A single event can change everything

Title: A Single Event Can Change Everything
Author: Stephy
Summary: Syd, Sark, Vaughn and the rest of the gang are in high school; but some are in the social elite and others are not so what will happen when their paths cross in an event that will turn everything on its head.
Disclaimer: I own nothing, as much as I would like to, everything belongs to J.J.Abrams and his ppl etc…

A Single Event Can Change Everything

Chptr 1

Sydney Bristow was the typical high school princess: she was head cheerleader, beautiful, smart, funny, rich and had amazing clothes and a body envied by all her peers. She was the embodiment of the American girl’s dream to everyone she had encountered in her high school, but then their was a select few whom she had never come into contact with, however that would soon change.

She didn’t exactly hate the attention, but sometimes Sydney just wished they wouldn’t idolize her the way they did; making out her life was flawless, because it wasn’t. In fact it was far from being unblemished; sure that was the image she gave off, but it wasn’t the reality of what her life was. Her body looked amazing because she made it that way – she went out for a run whenever something was annoying or troubling her and, well her cheerleading kept her in good shape too. As for being smart and beautiful, she knew what she was capable of and never pretended otherwise; after all what was the point – she knew she could easily achieve straight A’s and look good without much make-up on, but despite this she never flaunted what she had; she simply did not hide it either. She wasn’t exactly unique by any standards and therefore seldom understood why people worshipped the ground she walked on. Her family life was far from picture perfect either – her father was hardly ever home and her mother had died in a car crash when she was 6 years old, which was nearly 11 ½ years ago now. And another thing, yes, she was rich – her father had a high paid job with an airline company – but so were many others at her school; true also that she could afford to shop at designer labels whenever she felt, but she wasn’t exactly a millionaire; unlike that new guy I’ve heard so much about since he arrived at the start of term, but funny, she thought, I’ve never even met the guy – maybe he’s just made up, like so many of the others she’d heard about over the years.

Julian Lazarey had lived in Los Angeles for a while now, ok so he’d only arrived at the start of the new school term, but that was a good few weeks ago now. He’d been born to a Russian diplomat father and had been shipped off to boarding school in England at the first chance his father got. Before that his mother had taken him round the world and their most recent escape had been to Galway, Ireland where they had stayed for a long time before his father caught up with them. He always did find them; it was his way of showing them that they would never be rid of him - but one day his mother finally was. It was the one thing he was thankful for; the fact that his mother would no longer have to be his father’s punching bag whenever he felt like it – she was finally free! Despite this it also made it easier for his father to take his anger, or simply boredom, out on Julian and harder for him to protect his younger sister from him – but he had managed fine thus far and wasn’t about to stop now.

They were two completely different people, like the opposite sides of a coin, with completely different lifestyles; but a single event can change everything forever and soon it would, making them realize that they aren’t so different after all.

PS Plz rd this an tell me wot u tink – u hav no idea how much it means 2 me if ya do
Thanx
xxx

Chptr 2

Disclaimer: I own nothing, as much as I would like to, everything belongs to J.J.Abrams and his ppl etc…

“It’s just like every other crappy school you’ve sent me to!” Julian Lazarey told his father when he inquired as to what his new school was like. That was over 3 weeks ago and still his outlook on his new school had not improved. It was not the school as such that Julian did not like, it was the fact that his father checked up on him and made sure the teachers new everything about him; it was like he did it on purpose just to make his school-life hell!

“I’ve been meaning to ask you father, will you be home at all this term or shall it be just me and the little one yet again? Not that I’m complaining, I mean I know how busy your schedule is, and that it must be extremely difficult for you to get any time to spend with us at all!” the boy asked his father in quite a sarcastic and condescending tone. His father merely glared at him saying, “Julian, why do you insist on asking questions you already know the answer to? You know that I will be returning to Moscow within the next few days and that you are to look after your sister until I return” “Well, I wasn’t gonna leave her with you!” Julian muttered quietly to himself. “What was that, Julian?” his father asked. “I just said, I have no idea what you mean, father, I was merely wondering whether I would get to spend any quality time with you at all this semester!” Julian replied, his tone now changed to that of an innocent boy.

“Do not mock me, boy! I have already informed you of the arrangements and that you are to be present for my scheduled visits, so do not forget it!” after catching a slight glimpse of a smirk, his father then added, “Do not get cheeky with me, son! – I have no time for you or your silly games!” To that Julian replied, now a small hint of resentment apparent in his voice, “That’s ryt, dad, I almost forgot; you never do have time for anyone but yourself do you? And you no what, I’m glad you never spend anytime with your daughter cos you would just ruin her childhood like you did mine! And another thing don’t ever think of calling me ‘son’ again; you don’t deserve to call me that – you’re no better at being a father than you were a husband!” Julian exclaimed, fury now clouding over his normally tranquil, blue eyes.

He mostly expected what came next, but if he was being honest with himself he thought they had put the abuse behind them – obviously not. On hearing his remark, his father ‘flew off the handle’ and lunged forward, punching Julian and causing him to fall to the ground. There he proceeded to repeatedly kick him in the stomach. Julian grimaced as heard bones crack, but he had made a silent promise to himself that his father would never make him a victim again after he watched his mother be freed from his father’s violent ways, and so he stood up off the ground and walked calmly over to the door; refusing to wince or stumble despite the overwhelming pain he now encountered with every step. His father put his arm out to stop him, but Julian grabbed it swiftly and twisted it around, making his father squirm in pain. “Do not make the mistake of ever touching me like that again, Adrian” Then he let go of his father’s arm and opened the door, still speaking and acting in a calm and composed manner, “I was lenient on you this time, but rest assured I will not be next time!” With that, he walked out the door, took the little girl’s hand who was playing happily in the driveway and walked down the street.

“What happened to you, Jules?” the little girl inquired with a sad face on. “Nothing, petal now we’re gonna stay at a hotel tonight, k?” he replied, smiling so as to try and reassure her that he was ok. “ye, ok, but why?” “We jus do, sweetie, no more questions now, ok?” “Ok, Jules!” the little girl replied, returning his smile. She never did question him again about what had happened or why they weren’t staying at home that night – she may only be four, but she already knew when people didn’t want to talk and when it was best for her not to annoy them by asking them about the reason; she had learned it mainly from her big brother and adapted it well, so she could tell when he was upset or annoyed about something. It was probably the reason he taught her how to read people so well – so she would no when to leave him be; he always was really clever! she thought smiling.

plz reply even if its jus ta say its rubbish plz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thanx neway evn if ya dont :blink:
xxx

the nxt chptrs bout syds pov dont worry jus goin 4 the diff lifestyes agnle
ill prob post again nxt fri or sat - but def nxt wkend
thanx again
xxx

TRU_GLASGOW_GAL said:
the nxt chptrs bout syds pov dont worry jus goin 4 the diff lifestyes agnle
ill prob post again nxt fri or sat - but def nxt wkend
thanx again
xxx
[post="1152193"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
dude learn to spell lol
and good fic btw... how funny is to see sark being..nice... with his sister :woot:

Chptr 3

It was Friday and school had just finished so Sydney walked casually over to where she had parked her car, only to find her boyfriend standing beside it, looking quite relaxed as he leant against the side. “Hey!” Sydney heard, before approaching him and putting on a false smile – she hadn’t seen him since they had had an argument a few days earlier and that all they seemed to do nowadays: fight with one another and she was starting to doubt if she really could go out with someone like him any longer. Sure he was fun and could sometimes – okay, hardly ever – be sweet but he never really seemed to realize what it meant that they argued so much, they were more than slight disagreements and often they could end up screaming at each other for what seemed like hours – it’s like we’re a married couple or something, I mean we’re in high school for Christ’s Sake! Sydney thought to herself.

“Hey Vaughn!” she exclaimed before he kissed her deeply. “So, we’re still on for tonite, ryt? We’re all meeting at mine a bit before 7 then we’re gonna go out, k?” he asked. “Ye, sure whatever!” she said nonchalantly, before adding, “and who’s ‘we’ again?” “Oh, you no, the usual!” he answered. “No, I don’t know, Michael! I haven’t seen or talked to you in 3 days so for all I know you could have made new friends or in fact ditched your old ones!” she answered, her temper flaring slightly. He knew better than to annoy her when she used his first name, it always meant she wasn’t happy with him, cos otherwise she would’ve used Vaughn or Mike, but not this time, so he told her – straight-out, no sarcastic remarks or anything like that – he just told her, “Me, you, Lauren, Noah, Weiss and anyone else you wanna invite” “Ok then , thank-you; I’ll ask Fran cos Will’s busy 2nite, Ok?” she said, not really expecting an answer.

And with that she got into her car and drove off, saying, “I’ll cya at yours then, later!”

i like it so far, but my only suggestion is that you use proper grammar... instead of '2nite', put tonight, and instead of 'cya', put see ya. it's just a little distracting to the reader.

Chptr 4

Earlier that nite (Fri evening):

“Hey, Si do you think you could pick the little one up from pre-school for me, cos I’m not gonna be able to” Julian asked his best friend, Simon Walker. “Ye, sure mate, wot’s up you out with some hot bird jus now or something?” his friend answered laughing. “Ye, I suppose you could say that” Julian answered as he glanced over to the nurses surrounding him in the cubicle. “Thanx, I’ll pick her up from you house about 7.30, is that ok? You sure you can entertain her till then?” Julian asked, he too now laughing. “Of course, she loves me, man!” Simon answered with a laugh. “Ok, thanx again, I’ll cya then!” And with that he hung up the phone the nurse had provided for him and lay back again, as the nurse returned to treat him again.

After leaving the hospital Julian had sped home, hoping to be in-and-out quickly after picking up some things for him and his little sister. Unfortunately his father was waiting there to greet him. “Why if it isn’t my prodigal son, Julian, tell me what brings you back here?” his father asked in a condescending tone. “Well, for a start I currently reside her” Julian answered him. “And what makes you think you still have a home here, dear boy?” “Because, Adrian, as long as she stays with you, I stay with you – I am not gonna leave you alone with her, not so you can treat her like you treat me!”

“Julian, what happened between you and I was simply an understanding that got out of hand, but you have to believe me; I would never lay a finger on her, never!” his father answered, with a small hint of sincerity in his voice. “The way you promised never to hit mum again, exactly, I’m not gonna take that chance – she’s too good for that! Now get out of my way, I’m going upstairs to get our stuff” Julian replied.

He made his way upstairs and gathered some of their belongings, but when he descended his father was sitting calmly in the chair opposite the door saying, “You skipped school again, Julian – they called me – I’m getting sick of this behavior! Now you will go to school or so help me God…” “You’ll do what?!?! You can’t do anything to me that you haven’t already done before – you can’t hurt me anymore, you should have learnt that by now! Sure you can hit me, but the pain goes away soon enough, as with your words; they don’t affect me like they did mum and that’s who you really trying to explain yourself to, but you can’t can you – have you even visited her grave? She loved you so much, I never understood why, but she did and she risked all our lives to be with you and you can’t even treat us ryt after all you did to her can you?” Julian eyes were now clouded over, but not with anger alone; with pain and grief too.

“Now I’m going to go and pick up your little girl and you will have gone back to Moscow by the time we return. You are going to sign over guardianship to me, formally this time. You will not visit unless I request it and you will not contact her privately. You may send her a present or card for her birthday and Christmas, but nothing more – do you understand?” “Yes” his father simply replied. “If you do not follow by these guidelines then I will make it that you not only never see her again, but that you never see another person on this earth. OK?” Julian asked, his eyes no longer clouded over and his voice controlled. His father nodded silently and Julian said, “Good!” before putting the bags down on the living-room and making his way out the door. He turned as he was just outside the drive saying, “She wasn’t the only one who loved you, but now you’ve lost that and you’ll never get it back” and with that he got in his car and drove towards Simon’s house.

Sydney and Francie hung at the back of the group chatting away. They had spent the last while ‘terrorizing the neighborhood’, well, the rest of them apart from those two had experienced great joy watching each other spray paint school property, switch over street signs and other childish attempts at teenage rebellion. Well at least that’s what Sydney thought of it all – it was stupid and a waste of a perfectly nice evening – well at least she had Francie and Eric to talk to, that at least relieved her from her boredom for part of it. Eric, or Weiss as he was mostly known, was one of her boyfriend’s best friends: he was such a cutie and was always nice to her and was probably one of the main reasons she was still going out with Vaughn; Weiss was constantly telling him what he had done to annoy Sydney so much and telling him ways to make it up to her.

Just then, she noticed Vaughn and Noah pick something up from the side of the road: it was a huge construction sign that stretched the whole way across the road. And that is exactly what they did; they placed it in the middle of the road and opened it up so that it formed a barrier across it. “Ok, now this is beyond stupid, this is just plain dangerous!” Sydney exclaimed, “What if someone drove down the road and didn’t notice it, what then, eh Michael? What then? There would be an accident and we would all get the blame and someone could be seriously injured!” “So this is what this is about, the blame. Well fine, Syd go home; I know you’ve hated every bit about tonite, but all we’re doing is having some fun, and if you don’t like that, you can just go!” “No, Mike she’s ryt it’s dangerous – there could be an accident!” his friend Weiss cried out. “Ok, go home then, you don’t have to have anything to do with this, just go!”

“No!” Sydney exclaimed, “not until I move this thing so it can’t cause an crash! – since no-one else is willing to do it” and she stepped onto the road and began to move one side of the barrier so that it folded into the center; she’d need help to move it after that, but at least if someone did come along the street, they could move to the other side of the road, she thought to herself.

Julian was speeding along in his car, with the music blaring out of the speakers. He felt his phone vibrate and answered it, knowing full well that it was his father on the other end. “Adrian” Julian answered in a patronizing tone. “Julian, I understand what you are saying, but I can’t just let you two walk out of my lives forever!” the other voice said. “Yes, you can, and that is what you are going to do – it’s what’s best for all of us and you know it. I will not take the chance of you hurting her – whether intentionally or not – I just won’t!” Julian said.

“Julian, please, son, I would never do that and you know it!” “All I know is that if you can do it to your own wife and young son, you can sure as hell do it to your baby girl!” “No, Julian, I would never! What is that music, it’s so loud I can’t hear you properly!”

“That’s the general reason for raising the volume, dad, Goodbye!” And with that he hung up his phone, hell-bent on throwing it away, so his father could not reach him on it again, when he caught sight of something in the middle of the road. He turned to see a girl – his age – standing in the middle of the road and he was heading straight for her.

Francie was just about to go an help Sydney with the construction barrier, when she saw a silver sports car speeding down the road and it appeared to be traveling right towards her, “Omg, Syd, watch out!” she screamed.

At that Sydney looked around with a look of shock on her face as she saw the sports car. She saw the driver behind the wheel and noticed the slight look of panic in her eyes as he traveled directly towards her…

PS plz rd an post wotu tink - it means a lot! :D
the nxt chptr will prob be up nxt wkend
thanx
xxx

Chptr 5

Simon was sitting on the kerb with Julian’s little sister and he didn’t even have to look up to know who the person speeding along in the expensive silver Porsche was: it was his best friend Julian and from the sound’s of things he wasn’t in the best of moods. He could always tell when his friend was pissed – and it was mainly always due to his dad - ‘cos he sped of in his convertible, taking the corners fast with the music blaring out from the stereo.

When he did look up though, what he saw shocked him to such an extent that he had alerted the wee girl next to him and where she had previously been sitting on the side of the pavement playing happily was now vacated. She stood frozen to the spot with a look of shear terror on her face as she watched the sickening events unfold before her innocent little eyes.

In a split second, Julian had averted his gaze from the girl standing in the road and had swerved to the other side. What he didn’t anticipate though was colliding head first with an extremely sturdy construction barrier and crashing his car: It’s not enough that I crash my car into that bloody barricade, I have to strike a nearby – and even more powerful – tree, before the friggin’ car tumbles over again and again – I, mean, for F*ck’s Sake! Julian thought. The car finally came to a halt; on its wheels – thank God.

Sydney stood petrified as the car in front of her hastily shifted to the other side of the road. She then looked on in horror as she watched it crash straight into the barricade before spinning out of control, hitting the tree that was planted nearby and repeatedly tipping over; until it finally came to a stop, the right way up. She didn’t move instantly for fear of what she might find, but instead stayed glued to the same spot where she had nearly been run over just a matter of seconds before. Then she heard it; a noise she would never forget; a sound that as soon as she heard it made her feel automatic pity for the unfortunate soul whom it had come from.

“Julian, NO!” the little girl screamed and she started running towards the wreck. The car was nothing more than a pile of mangled metal and his head could barely be seen among it all, especially since there was now smoke billowing out of the former stylish convertible. Then she saw it: a tuft of blonde hair darkened and stained by the blood now flowing freely from a deep gas in the side of his head. She began to try and offer the only thing she could; comfort, “Don’t worry, you’re gonna be alrite, the ambulance will be here soon and they’ll will patch you up, don’t you worry!” Then suddenly she heard a voice amidst all of the confusion, “Quick, Catch her!” She whirled around to see a wee girl running towards her and she promptly picked her up in her arms before she could run into Sydney. The voice became clearer as the boy approached quickly, “She can’t see him – not like this – she’s already seen too much!” and Sydney could tell that whoever the boy was he felt genuine care for the little girl and the boy now lying barely conscious to their right. He’s ryt, she should never even have seen this much! Sydney thought to herself as she began to carry the little girl away from the scene of destruction

“No, Jules - let me go, please! Jules!” the little girl cried out struggling in Sydney’s grasp and stretching her arms out towards the boy. And then suddenly Sydney halted, “It’s ok, sweetie, I’m alrite – I’m still here with you!” OMG! Sydney thought, he’s alive! On hearing that she immediately turned around and walked over to where the boy lay injured in the car – ok, so maybe it was more traumatizing for the small child in her arms to see the guy barely alive surrounded by a totaled car, but what the hell, Sydney thought, she’s seen this much and he obviously needed to set her mind at rest about whether he would live or not.

“Seige, sweetie, I’m ok! – I’ll be fine, honest; I look worse than I am – nothing for you to cry about! Now you go with this nice girl just now, Ok? I’ll be with you soon, angel, I promise!” Julian told his little sister as he saw the tars that had been welling up in those bright blue eyes of hers, begin to fall. He even smiled to try and reassure her, but he knew it would not.

Sydney looked at the wee girl, before nodding in understanding and carrying the little girl away to the other side of the street. She placed her down beside where Francie sat, her eyes with a look of alarm in them, and told her to watch the child. Then she ran quickly back over to the car and told the people now surrounding it, “There’s a petrol leak – we’ve gotta get him out of that car and quickly!” Then Eric piped up, “We can’t, Syd, the ambulance isn’t here yet and we could hurt him more if we move him!” She turned to the boy she had spoken briefly to earlier and said sternly, “Look if we don’t get him outta there ryt now, he’s gonna be a hell of a lot worse than he would be if we moved him”. She stole a quick glance at the injured driver and noticed he had fallen unconscious, “Ok, we need to move a lot faster than I thought – he’s unconscious!”

Chptr 6

“OMG, where are the others?” she exclaimed as her, Eric and Simon struggled to drag Julian out of the car and over to the side of the road – a safe distance away. As she felt for his pulse and began CPR on him, Sydney caught sight of the terrified little child; who was now clutching helplessly onto the other boy – must be his friend, Sydney thought – as he repeated over and over to her the same words, “He’s gonna be okay, Seige, Jules is gonna be alrite – he promised you he would be with you and he will!” She felt an overwhelming sense of sadness for the girl and began chanting in her head, You better not die on me – you promised that little girl you would be with her – you can’t break your promise! I’m not gonna let you.

Sydney continued CPR, as the others looked on terrified. Then suddenly the body beneath her buckled and started coughing up blood. She just had a moment to process that he was alive when the car erupted in huge balls of flames as it exploded. She threw herself on top of the person under her in a hope to protect him from further damage – and was successful. Sydney caught a glimpse of Eric pushing Francie to the ground, just as the other boy, I’m really gonna have to find out there names after this -she thought, threw the girl to the ground hastily before shielding her with his body.

After the blast was over, a single voice shook them, “Guess I’ll be needing a new car then!” the boy lying injured on the ground exclaimed attempting a slight laugh to accompany it, but instead was rewarded with a great deal of pain and ended up having to spit out blood.

“Oh and thanks for bring me back, Love - ” the boy now lying beside her, exclaimed with a faint attempt at a smile, as she could tell he was in a huge amount of pain and was trying to cover it up for the sake of the little child now clutching onto him. “ – she’d never have forgiven me if I broke my promise!” he said gesturing his head towards where the little girl sat. “So, I never did catch your name - sorry about that! And I suppose I should also apologize for nearly running you over!” the boy continued, now looking intently and curiously at her.

“It’s Sydney, Sydney Bristow and that’s ok, I would never have been in the road in the first place if it hadn’t been for my stupid boyfriend and his idiotic friends who thought it would be fun to place the construction blockade in the middle of the road – I tried to tell them it was dangerous, but there you go, anyway, that’s why I was in the road; to try and shift it, guess I wasn’t quick enough! – sorry about that” “Lots of apologies then today, well suppose that was mostly my fault – the part about you not having enough time, I mean – I don’t normally drive that fast!”

“Yes you do, Jules!” the little girl piped up, laughing lightly before poking him in the ribs playfully. He groaned slightly before his face grimaced a bit in response to the pain. “Sorry, Jules, I forgot about what you did to your side” “What did you do, Jules?!?!” his friend asked, slightly angry, but she wasn’t yet sure why. “What he do to you this time, Jules? I mean, it was him, wasn’t it?” his friend looked away slightly, trying to avoid his gaze. “Of course it was! Now tell me what he did, Jules” “Don’t be mad, Si-Si” the little girl said in a sad voice, tugging at the boys arm, before taking a deep breathe and continuing, “He didn’t want anyone to know – I only found out cos I saw him go into the bedroom to get changed after his shower and I didn’t ask cos I knew he wouldn’t tell me and I didn’t tell you earlier cos I knew you’d be mad that he hadn’t told you, I’m sorry!” at the end she exhaled loudly before Sydney offered her a comforting smile and she smiled back.

“It’s okay, little one, I’m not mad, I jus wanna know what happened and to do that I need to talk to Jules alone. So, Sydney is it? Could you take Seige away for a minute while I talk to her bro, as we wait for the paramedics – you did call them ryt?” he asked inquisitively. “Ye, that’s fine, and no, I didn’t but my friend did – they should be here soon!”

She led the little girl just over to the side to give the two friends some room to talk. As she watched the little girl shift her attention to the grass that lay beneath them, she caught snippets of their conversation, but couldn’t determine what it was about from them. Then she caught a glimpse of something: she watched as the boy lifted up the side of his friend’s top slightly as his looked away – not wanting to see his friend’s reaction to what he found - revealing clear white bandages underneath. Most had torn in the crash and she saw the swelling and rather nasty red and purple bruising underneath. Suddenly the boy saw her looking and snatched his top down, despite his obvious pain, to the surprised look of his friend. Then his friend walked over to where the rest were sitting. “Hey, the names Simon and yours is?” he said, signaling to Eric and Francie.

“Oh, hey I’m Weiss, well Eric, but everyone just calls me by my surname Weiss – come to think of it I really have no idea why. This is Francie, by the way and you’ve already met Syd” Weiss answered trying his best to be somewhat cheerful despite the circumstances that they had found themselves in. “Anyway, how is he doing?” Weiss continued, his voice now filled with concern. “Well, I’m no expert, an I know he’s trying to hide it, but that ambulance better come soon” Simon answered. Then he added, with a slight laugh, “He’s not being ungrateful - he just doesn’t take lightly to being dependable on people, so he’s pretty much screwed when he comes to recovering.”

Just as Sydney began to walk over to where he lay, Simon caught her by the arm and said quietly to her, “Oh and Sydney, you should no; he doesn’t give thank-you’s out too often, I mean, sure he’ll be thinking it, but he doesn’t voice them much – so all I’m saying is he’s already given you that; don’t push it, ok?” and with that he went over to sit with the little girl again.

She sat beside him and he turned to face her, “You don’t happen to have any morphine on ya do you?” he asked with a slight smile. “No, sorry” she answered, “It’s Jules ryt?” she added somewhat intrigued by the way he had acted with all of the secrecy and the fact that she knew that there was something unusual about him, but she could not quite put her finger on it. “Actually, it’s Julian; but sure, Jules is fine!” and with that she could have sworn she saw a flicker of a smile – a genuine one, not one riddled with pain or discomfort – a true smile, but before she knew it the sirens she had heard off in the distance, were now deafening and the paramedics rushed to his side to treat him as the fire-fighters tackled the blaze still emitting from them crash.

As put him on the trolley and were preparing to take him to hospital in the ambulance, he finally spoke, “Si, do you think you could bring her to meet me there?” “I can’t, man, sorry but the folks took the drive into the garage this week” “Oh, Sh*t, I forgot, it’s kl – she can come with us, ryt?” Julian said to one of the paramedics, in a controlling sort of tone – despite the fact that he was anything but in control. “Ye, sure, but it really would be better if she met you there!” “That’s ok, I’ll take her!” replied an unexpected voice.

PS just thot i'd put 2 nw chptrs for the sake of it so hope u enjoy! :D
thanx an plz reply - it means sooooooooo much 2 me, u have no idea!
xxx

this is the last chptr so i hope i didnt screw it up 2 much, but i hav done a sequel an will post it if ne1s interestd so...

Chptr 7

“That’s ok, I’ll take her!” replied an unexpected voice.

“No way, Ana, I mean I love you and all, but you still haven’t got a license and well I trust Simon more in a car than I do you, hunni, sorry!” Julian replied, with a hint of amusement in his voice. They all turned round to see a tall, slim African-American girl standing just beside Simon. “This is coming from the guy who jus totaled his $180 thousand convertible?” Ana replied with sarcasm and laugher traces her comment. “Whatever, at least I have a license” he whipped back before turning to Sydney and saying, “Sydney, you can drive, ryt? Could you take my little sis – the beautiful darling that she is – to meet me at the hospital?” “Ye, sure!” Sydney replied simply, quite taken aback by his request since she hardly knew him. It was as if he noticed the uncertainty she felt, written on her face, and he added, “I don’t trust many people with her life, but seeing as you just saved mine, what was it twice? I figure I can trust you to take care of my little four-year-old wonder!” he remarked, smiling, as they loaded him into the ambulance and took him to the hospital.

As she watched the ambulance drive away, sirens blaring, she caught sight of the tree he had hit as the car had spun out of control. It had quite an obvious dent in it and she knew how strong and old the tree was; it had always been there, standing tall since before she was born – <I>yep, Simon was ryt, he really is screwed with the recovery,</I> she thought before leaving for the hospital.

Sydney had been sitting in the ‘Relatives Room’ for nearly six hours before another doctor had come in to update her of Julian’s progress. She thought it best to say that she was related to him as she had turned up with his little sister and did not think he would take too kindly to his little ‘bundle of joy’ – well so she appeared to be, she thought – being taken into the State’s care while he lay helpless in a hospital. Simon and Ana had come a few hours ago, but Ana had left a short while ago. Sydney had thought of asking her to take Seige home with her, but again thought that she was probably better to consult Julian on that decision; she could always drop her off at one of their houses later on if he wanted, but for now she thought it best to leave her be and let her sleep in her knee – she had been through too much for any four-year-old and she had been traumatized by it all in one day!

“So, what was with you and Julian after the crash, why were you being so secretive?” she asked, curiously. “Nothing was up, it’s just Jules doesn’t like people knowing his business – you saw how reluctant he was to talk to me, and I’m his best friend! If he wanted you to know he’d tell you, trust me on this; it would be worse if I told you, you have to hear it from him.” “Ok, fine, but then before we left for the hospital, why did you tell me not to tell the nurses about any family, despite what Seige said – if they have family they deserve to know what’s happened to him!” her voice now changed from inquiring to quite harsh. “No, they don’t – you would understand if you knew what Jules has been through, but you don’t, not even Seige really knows; of course she thinks she has a fair idea, but it’s nothing near the truth – that’s the way Jules wants it too be and that’s the way it’s gonna stay! Ok?” he replied, his tone just as severe as hers had been. “Listen, I know this has gotta be frustrating for you, I mean, you just met us and already you’ve been thrown into this life-altering situation, but believe me when I say you’re not the only one confused by all this! – I mean, you must have seen the way Jules looked at you when he regained consciousness? I’ve only ever seen him look at one other person like that and she’s lying asleep in your arms ryt now, so all I’m saying is don’t expect to return to your normal life after this – cos he sure as hell won’t, and I’m not just talking about the repercussions of the accident either?” he said playfully. He opened the door and went to exit just as a doctor entered. She stood up to address them and just as Simon left, she heard him say, “Just remember: A single event can change everything forever!”

The End

thanx 2 every1 whu rd an plz rd the sequel
xxx

Back