A Twin Thing

Sarah,

Glad that Sydney got to spend some time with Vaughn and Weiss. The way she told off Jackie was awesome.

Thanks for the pm and can't wait for more. Great job!

:smiley:

CJ

Awwwwww That was sooooooo cute, damn now i want an Ice hockey playing boyfriend!!! lol

I love thier interaction its soooo good!

Yay for that last little moment in the elevator!

Gabby

“And she obviously likes you…”

“Why would you say that?” Vaughn asked, fighting the smile that so desperately wanted to be all over his face.

“Uh, maybe the way she smiles at you, or the way she looks at you, or the way she winked at you the other day. There’s also the fact that even though it could have gotten her in a lot of trouble with her brother she went out of her way to see us at her game the other day…” Weiss explained.

Vaughn got a puzzled look on his face. “I didn’t even think of that.”

Weiss flashed him a big smile. “That’s why you have me!”

Those lines made me laugh real hard...

I'm all giddy to know that Sydney had fun with them tonight

And you know what bothers me most....

Is that you finished this chapter with DING :P

I'm not a person you can easily kid... Is Jackie standing there waiting for the elevator??????? :angelic: Spit it! :lol:

Aww that was so sweet!
Please don’t let Jackie be on the other side of the elevator!! :P
I am really glad that Syd can finally have someone to talk to!
Thanks for the PM
Update soon :D

HEre's some new chapters - and hopefully what you've been waiting for.
Hope you enjoy it. Thanks for reading and reviewing.
Sarah

Chapter 13

The next morning Sydney woke up and got herself ready for breakfast. She put on a pleated black skirt, a tight red t-shirt and a pair of matching red sneakers. As she had the morning before she knocked on her brother’s door to see if he would join her. He didn’t answer so she made her way into the lobby on the way to the restaurant.

When she got there a huge smile broke out onto her face. Vaughn was there. He was standing with four guys, one being Eric and the other two from the pool a few nights before. Like she had done at the rink she walked up behind them and put her arms around Weiss and Vaughn. Knowing smiles appeared on each of their faces as they turned to her.

“Hello Silent Girl.” Weiss greeted happily, still protecting her secret. The two other guys in the group snickered at the nickname, much like Sydney herself had done when she heard it for the first time. “Oh yeah, this is Joe and Dave.”

She waved and smiled at them. They did the same but it was apparent that both thought she might be slightly insane with the whole ‘not talking’ thing.

“Well, let’s go.” Weiss said as he started for the restaurant. Joe and Dave began to follow.

“I’ll be right there. I…uh…forgot something upstairs.” Vaughn said as they walked away. When they were out of sight he turned to Sydney and was about to say something to her when they heard a voice from behind them; it was Jackie.

Sydney quickly grabbed Vaughn by the arm and dragged him behind one of the doors of the restaurant that was propped open. They were pretty hidden considering there was a tall plant they had to practically climb through to get into the small nook. Once they got in there they listened as Jackie stopped about four feet away from them and started talking to someone. They were both listening but their attention was quickly diverted to each other when they both realized their position. Sydney was pressed up against a wall and Vaughn was standing with his entire chest pressed to her as each of his hands rested on the wall next to her head. At the same time she looked up and he looked down and in that moment, there was no question as to what was about to happen.

Sydney’s arms quickly went up and wrapped around his neck while his hands went around her waist as he pulled her closer to him. Their lips met proving to each of them that they weren’t alone about how they felt for one another. Their mouths opened and their tongues passionately collided trying desperately to drink in as much of each other as they could before they had to stop.

Finally they pulled away from one another both smiling. They didn’t hear Jackie anymore. He must have already gone in. Vaughn lifted his hand to her face and lightly stroked her cheek.

“You are so beautiful.” He whispered. She closed her eyes at his gentle touch. “The most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen.”

“Have you ever seen the sky behind Mt. Subasio in Italy?” She asked smiling. “Because that’s pretty beautiful.”

“I haven’t, but it could never compare.” He said as he kissed her again.

“I like that.” She whispered as their foreheads rested together.

“Me too.” He tightened his grip around her and kissed the top of her head while hugged her.

“Vaughn?” She said quietly.

“Yeah?”

“I really like you.” She admitted with a smile.

He pulled her away from him a little bit so he could look at her. “I know how you feel.”

“You like you too?” She joked.

He shook his head at her humor. “Yes. I am completely in love with myself.”

“That’s too bad.” She whispered as she leaned up and began kissing his neck.

He threaded his fingers through her hair and closed his eyes. “Why’s that?”

She placed her hand on his chest. “I was hoping there might be some room in there for me.” She kissed his neck again smiling when she felt his quickened pulse beneath her lips.

Vaughn quickly grabbed her face with both of his hands and kissed her forcefully. “There’s room for you.” He whispered. “Only for you.”

They began kissing again when Sydney’s phone rang. They broke apart and sighed, both knowing they had to separate.

“Hello?” She answered.

“Where are you? I thought we were meeting for breakfast?” Jackie said.

“I’m on my way. I got caught up reading in my room. I’m almost there.” She said just before she hung up.

“I don’t want you to go.” Vaughn said as he began smoothing her hair down so she didn’t go to breakfast looking like she had just been making out behind a door!

“I don’t want to go.”

“I hate not being able to talk to you. All I want to do is talk to you.” He said quietly.

“I hate not talking.” She smiled up at him. “Will I see you later?”

“Absolutely.” He grinned and kissed her shortly on the lips before she climbed out from behind the door and off to her breakfast.

Chapter 14

After breakfast, where Vaughn and Sydney made secret ‘googley’ eyes at each other, Weiss starting asking about their plans for the day.

“I’m not sure, what are you doing?” Vaughn asked back.

“Not sure.” He looked around to make sure no one was around. “Sydney has a game. Are you going?”

Vaughn smiled a guilty smile. “Yeah, I think I am. I just have something I have to do first.”

“What?” Weiss asked curiously.

“I just…have to go out. But I’ll be back or I can meet you at the rink.” He explained vaguely.

“What…I can’t come with you?” Weiss smiled, recognizing the happy look on Vaughn’s face.

Vaughn looked up at him and thought for minute. “You can if you want, but you aren’t going to understand what I’m doing and I’m not going to explain it to you either.”

“You are such a good friend.” Weiss said sarcastically.

“I know.” Vaughn laughed.

Weiss opted to meet Vaughn at the rink in the afternoon. Vaughn had left shortly after that to go run his errand. He did his thing, went back to the hotel and then met Weiss.
He saw him up in the bleachers and went to sit next to him.

“Hey.” He greeted.

“Hey. How’d it go?” Weiss asked not having any idea what he was talking about.

Vaughn laughed. “It went well.”

They watched the game, just as they had days before. But the knowledge of who Sydney really was changed the game for them. They cringed every time she was checked. They were on the edge of their seats when they thought she might get into a fight (which didn’t happen). They were more amazed with her abilities after knowing who she was.

“Hey Vaughn?” Weiss asked in a somewhat sad tone.

“Yeah?” Vaughn asked curiously.

“After hanging out with Sydney…and now watching her play…I kind of understand why her brother does what he does.” He admitted sheepishly during the break between the second and third period.

Vaughn ran a hand through his hair. “I kind of do too.” He admitted as well. “I mean, people are gunning for her now because they think she’s a threat, but if they thought she was weaker because she’s a girl it would be worse.”

“Yeah.” Weiss agreed.

As the third period began a man made his way into the stands and sat directly in behind Weiss and Vaughn. He was older with graying hair and it appeared that the man hadn’t smiled in decades. He just had one of those stone faces that made it look like he had never had a good time in his life.

Obviously noticing Weiss’ jacket the man spoke to them. “You’re on the Lightening?”

Both guys turned around to look at the man. “Yeah, we both are.” Weiss said as Vaughn wasn’t wearing a team jacket. “You’ve heard of us?” He asked incredulously.

“I have. Both of my kids have mentioned how good your team is.” The man smiled – surprising them.

Weiss smiled proudly. “Well…” He trailed off with a jokingly arrogant look on his face.

“Shut up Weiss.” Vaughn laughed.

They all went back to watching the game peacefully. A few minutes before the end of the game Sydney scored yet another goal. After the commotion died down Weiss turned to Vaughn.

“Dude! Sydney kicks ass!” He laughed.

Vaughn’s smile grew just thinking about her. “Yes she does.”

Sydney finished getting showered and dressed after her game. She had seen Vaughn and Weiss there and almost died when she saw her father sitting behind them. As she exited the locker room she didn’t see either of them, but she did see her Dad. She ran over to him and gave him a hug as he lifted her off the ground.

“Hi Sweetheart.” He said. Then he whispered in her ear. “You were great.”

“Thanks. I saw you in the stands.”

“Yes, I seemed to be sitting with some of your admirers.” He looked at her pointedly.

Her face fell. ‘Oh God’ she thought. ‘He knows!’

“Don’t worry. I won’t tell Jackie if you don’t.” He whispered.

She smiled brightly at him, thankful that she had such a cool father. “Thanks Dad.”

Jackie joined them soon after and they decided they would get dinner as a family while in Chicago. Jack promised them a nice, fancy dinner so they decided to go to their rooms to get ready.

Jackie went to his room while Sydney waited at the front desk of the hotel while Jack checked in. The receptionist that was checking Jack in eyed him carefully.

“Do you know an S. Bristow?” She asked connecting the last names.

Sydney spoke up from behind. “I’m S. Bristow,” she said quietly. “Room 2547”

The receptionist smiled at her. “We have a package for you.”

“For me?” Sydney said surprised.

“Yes, just hold on one moment and I’ll get it for you.” She turned and walked through another door. A moment later she returned with a plain white box. It was unwrapped but had a bow on the top.

“Who is it from?” Jack asked both women.

“I’m not sure, sir.” The clerk said as Sydney shrugged. She held the package close to her as they got on the elevator.

“Sydney, the suspense is killing me.” Jack laughed. “I have to know what is in that box!”

She laughed at him and conceded. She was dying of curiosity herself. She carefully lifted the top off and viewed the contents. Smiling she pulled out the framed picture of Mt. Subasio with a note taped to it. She unfolded the paper and read it as Jack peered over her shoulder.

Now I’ve seen Mt. Subasio.
My previous statement stands.
It’s nowhere near as beautiful as you.

Jack smiled at the look on his daughters face as she looked up at him.

“He sounds like a keeper.” Jack said.

aww how cutre was that!?!?!
AND they finally kissed :D yey!!! (i am currently doing weiss' happy dance! lol) vaughn is so sweet! i hope that jackie doesnt find out or if he does that he doesnt try to split them up!
thanks for the PM
PLEASE update soon :D
cant wait for more!!!

Back