Alias Return + Finale Dates

Alias News

Official News Poster
Alias will finish its five-year run on ABC with its series finale Monday, May 22.

As previously reported, Alias will return with two-hour show at 8 p.m. ET Wednesday, April 19.

Thanks to member Alias_Gay.

from Zap2it.com

ABC Doubles Up in May

'Lost,' 'Grey's' among several shows getting two-hour finales

LOS ANGELES -- Chances are any ABC show you're currently watching will be going long when they end their seasons in May.

The network said Tuesday that the season finales for each of its three most popular scripted series -- "Lost," "Desperate Housewives" and "Grey's Anatomy" -- will run two hours. So will the season ender for "Boston Legal." And "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" and "America's Funniest Home Videos."

And the series finale of "Alias"? Yep, two hours. There will be a couple of regular-length finales as well, for "What About Brian" and "Invasion."

As for what actually will happen during those extra-long episodes, we don't know. ABC is thus far keeping quiet on the season-ending details for all the aforementioned shows.

All those extra hours means ABC will have to play around with its schedule some during May sweeps. "Brian" will end its season Monday, May 8 after just five episodes to make way for the "Grey's Anatomy" finale, the first of the two-hour extravaganzas. It will air over two nights: Sunday, May 14 and Monday, May 15. "Boston Legal" will end its season the next night.

On Sunday, May 21, "Home Edition" and "Desperate Housewives" will both finish their seasons in extended fashion, with the former airing at 7 p.m. ET and the latter at 9. The fun continues May 22, when "Alias" will finish its five-year run on the network -- a switch from the Wednesday timeslot it will occupy on its return to the schedule next month.

The move to Monday for "Alias" gets it out of the way of "American Idol's" final week and also makes room for "Lost" to finish the year with two hours' worth of mystery on Wednesday, May 24. "Lost" also had a two-hour finale last spring.

The "America's Funniest Home Videos" season-ender on Friday, May 19, will also celebrate the show's status as the longest-running entertainment program in ABC history. It premiered in 1990. "Invasion" will end its season Wednesday, May 17.

ABC also says that the long-gestating movie "Stephen King's Desperation" will air Thursday, May 18.

WOW!! :jawdrop: :thud:

yeah, I did the same thing ;)

I am mostly happy since ABC decided to move the finale out of AI finale ... you know ... most people will be watching AI ... and nothing on TV that night will make it ... so I think its a great decision on their part ... :woot:

I don't watch American Idol anyway, so their finale's no big deal to me - but I'm glad that Alias won't have to go against it thanks to a little smart planning to put its finale on a Monday. :cool:

those abc monkeys are crazy
i mean i knew alias was ending and i was shattered
but i was glad that LOST would still be there so i could watch more of JJ's stuff and now thats going
and DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES i dont love it as much as ALIAS and LOST but i still love it and thats going
AND ... boston legal
*runs off and cries*
stupid stupid tv people are wreckin all good shows
THERES NOTHING LEFT THATS DECENT ON TELEVEISION THIS F-N SUCKS

*sorry*

Im happy they're making the return AND finale of Alias two hours. That would suck if it was only an hour. I'm also happy for Grey's Anatomy, because next to Alias of course its my favorite show.

Do I cry or rejoice?

Why should I rejoice, you ask? Well...I hated this season. Not just because Vaughn died. The effects were good and all, but the plots were pretty predictable. We all expected someone to come back w/Project Helix.

Crying...obvious why. :-(

Spout time! It'll be a bloody miracle if they can wrap up Rambaldi to make sense out of all these years of mystical shenanigans, especially that season ender with the giant red ball and zombies (what a let-down!).

So sad it's ending, but me and the wife got pretty tired of being yanked around from week to week wondering what would actually air. TV didn't use to be so random.

Oh well, we can always watch Elektra on DVD to see pre-prego Jen kick butt!

JAbrams

OKay, so I read this a while ago, but I guess I didn't read it to well. Here's a funny story.

Okay, me and one of my Alias friends were just sitting talking about nothing in particualr, when we realized something...

I was looking at an Alias calenadr that she has, and said, "I can't wait till Alias starts." So we got into a conversation about Alias. Then, we were counting the days until it started, and how long until the finale, when we realized on the week of the finale we wound't be home at all. At the time we didn't realize that the finale had been switched to Monday, so we seriosuly thought that we were going to miss it. I swear to god I cryed. I'm not even joking I freakin cried. It was like the most depressing day of my life, but then my other Alias friend told us that the finale was switched to Monday (we don't go away till Tuesday.)

Thank god they did that or right now I would eb seriosuly depressed. It made me realize how much I really am going to miss Alias when it's done (well, I already knew I would miss it sooooo much, but now I really know, lol). So, I'm not sure if I should be happy it's returning soon or sad becasue it's over soon. It's so confusing, lol :blink: .

Anyway, I'll shut up now, considering I'm going on about nothing :blush:

~Andrea :angelic:

OKay, so I read this a while ago, but I guess I didn't read it to well. Here's a funny story.

Okay, me and one of my Alias friends were just sitting talking about nothing in particualr, when we realized something...

I was looking at an Alias calenadr that she has, and said, "I can't wait till Alias starts." So we got into a conversation about Alias. Then, we were counting the days until it started, and how long until the finale, when we realized on the week of the finale we wound't be home at all. At the time we didn't realize that the finale had been switched to Monday, so we seriosuly thought that we were going to miss it. I swear to god I cryed. I'm not even joking I freakin cried. It was like the most depressing day of my life, but then my other Alias friend told us that the finale was switched to Monday (we don't go away till Tuesday.)

Thank god they did that or right now I would eb seriosuly depressed. It made me realize how much I really am going to miss Alias when it's done (well, I already knew I would miss it sooooo much, but now I really know, lol). So, I'm not sure if I should be happy it's returning soon or sad becasue it's over soon. It's so confusing, lol :blink: .

Anyway, I'll shut up now, considering I'm going on about nothing :blush:

~Andrea :angelic:

Wow, Andrea, you're so cool :lol: I'm glad at least I read the article, or we'd all be depressed :lol:

I have been watching some of "Alias" old episodes ... season 3 when Syd was trying to get to know who Julia was ... I am up to where she stabbed Vaughn and he was left to die ... :(

Oh how I miss Alias ... and I don't want it to end :thud:

I kmnew it was ending before this. In a way im glad because i hated this season. Alias was changing for the worse.

But i'll still miss it.

I'm trying not to cry... Yes, I've been a bad Alias fan (slaps self) and I haven't been on here in a while. Luckilly I haven't lost the ability that Syd and Vaughn feel natural to type. Anyway... So yeah, it still hasn't sunk in that this is IT. The end. Finito. I haven't liked Alias this season too much, but watching the promo on ABC gets me so excited and I start making noises that cause my family to look at me, but I don't care. I can't wait until the final episodes and I bet that the creators have a great ending in store for us!

I have been watching some of "Alias" old episodes ... season 3 when Syd was trying to get to know who Julia was ... I am up to where she stabbed Vaughn and he was left to die ... :(

Oh how I miss Alias ... and I don't want it to end :thud:

same here i think im gona cry when it ends

I cant go on without ALIAS i wish they wouldnt of quit it. I was hoping there would be a show as Jennifer Garner's kid older and everything but i guess since there quiting well yea.

Back