Alias to move to Thursdays

Alias News

Official News Poster
Alias will begin the 2005-2006 television season in the fall but will move to Thursdays at 8PM (7 central), one of the most competitive hours on television.

CNN/Money said:
In announcing a fall lineup that included a dozen new series, ABC said Wednesday that it will move its spy drama "Alias" to Thursdays at 8 p.m. The news came just hours after The WB told prospective advertisers that its hit series "Smallville" will now air in the 8 p.m. time slot.

Both shows will go up against "Joey" on NBC and "Survivor" on CBS.

"The WB and ABC are taking some of their more familiar shows and moving them to Thursday just points out its going to be an exceedingly competitive time period," said Adgate, "and points out the popularity of Thursday night as a source of advertising revenues."
Full Article

Another quote on the move:
Forbes said:
Alias will move to its new 8 P.M. Thursday slot in September or early October, despite speculation that the show might be pushed back to mid-season due to star Jennifer Garner's reported (but as-yet-unannounced) pregnancy. It's expected ABC will have enough episodes of the series in the can to get through the fall with all original episodes; it's possible the skein could then take a two-month break in the winter to make room for one of the network's many backup dramas.

The Alphabet brass probably figure the show's loyal fan base will follow it anywhere, allowing the network to improve its weak Thursday performance, even if Alias scores only a respectable number.
Full Article

The Alphabet brass probably figure the show's loyal fan base will follow it anywhere, allowing the network to improve its weak Thursday performance, even if Alias scores only a respectable number

OK ... I will say this ... I am mad as hell with ABC with the move ... because I know how competititve the thursday night 8pm slot is ... if "Alias" can keep the viewers it has ... I am sure ABC will be happy ... I just hope that they don't decide to move it around like a crazy thing to see where it works better ...

And ABC better prepare themselves ... because we, the fans, solemly swear that we will follow "Alias" anywhere ... and we are not letting the show down ... ;)

Everybody swear with me ... :cool:

I'm concerned by this move. It’s possible that Alias could survive this, but this move puts Alias in danger of losing a lot of viewers.

This is making me nervous. The fourth season made me so confident that Alias would stand strong, but now... arghhh ABC is cruel!

But we must not lose faith!!

Alias_Gay said:
And ABC better prepare themselves ... because we, the fans, solemly swear that we will follow "Alias" anywhere ... and we are not letting the show down ...  ;)

Everybody swear with me ...  :cool:
[post="1346449"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I swear to follow "Alias" everywhere. I am not letting the show down

Interesting move... hope it goes well.

Oh god no. I've dreaded this from the tiem they said Alias isn't on Sundays anymore. :cry:

Thursdays is the worst day cause I have to tape stuff for my brother, etc. long story..but thursday is the worst posible day for me to watch something :banghead:

No matter where they put ALIAS, I will watch it!

Does anyone know what will be airing after ALIAS? Where is LOST going to be? Is that in the same time slot and if it is, what is going on after it?

Megan

Alias_Gay said:
OK ... I will say this ... I am mad as hell with ABC with the move ... because I know how competititve the thursday night  8pm slot is ... if "Alias" can keep the viewers it has ... I am sure ABC will be happy ... I just hope that they don't decide to move it around like a crazy thing to see where it works better ...

And ABC better prepare themselves ... because we, the fans, solemly swear that we will follow "Alias" anywhere ... and we are not letting the show down ...  ;)

I swear on it - we, the fans, solemnly swear that we will follow Alias anywhere...and we are not letting the show down.

Sydney L Bristow said:
I solemly swear to be faithful to Alias... even if it will be on at the same time as CSI! :(  ABC is a big poopie head!!!
[post="1347019"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

it will be at the same time as "Survivor" ... ;)

I swear to follow "Alias" everywhere. I am not letting the show down.

I am so f*cking angry at ABC right now. That is the worst time ever. It is the most competitive time slot on television. And it's also going against the OC (unless Fox moves that, which I hope they do, especially for Alias' sake). WHYYYYYYYYYYYA?????????!??////// <---angry. :hmm: Why can't they keep it on Wednesdays? It's been doing so well and it works really well after Lost.

I promise to watch Alias wherever and whenever and however it moves! Even if Friends was still on...Alias would trump it! Seriously...hasn't Survivor run it's course? :rolleyes: Reality TV in general I would think. I hope Alias does really well!

stupid stupid stupid decision by abc. I am fanatically loyal to alias so of course I will watch it no matter when it airs but it WILL get killed by the competition. 8pm?what in the WORLD is up with THAT??????????? sigh.....

Alias_Gay said:

i'm swearing: I swear that I will follow Alias <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>even if it moves to 2:00am on Monday morning </span>cuz I'm not about to miss the best show ever! (but let's not suggest any more crazy times, lest we give JJ any crazy ideas...)

And ABC better prepare themselves ... because we, the fans, solemly swear that we will follow "Alias" anywhere ... and we are not letting the show down ...  
Everybody swear with me ... 
So say we All

(so true but I could not resist the Battlestar Galactica reference.)

Back