The Truth Changes Everything

Is that ok, I promise I will get it done really soon, I've just been really busy with exams, I will do it quicker next time I promise (y)

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>A/N - Ok I finally have written Chapter two, please read and review, I hope you guys like it (y)

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>Chapter 2</span>

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mia woke up early; she smiled, this time tomorrow she’d be out of here. She sprung out of bed, popped on her jogging stuff and grabbed her bag. She quickly scribbled a note on paper and stuck it to the mirror in the hallway. She then grabbed her keys and ran out of the house. She ran down the street towards her school, it quite far from her house but she figured she needed to get used to long distance running. It was surprisingly busy on the roads, she hadn’t realised so many people would be up and about so early on a Sunday morning.

When Mia reached the school there was hardly anybody about. All the results were posted on a board. Mia walked inside, it was a fairly small corridor with
boring cream coloured walls, so that the board with vibrant colours would stand out. She ran her finger along the board at her name. A huge grin manifested itself on her face as she continued to run her finger along. A tear dropped from one eye, she wiped it and grinned. She was so happy, her dreams were finally coming true. She bit her lip, it wouldn’t be long before the rest of her year were here finding out how they’d done. She knew they hated her but she knew she would miss their familiar faces.

Mia walked up to reception, she glanced over the side to find a petite blond woman standing behind the glass.
“Can I help you?” She asked politely.
“Er yes, Can I pick up my results?” Mia asked her, sounding very casual.
“Yes sure … your name please?” The woman replied formally.
“Mia Dehar” Mia stated, “Also could I use your fax machine please?”
“Yes of course” The woman smiled at Mia, “Here are your results, the fax machine
is just through there”
The receptionist let Mia through the door and pointed at the machine. Mia smiled at her and went straight to it. She inconspicuously typed in the number and pushed her results into it. It quickly scanned it, Mia picked it up and left, saying a quick “Thank you” to the blond as she left.

Mia ran back home quickly, she knew she had everything she needed, it was this part of the process she wasn’t looking forward to. When Mia got back her ‘parents’ were up, she slung the envelope on the breakfast bar and went upstairs. She just hoped they didn’t come upstairs to congratulate her otherwise she would have to explain why she was going through all her stuff and putting it suitcases.

Meanwhile a man sat in his chair in his modern office. He sat behind his glass desk. He suddenly heard a series of beeps and turned around. It was his fax machine, he walked over and looked down, waiting for it to print the document. He picked it up and examined it. He then dropped it on his uncluttered desk and picked up his phone.
“Hi Rich” He said.
There was a pause as he waited for an answer.
“Yes, yes, it’s fine, I just wanted to inform you that she’s in” He told ‘Rich’, “… yeah I would be expecting her within the next few days”
There was another long pause.
“Yeah she’s reliable trust me” The man answered before putting the phone back down, placing the fax into a drawer and returning to his chair.

Mia sighed, she was almost done she though she had done quite a good job of it too, not too much but not too little either. She grinned popping her passport and her ticket into her bag. That was it except her teddy, Tasha, she had to take her with her, she had always been there for her whenever Cara wasn’t. Mia carefully slipped her inside one of the suitcases. She touched her necklace that her real mother had given to her.
“I promise I will find you” Mia whispered, picking up her hand bag and the two suitcases, she knew getting past her ‘parents’ wouldn’t be a problem but getting past Cara was a completely different matter.
“Mum I’m gonna go to Cara’s for a sleepover, she’ll drive me to school tomorrow” Mia shouted, grabbing her shoes.
“Right ok, I’ll see you tomorrow afternoon” Was all that Leigh said in answer to Mia, nothing that resembled “have a good time” or “love you” which just re-enforced to Mia that she was doing the right thing. Mia slammed the door on the house for the last time and grinned looking up at it.
“See ya” She whispered before beginning to walk to Cara’s house.

Mia knocked gently on Cara’s white front door. Cara slowly opened it.
“Hi” She grinned, “Come in, Mum’s out tonight so we have the lounge”
“Good because I don’t have a lot of time” Mia told her walking in, dragging her suitcases with her.
Cara looked at her puzzled, then she saw the suitcases and froze. She looked back up at Mia, utterly shocked.
“Mia …” Cara couldn’t carry on.
Mia put them down, led Cara into her lounge and sat her down.
“I don’t expect you to understand” She began, “But I have to do this, I would have told you before but I didn’t know whether it was actually going to work”
“You’re leaving” Cara half asked with a tear glistening in her eye.
Mia didn’t look up at her best friend but nodded.
“Why?” She asked.
“I have to find her, I can’t live like this anymore” Mia explained.
“What if she doesn’t want to be found?” Cara asked.
“Well then I don’t know, but it’s better than sitting here not knowing, living with them” Mia shrugged.
“You can always come and live with me, you know?” Cara replied.
Mia looked up into Cara’s eyes sympathetically, she knew this would be hard.
“Please?” Cara begged, “I don’t want you to go”
“I’m so sorry” Mia apologized.
“It’s not gonna be the same, please don’t go” A tear dropped from one of Cara’s eyes.
“It’ll be ok, you won’t even notice I’m gone” Mia hugged her.
“No it won’t, I’ll miss you” Cara cried, “Please stay!”
“You and I both know that I can’t” Mia told her, “I wish you could come with me, but you can’t”
Cara pulled back and wiped the tears from her eyes.
“Are you sure about the Mia?” Cara asked carefully.
“… Yes” Mia nodded forcefully.
“Well if that’s what you want then … how can I help?” Cara smiled biting her lip.
Mia looked up and grinned at her best friend, she would miss her so much.

Mia and Cara sat in a London taxi, both not attempting to look at each other. Mia eventually turned to her.
“So have you got your story?” Mia asked Cara carefully.
Cara nodded and looked down at her feet.
“Are you sure you have to do this?” Cara asked Mia again.
Mia nodded and looked Cara in the eyes.
“I hope you find her, if you ever need anything …” Cara began.
“I know” Mia replied before Cara could finish.

Cara lined up with Mia as she went through the several checkpoints of the airport. Mia had finally received her boarding pass and they had just called for the passengers of her flight.
“You’re really gonna do this” Cara gulped with another tear in her eye.
“Yep” Mia replied.
“You know I’m gonna miss you a lot” Cara told her honestly.
“Aaww, I will miss you loads too!” Mia replied, embracing her, they were both crying now.
There was a pause for a moment.
“You know I’m gonna keep in touch, you won’t lose me” Mia comforted her.
“How?” Cara asked her.
“I’ll ring you or text you everyday or a least try” Mia answered.
“Really?” Cara smiled.
“Yeah, of course I will silly!” Mia slapped her lightly on the arm.
“Oh well, you better go before you miss your flight” Cara informed her.
“Thanks, I’ll talk to you from the plane” Mia said holding her phone up, “love ya”
“Love ya” Cara replied, hugging her goodbye.
Mia then walked away from her towards the entrance.
“Good luck!” Cara shouted just before she went down the corridor.
“Thanks, see ya!” Mia shouted back, grinning from ear to ear before running down the corridor to get on the plane.

Mia was shown to her seat minutes later. She popped her bag down next to her. She was on a window seat next to a middle aged guy, who was already asleep in his chair. She smiled, her adventure was about to begin, the life she’d wished for since she was a lot younger was about to start. She looked at her information once more before putting it back into her bag. She sat back into her seat and closed her eyes, relaxing. When suddenly she felt something in her coat pocket. She lifted her phone out and flipped it open.
“Hello” She said after putting up to her ear, smiling.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------</span>

That was SO good!! (y)
What was on the papers?
I'm a little bit confused....is that okay? :lol:
Poor Cara!! That must be so hard!!
Please update soon!!! I'm dying to know what happens!! :woot:

that was a great chapter
she sent her results with the fax machine, right?
who is the man? did he got her fax? and is she going to fly to him?
I'm a little confused :D but i loved it

“You’re really gonna do this” Cara gulped with another tear in her eye.
“Yep” Mia replied.
“You know I’m gonna miss you a lot” Cara told her honestly.
“Aaww, I will miss you loads too!” Mia replied, embracing her, they were both crying now.
There was a pause for a moment.
“You know I’m gonna keep in touch, you won’t lose me” Mia comforted her.
“How?” Cara asked her.
“I’ll ring you or text you everyday or a least try” Mia answered.
“Really?” Cara smiled.
“Yeah, of course I will silly!” Mia slapped her lightly on the arm.
“Oh well, you better go before you miss your flight” Cara informed her.
“Thanks, I’ll talk to you from the plane” Mia said holding her phone up, “love ya”
“Love ya” Cara replied, hugging her goodbye.
poor girls, great that Cara is such a good friend
what is she going to tell Mia's 'parents'?

thanks for the pm
and better update soon

Thanks you guys, I'm glad you liked it, I will update soon, and Tasha yes the bear is named after you because you deserve it after being there for me so much over the last year, thanks hun :hug:

Whoot. I kept waiting and waiting for the 2nd chapter. This story is good! But I am a little confused right now. Update soon.

And add me to the PM list pleaseh ^_^

Hehe, this was awesome Bella!

I don't have much time to comment though, I have too many pee emmys to get through... But *double thumbs up* your writing rocks girlie!! :D Keep it up!!! :happydance:

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>A/N - Here's chapter 3, I hope you like it, please review, I love your reviews so please write them :smiley:

<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>Chapter 3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The flight was a long one; it involved a changed in Japan which Mia hadn’t enjoyed. She knew that soon enough her ‘parents’ would realise she was gone, she just hoped Cara had been able to stall them for as long as possible. Mia slept through most of the second part of the flight, she was very tired. She had already decided to stay at a youth hostel outside of Auckland for a while, till she could afford to rent somewhere.

Mia was awoken by a woman who was sitting next to her. The woman had prodded Mia till she became conscious.
“Hey excuse me but we’re about to land” The woman informed a sleepy Mia, “I thought you should know”
“Mmm thanks” Mia murmured.
The woman smiled and then turned back to her newspaper. Mia sighed and brushed her chestnut hair back. She then looked down at her watch, deciding to change it to the New Zealand time zone.

A half an hour later Mia walked out from the airport. She grinned, she was officially free. She took her first breath of clean, New Zealand air. She saw a taxi pull up and grinned. She ran over to it and instructed the driver as to where she wanted to go. She then climbed into the back. Having been in many taxis before she knew how nosy the drivers were. And she began to tell her story to him. She wasn’t sure that he would understand but he seemed to, although he didn’t quite agree with her running away, but she didn’t care. She didn’t expect him to understand that unless he had lived with them the way she had which he quite obviously hadn’t.

The driver took her through the middle of the city, it was beautiful, the architecture of the buildings. She had always fancied being an architect. Slowly the buildings got smaller and smaller the nearer and nearer she got to the outskirts. Eventually the driver stopped outside a large, wide building.
“There you go” He said politely.
“Thank you so much” She said gratefully, in her British accent which seemed quite noticeable in a foreign country.
“You’re very welcome miss” He continued, getting out, grabbing her stuff from the boot and then opening her door, “And … good luck, I really hope you find her”
“Aaww thanks, that’s very nice of you” Mia replied, blushing slightly.
She waved to him and knocked on the door of the building.

Mia stood outside, brushing her hair behind her ear nervously, twiddling her fingers and biting her lip. This was the moment of truth, if this didn’t go right … well she was screwed. Suddenly the door opened and awoke her from her thoughts. A woman stood there, she was small and had dark brown hair. She smiled at Mia and lent forward to hug her. Mia embraced her, awkwardly.
“You must be Mia” The woman stated.
Mia nodded and grinned, she had got the right place.
“I’m Mrs Larous” She introduced herself, “But you can call me Charlotte”
“Thanks for having me Charlotte” Mia told her gratefully.
“Oh you are so welcome my child” Charlotte grinned angelically, “Come in, I’ll show around”

Charlotte showed Mia around the whole place, she couldn’t understand why Charlotte was so positive, it was a dingy place, it needed to be re-done, it was musty and old, but it would do, Mia didn’t have a choice. It was better than sleeping on the streets. Charlotte eventually showed Mia to her room, it was fairly small with white walls and a single, small bed.
“Er so I’ll leave you to make yourself at home” Charlotte excused herself.
“Thank you” Mia said, “I’ll see you tomorrow”
Mia didn’t take great comfort in that thought but she said it anyway because she knew it was inevitably true.

As soon as Charlotte left the room Mia dumped her bags by her bed and sat on it, testing how comfortable it was. It was ok; at least it didn’t have any springs loose. She then found her phone in her bad and dialled a number.
“Hi it’s Mia” She spoke into the receiver, “Yes I’m here, so yes I’ll be able to start tomorrow morning, what time would you like me there?”
She waited for an answer.
“Yes 9 am, I’ll be there” Mia answered, “Thank you, I’ll see you tomorrow”
Mia then hung up and sighed before lying down on her bed and dialling another number.
“Heya, how are you?” Mia asked.

Mia spent the next 15 minutes on the phone to Cara. Who seemed concerned about the living conditions of the hostel Mia was staying in. Cara told her that her parents had only just realised that she was missing and seemed mad and upset at her. Cara also told Mia she had already been questioned about it by both her parent’s and Mia’s and she had told them that Mia was supposed to be at her house but had never turned up and she had just thought that Mia wasn’t able to come and didn’t think anymore of it. Mia thanked her best friend for protecting her whereabouts and had told her she would ring her the next day after work. Mia then hung up on her friend, got into bed and drifted off to sleep, jet lag had finally consumed her.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------</span></span>

OMG *fishes myself* I missed chap 2
I MISSED CHAP 2!! :banghead: how badder can I be :bag:
okies sooo for chap 2 that I just read 📖
*thud* woawoawoaw so woaw haha yes that's my current state
*takes a deep breathe*
okies soooo who's the dude she sent her results to? and her mom's alive? and why did she sent the results? so she'l have a job? :thinking:
and and...uum...omg her "parents' are such asses :angry: they didn't even said buhbye. OKies they didn't know that she was going but still :sniper:
but her friend aww she seems so sweet and kind and *happysigh* I wub her :love:
okies off reading chap 3 now :blush2:

The flight was a long one; it involved a changed in Japan which Mia hadn’t enjoyed.

england -> japan *scratches head* she's going to..uuh...uum...australia? indonesia? :thinking: hawaii? :mixed: okies I told ya I'm bad in geography :bag:

She then looked down at her watch, deciding to change it to the New Zealand time zone.

:eek: told ya I was bad :bag:

“Aaww thanks, that’s very nice of you” Mia replied, blushing slightly.

😆 Mia awwws and blushes, reminds me of someone :P

Mia stood outside, brushing her hair behind her ear nervously, twiddling her fingers and biting her lip. This was the moment of truth, if this didn’t go right … well she was screwed. Suddenly the door opened and awoke her from her thoughts. A woman stood there, she was small and had dark brown hair. She smiled at Mia and lent forward to hug her. Mia embraced her, awkwardly.
“You must be Mia” The woman stated.
Mia nodded and grinned, she had got the right place.
“I’m Mrs Larous” She introduced herself, “But you can call me Charlotte”
“Thanks for having me Charlotte” Mia told her gratefully.
“Oh you are so welcome my child” Charlotte grinned angelically, “Come in, I’ll show around”

:blink: woaw uum..so Mia's gonna stay at some people's? or work there? :thinking:
she dunno them and go there? :o_O: woaw okies off to read again

“Thank you” Mia said, “I’ll see you tomorrow”
Mia didn’t take great comfort in that thought but she said it anyway because she knew it was inevitably true.

:mellow: what's gonna happen tomorrow? :thinking:
should we be scawed? :cry:

“Hi it’s Mia” She spoke into the receiver, “Yes I’m here, so yes I’ll be able to start tomorrow morning, what time would you like me there?”

ha! so I was right it's for a job? okies now what kind of job? :thinking:
how is she gonna find her mom? and and *sighs* I dunno I feel like something bad's gonna happen :cry:

lil question! did she save money? Cos just the phone calls are gonna ruin her 😆
but no kididng I'm in love with this fic! :woot:
I'm just so intrigued, I wanna know what's gonna happen and who's this dude who got her results by fax and all and *sighs*
i just wanna :poke: you now :angelic:
😆 awwwwwwwesoemesque! :hug:

Sci :watsup:

the chapter was great

She then looked down at her watch, deciding to change it to the New Zealand time zone.
her mom lives in New Zealand? This is far away, she must have spend alot of money

It was better than sleeping on the streets.
having a bed is always better than sleeping on the streets :P

Does she have a job? Is this the man she sent her results to?
Is her job helping her to find her mom? I hope she finds her soon and nothing bad happens

Great that Cara didn't say where Mia is.

update soon and thanks for the pm

told ya I was bad

Yeah, I think you need to retake geography

Mia awwws and blushes, reminds me of someone

ermm ... :ermm: :blush2: :blowup:

ha! so I was right it's for a job? okies now what kind of job?
how is she gonna find her mom? and and *sighs* I dunno I feel like something bad's gonna happen

Patience my friend (y)

lil question! did she save money? Cos just the phone calls are gonna ruin her
but no kididng I'm in love with this fic!
I'm just so intrigued, I wanna know what's gonna happen and who's this dude who got her results by fax and all and *sighs*
i just wanna you now
awwwwwwwesoemesque!

It will all be slowly explained, don't worry! Thanks, I'm glad you like it! :D

her mom lives in New Zealand? This is far away, she must have spend alot of money

Yeah it said earlier that she had saved up by working long extra hours!

update soon and thanks for the pm

I will and you're most welcome Mary! :smiley:

good chappy sabs i can't wait to hear more

Thanks :hug: I haven't seen you in a while, where have you been??

Awww... C'mon, Australia! Why not Australia? :lol: Kidding, kidding... NZ's good too :P

But I'm happy that Mia managed to get away without her parents stopping her... And now she's on the other side of the continent! And Cara... She's lucky to have such a nice best friend who'd cover for her!

I loved the chappy Bella! :D

Cai
x

Thanks Cai, and the reason for NZ and not Australia is cos NZ is my favourite country and I wanna live there when I'm older! :D

Back