3rd season

V

verdantheart

Here's some news from zap2it.com:

FOX Execs Tight-Lipped on '24' Cliffhanger
Wed, May 21, 2003 07:02 PM PDT

by Rick Porter
Zap2it, TV News

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - The assassination attempt on President David Palmer (Dennis Haysbert) on Tuesday's season finale of "24" served more than one purpose.

That's all that FOX executives are saying at this point. Something about not ruining next season is behind their refusal to reveal more.

"I can confirm for you that an attempt at assassination has been made on the president, and we don't know what will happen," FOX Entertainment President Gail Berman told reporters Wednesday (May 21) about the cliffhanger ending.

FOX Chairman Sandy Grushow offers this helpful hint: "The only thing we can tell you is that Palmer will not win 'American Idol.'"

After one of the men behind this season's nuclear-bomb plot was taken out in the finale, a mysterious, European-accented guy on a boat phoned in Plan B. As the show closed, beautiful assassin Mandy (Mia Kirshner) -- unseen since the third episode of Season 1 -- shook Palmer's hand and apparently passed some nasty biological agent on to him via a plastic covering on her hand.

Berman does allow that the attempted assassination probably won't be "the driving force" behind next season, but it does fit in somewhere. Mandy's reappearance was also a nod to loyal viewers of "24."

"To bring her back as the person involved in the assassination attempt last night was a huge, big deal for fans of the show. It was a tip of the hat to loyal viewers," Berman says. "It also has to do with the story, but I'm not going to go there."

The real-world question of whether Haysbert will return to the show is up in the air. At the moment, Kiefer Sutherland is the only regular locked into a deal for next season.
;)

I really hope Palmer comes back. He has to be my favorite character on the show! What a cliffhanger though! I can't wait until all the shows start up!

It would be great if Pres. Palmer came back--and we have to find out what happens to Sherry, don't we? And what about Tony and Michelle? Can we get rid of that Kerri (Carrie/Kerry?) person--like a horrible painful death perhaps? I do like the idea of making Kim more Jack-like if they insist on keeping her around, though. I like the actress, but seriously her storyline was more an encumberance than an interest this season.
;)

Yes--let's please get rid of Kerri. She is awful! I think Tony&Michelle make a cute couple though. I was excited to see them get together. I can't wait to see what happens!

AliasHombre said:
I don't watch this show, but since its the second season shouldn't it be called "48"?
Nah, because it's another 24-hour day.
:P

Here's some more about next season from TV Guide Online:

TICK TOCK...: Time's up for two stars of 24. Penny Johnson Jerald and Sarah Wynter — whose respective roles as Sherry Palmer and Kate Warner were pivotal last season — will not be returning as series regulars for Day Three this fall, TV Guide Online has learned. A Fox spokesman refused to confirm the moves, but did caution that "it would be a mistake to infer from an actor's contract status what their participation in the show next year will be. For example, Xander Berkeley (George Mason) was hired as a series regular last year but his character was killed off in Episode 15." Yeah, that sucked for him.

;)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..............wait is Kate the evil one or the good sister???? If she is the good one then noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

aw man, I liked Kate too.

But jeez, I hope that Palmer actually survives, just at least so we can see what happens. And hopefully Kim actually does something this season if she returns. She was kind of a hinderence all this season.

Well, we haven't heard confirmations about anybody returning yet except Kiefer Sutherland . . . I'm hoping Dennis Haysbert will be back, though!
;)

I think there's a good chance she'll be back. She's already talked a little about what she wants to see for her character in the next season, so unless the producers decide they can't use her for the story, I think she'll be around.
;)

I definitely want Dennis Haysbert to come back! I'm just hoping that Sarah Wynter will be back too. Her character rocked. I also loved her sister, because that was SOOOO unexpected when she turned. It was awesome.

Well, it looks like if we see Sarah Wynter, it'll be as a guest, not a regular.
;)

More news from zap2it:

'24' Premiere -- Set Three Years in Future -- Goes Commercial-Free
(Thursday, July 17 11:56 AM)

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - As it did last season, FOX will air the season premiere of its thriller "24" commercial-free.

The series, returning for its third season, is scheduled to debut at 9 p.m. ET Tuesday, Oct. 28, the network announced Thursday (July 17) at the TV Critics Association press tour. Ford is sponsoring the debut -- as was the case last fall -- and will air an extended ad piece at the beginning and end of the episode.

The network is planning a big promotional push for the Emmy-nominated series. A four-minute trailer for the coming season will air during FOX's showing of the movie "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" on Sunday, Sept. 7. A version of the teaser will also air in movie theaters in October.

Gail Berman, president of FOX Entertainment, also dropped a few hints about what viewers can expect in Season 3 of "24." She wouldn't reveal the crisis that drives the plot, but she did offer some details about the status of people affected in the cliffhanger finale of Season 2.

As previously reported, the show will jump three years into the future. Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland), who's back working at the government's Counter-Terrorism Unit, will have a partner. Bauer's daughter Kim (Elisha Cuthbert) is also working at CTU.

Dennis Haysbert will be back, which would appear to mean that President Palmer survived the biological attack that felled him in last season's finale. The timeline of the show would put Palmer in the middle of a re-election campaign, something Berman says is probably a safe bet.
~~~

With Kim actually working at CTU, maybe she'll actually have something interesting to do this season!

;)

DB Woodside (Principal Wood in season 7) and Agnes Bruckner have reportedly joined the cast for season 3.
;)