Alias gets a new lead-in for February

This is my first time to start a topic and I hope that I am putting it in the right place.

I receive a media update every morning and here is a snippet from today's:

Quick look at what happened while Cynopsis was on vacation (12/20-1/4):
ABC announced a time period for Extreme Makeover: Home Edition for Sundays at 8p beginning February 15.

This is good news because it seems that Alias will get a good lead-in for February sweeps. If you missed the pilot episode of this it is worth watching. It is hosted by Ty Pennington from Trading Spaces.

Anyway a lot of women watch this so hopefully they will stick around for Alias. :smiley: Especially since it is the best show ever!!!!

This sounds bad... I'm not sure if this is the type of audience who will wanna watch Alias, is it? Well women... I hope this works.

Where did you find out by the way?

OMG ABC needs help! I am going to die. That. Is. So. Ridiculous. Extreme Makeover?!?! Home edition?!?!?! Urgh, I think I'm going to go cry now, and have an early funeral for Alias and it's ratings....

~*~Tinker Belle~*~ said:
OMG ABC needs help! I am going to die. That. Is. So. Ridiculous. Extreme Makeover?!?! Home edition?!?!?! Urgh, I think I'm going to go cry now, and have an early funeral for Alias and it's ratings....
its ok!! i think that alias's ratings won't get screwed by whatever this extreme makeover felgercarb is. i mean come on...10-8 is before alias now, and that show reallllly realllly sucks :asleep: i can't stay awake during it at all, even if i'm desperate to kill time b4 watching a new alias epi. don't worry tink, it's all good! at least i hope so! :blush:

HeatherLOVESAlias said:
~*~Tinker Belle~*~ said:
its ok!! i think that alias's ratings won't get screwed by whatever this extreme makeover felgercarb is. i mean come on...10-8 is before alias now, and that show reallllly realllly sucks :asleep: i can't stay awake during it at all, even if i'm desperate to kill time b4 watching a new alias epi. don't worry tink, it's all good! at least i hope so! :blush:
Yeah but extreme makeover bombed in the ratings the other day. Even worse than 10-8... the audience is totally different.

Reality stupid show like extreme makoever

action show like 10-8

I loved the Extreme Makeover home edition. And the one last week was not the home version, it was a follow up with people who had the extreme makeover done on them. Anyway, 10-8 is a horrible show and Trading Spaces, which has Ty Pennington also, is the highest rated cable show on tv so I don't think it wil hurt Alias in any way.

It could be worse- think Wonderful World of Disney! This is miles better than when that was the lead-in.

Where did you find out by the way?

I subscribe to a media enewsletter and it was in there, it is called Cynthia's Cynopsis. I am a marketing/advertising professional and do a fair amount of media buying. It is a great source for ratings and also tells me what is going on with networks and cable as far as programming.

The home edition of Extreme Makeover pulled in really good numbers. Do I think it is the best lead in for ALIAS? Not by a long shot. I think the best lead-in for ALIAS would be Karen Sicso. They are both favored by critics and ABC could tout Sunday night as some sort of female kick-butt night or something, like NBC has "Must See TV" on Thursdays. ABC has the potential to own Sunday nights.

Sorry for the tangent, but I have so many ideas on how ABC could better promote ALIAS.

The first ep of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition was really good, I liked the show...in fact I cried...yes anyways...but it's kinda weird that they would put these two shows together... From home makeovers to Alias? Well, I'm keeping my fingers crossed....

I loved the first show of Extreme Make-Over ... Home Edition ... I cried with those involved ... it was good to watch ...

About it being a lead in for Alias, I am not sure ... it might help, but it might hurt to ... Sunday nights a lot of people stay home to watch TV ... and if it doesn't do good the 1st week, then I guess they just need to change it ...

Extreme Makeover -- Home Edition was actually a really good show. And come on, it has Ty Pennington. He's the next best thing to Michael Vartan in my book. I think it would be a better lead-in that 10-8. But, I have heard some more recent news that the powers that be at ABC are going to put Karen Sisco as the lead-in when it returns to T.V.

Grr, Extreme Makeover: House Edition how stupid!! Ty is cute but come on?

Mia

Stealing
Spying
Murder
and you think your family has issues. :redhair:

feeling_like_a_spy said:
extreme makeover: home edition?? :blink: wow.. will that be better than 10-8??
not really ... but if they had a good show they could work with, they would put it on ... and on Sunday night, most families stay home ...

remember when Touched by an Angel was on on Sunday nights? That show every week was in the TOP 10 and the film that followed the show also made it to the TOP 10 ... now, you barely see a sunday show in the TOP 10 ... after they
moved the show to Saturday night, it got dead on ... the show was cancelled, and CBS is not in the TOP 10 with a sunday show ... and they not doing that good either on Sunday night ... so, if a family show like Extreme Make-Over: Home Edition is for the family, it could do the trick ...

BTW ... NBC is bringing Crossing Jordan back to Sunday nights now ... so, we need something good to keep people on ABC and watching Alias ...

I think they (ABC) could get more people to watch Alias if they had a special on one week right before a new Alias episode, explaining what Alias is about and who the key players are, and what has happened in previous seasons. I just got hooked on Alias this season, as I started watching it with my mom, who has watched it from day one. But, the first few episodes I watched, I was so confused. I mean, I thought Francie (Allison) was Dixon's wife! And I knew Marshall, Weiss, and Dixon's faces, but had NO idea which was which. I'm sure I would have gleaned this over time, but...instead, I went out and bought the Season 1 and 2 DVD sets and got caught up to date! My point being is, that for ratings of Alias to go up, more people are going to have to turn to it, and actually understand what's going on. Not everyone is as obsessed as me (going and buying two seasons worth of DVDS!) I'm just thinking that maybe if they did a show where it explained who Rambaldi was, and Danny, and Francie, and Will, and what happened with Irina, just a little background info, that maybe this would draw more people in, and they could better understand what's going on. I know they have info on the ABC website, but I think it would be better if they explained the show right before a new episode came on. Maybe like a half hour episode before the new hour episode or something, I don't know. Because most people looking for a new show to watch, or flipping channels and settle on Alias, are not going to want to stick with the show if they're so confused that they don't know what's really going on.

I wouldn't want Karen Sisco before "Alias" ... it could ruin it as both shows have heroines in them ... and we wouldn't want people to watch Karen Sisco and then tune out for Alias, because they couldn't handle two shows with chicks as lead ...

you know what I mean and how people are ...

Back