A Twin Thing

Oh perfect night for the pair!!!!!!!!! :love:

I'm still worried about Jackie though... he's going to kill Vaughn when he finds out that he and his sister are dating :lol:

Sarah,

I'm so glad you updated. :woot: This is my new favorite story. Glad that Jack approves of Vaughn.

But I'm wondering what's going to happen to Sydney and Vaughn once the tournament is over. Don't they live in different cities?:thinking:

Thanks for the pm, keep up the awesome work and please update again real soon.

:smiley:

CJ

To clear up any confusion - Syd and Vaughn both go to school in LA.

Chapter 18

In the early hours of the next afternoon Sydney was about to attempt to sneak out from under her brother’s watchful eye to go see Vaughn and Weiss’ semi final game. Her team’s game was tomorrow. As she left her room she hear shouting coming from her brother’s room. She sighed as she heard not only her brother’s voice but her father’s as well.

The sounds were muffled but she was pretty sure she heard her name in there somewhere. She banged on the door intending to tell them both to be quiet before the hotel had to call the police to report a domestic disturbance! After she knocked Jackie flung the door open and glared at her.

“You!” He sneered as he pointed a finger at her. “Get in here!” He grabbed her arm and pulled her into the room where her father was standing, red faced and fuming angry.

“OW!” She whined as he dragged her in and shut the door behind her.

“What have I told you?!” He shouted.

Sydney looked between Jackie and her father. She wasn’t sure what to say.

“The guys you’ve been hanging out with!” He clarified. “The ‘gift’ you got at the front desk! I know you were with them when I called the other night after the game!”

“Leave your sister alone!” Jack bellowed. “As much as I hate to admit it, she is a grown woman and can make her own decisions.”

“Not here she can’t!” Jackie yelled. “Here she has to be more careful than that! She has to watch her back and more than that when she isn’t watching her back…LIKE NOW…I have to do it.”

“She doesn’t need a babysitter Jackie.”

“Oh she doesn’t? Is that why someone saw her kissing in the lobby?”

Sydney’s eyes widened.

“That’s right! Someone saw you!”

“For God’s sake Jackie…” Jack trailed off.

“How can you just stand there and act like it’s nothing?”

“ENOUGH!” Sydney shouted as tears streamed down her face. “This has gone on long enough. Jackie, I love you but right now, I hate you.” She cried as her voice became more and more shaky. “Dad’s right, I can make my own choices and if I want to make new friends you can’t stop me.”

“Syd…” Jackie sighed at her tears.

“I can’t have this fight anymore. Every time we play we have to go through this. And I’ve had enough.”

“Sweetheart?” Jack said questioningly.

“I’m done playing hockey.” She whispered as she put her head down and made her way to the door. “Just…tell Coach I’m sorry.” She said as she closed the door behind her.

Jack and his son looked bewilderedly at each other. Jackie knew she hated what he made her do but he didn’t realize it was putting such a strain on her. For her to quit playing meant this was huge in her eyes. He kicked himself for not seeing that in her sooner and writing off most of her other complaints as ‘whiney’ sister stuff.

Sydney went back to her room and still crying flipped her phone open and dialed a familiar number.

“Francie?” She said on a sob when her friend answered.

“Syd? Honey what’s wrong? What happened?” Francie fired out.

“Remember when you told me a few months ago that if I ever wanted…” Sydney sighed.

“Yes and Yes.” Francie replied knowing where Sydney was going with this.

“Really?” Sydney asked.

“When are you moving in?” Francie smiled over the phone.

“I’m going to try and get a flight back from Chicago now and hopefully be moved out by the time my Dad and Jackie get home.” She said quietly.

“You’re just going to leave?” Francie asked.

“I just can’t see Jackie right now. He doesn’t even understand me.” She started to cry again.

“Ok Syd. Just calm down. You call the airline and let me know when your flight is coming in. I’ll pick you up, we’ll go get your stuff, and get you settled in.”

Sydney calmed considerably hearing her friend’s well thought out plan. “Ok.” She squeaked.

“Ok. You call me when you know anything.”

They hung up the phone and Sydney began packing her things. She was hurt by her brother’s complete unawareness of how she felt and his inconsideration of her situation. She wanted to cry about the fact that she had just met Vaughn and was now leaving without a word, but she figured they lived in the same city. Hopefully they would be in touch soon.

She wrote him a note and taped it to his hotel room door and as she checked out she left a note for her father at the front desk. She got in a cab, went to the airport and prepared to fly home.

Oh no. :( Poor Sydney. Don't just give up hockey! That's so sad.

And what's Michael going to think when Sydney's just gone? oh no, poor Michael. :cry:

~Anja

Hey Sarah,

Sydney needs to tell Vaughn that she is leaving. At least, she's going to move in with Francie...that's awesome!

Hope Sydney reconsiders giving up hockey. She seems to be very good at it and she loves it but I understand that it's becoming too much for her...you know being the only girl in the team.

Can't wait for more and keep up the great work. Simply loved it.

:smiley:

CJ

poor sydney!

poor vaughn for not getting a goodbye!

hooray for francie saving the day.

and jackie.. well... someone shouldpush him back in the pool.

great update!!

poor syd i feel really sorry for her! i hope Jackie realises what he has done and says his sorry to her!
i hope that Syd and Vaughn are able to meet when they get back to LA!
cant wait for more!! :D
PLEASE update soon :smiley:

OO stupid Jackie!!!!
-Hopefully Vaughn will understand...and they find each other in LA!!!
I really hope Syd will play hockey again tho....maybe she could play on Vaughn's team!!! :angelic:
-Great update!! Loved it!!

:cry: sniff... poor syd. that was kinder sad. sheesh jackie lighten up <_< hope vaughn finds her in LA... ooo just had a thought does jackie apologize and syd comes and wins the final game? :woot: just a thought. ok. thanx for the pm update soon ^_^

She can't just leave them like that.
I mean I know she is upset and Jackie is being an ass, but she could have waited so she didn't leave the team in a lurch.

Back