want this… all of it, I think it’s a package deal.” She smiled up at him. “… I’m not going anywhere.”
For the first time in five years, he felt truly happy. Michael Vaughn had been happy, as happy as he could get, but this did it. He was having his cake and eating it too. She was back in his arms, for good. Their daughter was sleeping down the hall as they silently walked to the bedroom. Here he was, blessed with reward of a happy ending.
This was there shot. It was now or never. He’d learnt that in this life, you take what you get. This was all he got, but it was all he could ever dream of.

Hope you guys liked it!

The Updated PM list is as follows-

Rainclouds
krzykty57789
mrs.marshal030791
bristowbabe47
sexcivaughn14
alias:kate_jones
AlexBristow03
Sydney Bristow 2300844
crazyaliasfan47
~VartansGirl~
ashqua
vampirgirl
stealthy
AliasChica316
Dani 22 01 1979
skywalker_47
aliasdancer007
Alias Fan Gillian
jughelynj
iluvalias0203
texasalias2004
aliaschick06
secret_agent_angel
carment
cute_as_candy
SkyGirl5
SweetiePie
Nancy O
NebraskaLuvsVaughn
vartan-lova
bellasbaby
frangipani
Spy_Love
mbellsdiva
santosaidan
aliaschick06
alias_obsessedfan
littlemissliketofight
retropanda
weiss's girl
catfishally
vaughnshoney
agentmoose
msu_ruby
sydneyluvsvaughn4eva
Truth Takes Time 2.18
i'm an aliasaholic
broe4ever929
ASIOagent
irishprincess
Sydney A Vaughn
luckylass
maddy28
ubielecki
Syd89
twinkley_angel
burgandypegasus
Syd+Vaugn
blknight
sydneymicheal
SYD96
KAC

-Ash

I'm so glad we still have an epilogue to look forward to.

Will we find out how Sark is no long a danger to her?

I love how Jack could see that Lyndsey is just like Sydney and he told her.
Jack knows that Vaughn didn't move on. Sydney just has insecurities.

I love how Lyndsey still recognized her from the picture that was in her room.
I loved the conversation between Vaughn and Lyndsey about him getting married to Sydney.

I don't think Sydney needs to get an apartment. Lyndsey will want her to stay with them.

Boy am I glad she gets to stay home with Vaughn and her daughter. Very glad that Lindsey accepted her back into her life. We have a epilogue to read too. Yay!!
Thanks for the PM

Back