ABCBR General Chat

Gary likes Cops. Not me. He likes Burn Notice too, though! So, he has sorta crazy taste.

Glad you could enjoy Transformers Lisa. I was thinking, 'that's the Lost monster!' through the preview for the JJ movie. Does it have a name yet?

Also, did you notice that the 'voiceover' for the last scene in Transformers said 'we're more than meets the eye'? I just loved that movie! I want to see it again on the big screen and will definitely purchase it. Other than the masturbating convo, I think it was a great kid's movie. And, for the age group (it was pg13) that was fine too. Not sure I want to take a 4 or 5 year old for that though! And, honestly, the masturbating convo was pretty funny! "Sam's happy time". I love the lady that played the mom! I love her voice!

'Oh, my bad'. Too funny when Sam was searching his room and they were 'hiding'. I'll stop talking about it now. Or, at least I'll try....

Need advice, I have an event coming up in October (you guys know I'm a planner) and need something 'business casual or dressy casual' can you give me an idea of what that means to you? Casual to me is slacks, but this is an anniversary party with hors d'ouvres and cocktails and a band, etc... So, need advice. Something in our age range. Thoughts? Links? Thanks.

The chick in accounting is pissing me off right now. I have a stack of check requests which need to be proccessed immediately. I plan to send them directly to the person who is cutting the check, by pdf.

She wants me to send them to her so she can put them in an interoffice pouch, thus creating an additional day delay so my checks don't get cut until Thursday. I told her I am sorry it is far more important for me to get my vendors paid under the circumstances, rather than be concerned about whether or not you hold an invoice in your hand. She hung up on me. She's done it before. I was probably mean, but I know for a fact that she does nothing more than take them from one interoffice envelope and put them in another. I purposely put an invoice in without a signature and they get sent back to me. So, I'm cutting the middleman - she doesn't do anything.

ETA - Terri. It was a really fun movie. That convo is a little over the top, but a good kids movie also. I thought they could have cut 5 minutes from the end, but still great.

You could always do a nice pant suit, that's a little dressier. fancy buttons etc. I think that would be appropriate.

Did you notice that Sucre was in it? From Prison Break? He was one of the soldiers.

Yeah, she's just trying to justify her job.

Have you had the baby shower yet? If so, how'd it go?

I did see Sucre.

I guess I am the worst person to ask, because I am looking at it through the coordinators eyes. If you ask me, I would say it was an FF. I'll probably start crying. I mean how when I tell you to make of each sandwich type to feed 40 people, you show up with one platter that barely feeds 10. And you only have a tuna sandwich.

How when you're supposed to show up at 12 to help set up, you show up at 5:10 for a party that starts at 3:30. Guests came really, really late though, so it was alright.

:cry:

See I told you all I was going to cry. Everything I trusted to someone else was a mess. Everything I did on my own went over extremely well and I am not just saying that. My table was ruined.

People think me ____ (not sure what word is appropriate) when I say I am not close to my relatives. They never understand until something like this happens.

Geez, Lisa, how awful! Did you make sure the guests knew exactly who to blame*er*credit with the tuna sandwich? And they are behaving greedy? How? Sheesh, I was as grateful for the $1 rattle as I was the $150 highchair. No one HAD to get us anything! ((HUGS)) Hope you have better experiences next time. Maybe just say "I don't do business with family" the next time you are asked to do something like this.

Back