Alias - Michael Vaughn's Dad

I like to see an ALIAS plot with Michael Vaughn's Dad being alive and well -- of course and interest

• Yes that would be cool!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes

• No

• Maybe

• I don't know

• Total voters

Lynne

Cadet
I like to see on ALIAS an interesting plot involving Michael Vaughn's Dad being alive and well with some flashbacks to Vaughn's life with his Dad, of course an interesting plot with lots of twists and turns! :woot: ;) :cool:

How many fans agree with me? :rolleyes:

Enjoy your day and evening! :D

Lynne

I'm sorry to disagree but I would ahve to disagree. I agree with you that it would be cool to see flashbacks of Vaughn and his dad in maybe a couple of episodes or something but not to have his dad be alive because it is too similar to the whole Irina Direvko thing. They can't have that many parents just fake their death or come back or whatever ya know? But the flashback thing would be cool!

You can disagree with me that is fine. I was just thinking that when Vaughn talk to Irina he said that they couldn't identify his Father even from his dental records which to me leads an opening to a Vaughn's Father story-line. But I would be happy with flashbacks of Vaughn with his Father in some of the episodes! :smiley:

They had three people fake their deaths -- Irina, Emily, Sark's Father and four if you want to think of the Covenant's faking of Sydney's death! Might be even a fifth if you want to think of the Double (Allison) Francie who came back to life through the Covenants help... at the beginning of Season III! So what is one more to three or four or five but that is up to the ALIAS writers and JJ Abrams to decide ... I would just like to see a story-line involving it and wonder how many other fans would too! ;) :cool: But Flashbacks would work too! :rolleyes:

Enjoy your evening and day! :D

Lynne

oh, yeah sure why not?? and was we are bringing the dead back, why don't we call for Danny?? :blink: ... :shock: .....

:jump: ..just toying

yeah that would be cool, and Vaughn wouldn't have reason to be mad at Syd anymore, remember season 2 when they were playing hockey and have a little discussion about it? because, you know that "your mommy killed my daddy" thing will be always there.

Cecília said:
oh, yeah sure why not?? and was we are bringing the dead back, why don't we call for Danny?? :blink: ... :shock: .....

:jump: ..just toying

yeah that would be cool, and Vaughn wouldn't have reason to be mad at Syd anymore, remember season 2 when they were playing hockey and have a little discussion about it? because, you know that "your mommy killed my daddy" thing will be always there.
Oh I just posted something about the Danny coming back to life -- no way -- we might have to hear him sing again and that would be pure torture for all! ;) :lol:

I have no interest in seeing Danny back in the story-line and feel it isn't essential -- only to explain why Sydney hates Sloane! :asleep: See the Spoiler's section polls for my remarks on Danny and Bill Vaughn! :smiley:

But Bill Vaughn, Michael Vaughn's Father does have my interest if not in bringing him back to life again in flashbacks of his life with Michael Vaughn! ;) :cool: (y)

The Flashbacks could have Michael Vartan play Michael Vaughn's Father since Irina said that Michael Vaughn looked just like his Father! (y) ;) :rolleyes:

The more twists and turns to Alias the longer the show will last in seasons -- but I'll be happy with flashbacks of their life together! :rolleyes:

Lynne

Ok, we're on the same page or something because I was just thinking the same thing after the last eppy!!! I was like "ooh! what if they bring him into the show!" I think it'd be a very interesting twist!

no i dont want MORE dead characters to start coming back to life, thats happened way too many times already. i dont mind if hes involved in some storyline, BUT HES DEAD, and i hope he stays dead.

This is one of those questions that we won't know until we wait and see how the writers write it (if he does come back). It would be overkilling a storyline, up there with spouses betraying eachother. It would be an interesting twist, but as I said, it all depends on how it's written - so I chose "maybe" ^_^

No. They need to make up new twists, they can't just bring everyone back to life.. It's getting a bit boring.. :confused:

MVhunny said:
no i dont want MORE dead characters to start coming back to life, thats happened way too many times already. i dont mind if hes involved in some storyline, BUT HES DEAD, and i hope he stays dead.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion(s) :rolleyes: , but I feel that it isn't unrealistic for the bring back to life element in the spy world -- for spies are trained in the art of deception and if we don't have twists, plots, and suspenseful storylines -- Alias dies! :smiley:

I like the fantasy and science fiction element of Alias (y) ;) :cool: and hope it continues for if Alias became a Reality Show I wouldn't watch it and it never has been -- it is more like a female James Bond with plots and storylines! :smiley:

What do you want to see on Alias?

It is a spy drama -- not about love and friendship and frankly just chasing the bad guys around for Rambaldi artifacts doesn't do it for me! :rolleyes:

From the Spoiler Speculations section there seems to be some for the bring back Bill Vaughn, Michael Vaughn's Dad to life and story-line and some not -- again if they have flashbacks of Michael and Bill Vaughn's life that will be fine with me too ;) :rolleyes: -- but I just don't find the bringing characters back to life in the Spy World -- unrealistic but plausible and not a bit tiresome at all! (y) ;) :cool:

I guess we will be divided on the issue but if you are not for the ideas of some fans what are your thoughts on where you like to the story-line plots to go with Alias! :smiley:

For the idea is to keep Alias alive and well for many season to come -- like an X-file show which lasted longer than ten years -- seasons!!! (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) ;) :cool: :D

Sorry for the long post, but I am trying to make a point even though we are all entitled to our opinions! :smiley:

Lynne

Lynne I have to say I agree with you. Would LOVE it if Bill Vaughn is alive. I know that no one ever stays dead on Alias, except people Jack kills...but I think it would be extremely interesting for him to return. My reasons:

1. I am SO curious as to what happened in the CIA twenty-some years earlier. Sloane, Emily, Jack, Irina, Brill, Bill Vaughn - I would LOVE some backstory on their endgames, why Sloane and Irina decided to get involved in Rambaldi, if Jack has an endgame, when/why did Irina kill Bill or fake his death (if he's alive)...and there are a lot of other things I'm wondering about from that time.

2. It would be a good story. The parallels between S/V are evident, but more than that, if BV faked his death, that means he's another character with an endgame. We'll be left wondering what that is exactly. Plus, Vaughn would be crushed to learn that the man he idolized faked his own death - or, perhaps did more sinister things. I still think BV is the head of the Covenant.

3. It would make Irina's endgame even more intriguing, IMO. If she didn't kill Bill (sorry for the pun) then what else from the past has she not done/done? Also, we'd have Sydney coming to terms with the fact that her mother DID NOT kill Vaughn's father. I'm sure she'd be somewhat relieved by that.

4. I just want him to come back! Don't ask why, I just do! Over at SD-1.net, we've been speculating as to who would play Vaughn's dad :lol: if he were to be alive. So far, the favorite seems to be Jeremy Irons. We've also got a lot of people who think Peter Fonda would be a good choice. I like Robert Redford, but I don't think he'd do Alias. Oh well.

Wasn't Peter Fonda supposed to play Lauren's dad? But then he couldn't at the last minute cause of his schedule?

I'd like to see Ian McKellan play Bill Vaughn. :D

Back