Always Be Prepared

ohiochic2010 said:
It's irina. It's Irinia. It's Irinia. You wouldn'tbe so mean as to kill off Vaughn now would you???
[post="1398266"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Who said anything about killing that character off? I mentioned that someone died, I didn't say that it was this chapter.

Notice how I mentioned 9 chapters. If it were this chapter, I would have maybe said two.

And to be nice, the character who dies is

NOT Irina or Vaughn

Just to put your mind at ease.

ETA 2:
Just look at who's doing the shooting

but but but but............................. its cant be the other person!!!!! shes the one who called out to the person!!!! oo idk update soon? so i wont be so confuzzled
and to the second spoiler it doesnt say who

i will be so majorly P-I-S-E-D if vaughn died (and i did misspell that on purpose :D... its off of a movie) but i dont want irina or sydney to die either ... ::snaps fingers::...poof! no one died because that was the Magic of Reves... :D... im delusional at night time... :D... update soon

alias=mylife26 said:
but but but but............................. its cant be the other person!!!!! shes the one who called out to the person!!!! oo idk update soon? so i wont be so confuzzled
and to the second spoiler it doesnt say who
[post="1398312"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Reread the last chapter. The shooter called up and said that they had a chance to get The Hourglass.

I PROMISE. I WILL UPDATE TOMORROW.

2 Chapters, most likely.

Then we'll only have 3 left in this story. (Don't worry, I'm already working on the sequel.)

I promised I'd update, and I am.

Here's chapter 31

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>Chapter 31

“I’m going to the mall,” Hannah called out loudly.

“I’m coming with you,” Rebecca yelled back.

“No, you’re not!” Hannah yelled as loud as she could. Before she could get out the front door, Rebecca grabbed her and, looking her straight in the eye, said, “Yes, I am!”

As they walked out to the car, Rebecca demanded the car keys from Hannah. As she watched, Hannah stuck her hand into her pocket, and slowly brought the keys out. “Get in.”

Hannah sighed. Getting into the passenger seat, she watched out the window the whole ride to the mall.

“Where do you want to go first?” Rebecca asked when they arrived.

“I’m going in. You’re staying here.”

“I don’t think so, young lady.”

Hannah took off running towards the enterance, causing Rebecca to start running, too. Knowing right where she wanted to go, Hannah managed to get into Vanity before Rebecca could see where she had gone.

Taking a few clothes off the rack, she had an employee unlock a dressing room for her. Once inside, Hannah waited a few minutes until she heard a knocking. When she recognized the voice as Joshua, she opened the door and ushered him in. After a short kiss, he looked at her. “Do you have it all?”

“My dad keeps a stash in the basement.” Hannah pulled the envelope out of her pocket.

“Do you have the hair sample and the blood sample?”

“Here,” Hannah said, handing a smaller envelope and a small vial to Joshua.

“Good.”

“How long will the background check take?”

“It all depends on how much I find.”

“Let me know when you have something.”

“You got it.”

“I love you.”

“Thanks,” Joshua said and left.

~ ~ ~

Sydney was tense. A sniper had managed to hit both Mr. Raidon and her mother, and now she was in an old-fashioned showdown between Mr. Raidon’s guards and themselves. Another shot rang out and one of Masa’s guards dropped. The last guard aimed at the other CIA agent and shot, dropping him. The temporary distraction allowed Sydney to take him out. Picking up the phone that she had just recently got to replace the others, she called for a life flight out of their location.

While she and Vaughn waited for the helicopter to arrive, Sydney checked the pulses of everyone who had been shot. Mr. Raidon and his team were all dead, along with the other CIA agent that had been assigned to protect Irina. When Sydney finally got around to Irina, she wasn’t expecting much as she placed two fingers at Irina’s neck.

Sydney was pleasantly surprised, however, when she felt a pulse; it was weak, but it was present. Moving lower to the small hole right below Irina’s breasts, Sydney started applying pressure. Vaughn kneeled next to her. “Is there anything I can do?”

“We need to get the bullet out,” Sydney said on the verge of tears.

“There’s a first aid kit in the van. I’ll go get it.”

“Good.” Vaughn turned and ran back to the van. Coming back a short time later, he pulled out some long tweezers.

“Move your hand, Syd.”

“Are those sterile?”

“I assume so.”

“We need to be sure. Do you have a lighter?”

“No.”

“We need to find one.”

“Mr. Raidon smokes cigars, he should have one.”

“Go get it.”

Vaughn got up again, and returned this time with the lighter. Sydney kept her hand over the wound as Vaughn sterilized the tweezers.

“We need to get it out now.” Sydney nodded.

“We can’t do it through the shirt, though.” Sydney unfastened the buttons on Irina’s shirt up to a short distance above the bullet hole.

Vaughn looked at her. “Are you ready?”

“Yeah,” Sydney nodded. Vaughn slowly eased the tweezers into the small round hole. Irina arched her back with a gasp. “It’s okay, Mom. It’s okay.”

A few minutes later, Sydney heard Vaughn acknowledge that he felt it. When the tweezers came into view, they were holding a small round piece of metal. Quickly bandaging the wound, Sydney and Vaughn waited until the helicopter arrived and flew Irina to the nearest hospital.

“Are you okay?” Sydney asked Vaughn.

“I should be asking you that. You nearly lost your mother again.”

“Mom’s tough. She’ll make it through this.”

“Yeah.”

“How are you?”

“I’m ready to get home.”

“Amen to that.”

~ ~ ~

Two weeks later…

“Rebecca Williams,” Rebecca said, answering the phone.

“Can I please speak with Hannah?” Joshua said on the other end of the line.

“May I ask who’s calling?”

“Just tell her it’s an old friend.”

“I’ll need more than that.”

“It’s Joshua. We met when doing community service.”

“What do you need?”

“I’m really having a hard time, and she said that I could call her at any time if I needed any help.”

“Alright. I’ll go get her.”

“Thanks.”

Joshua waited until Hannah came on. “Get off, Mom,” she said in an annoyed voice. Joshua heard a click. “Okay. What is it?”

“I got the files you requested.”

“What’d you find out?”

“We need to meet in person. This isn’t something to say over the phone.”

“Vanity? Tomorrow?”

“Let’s shake it up. Let’s go to The Buckle.”

“What time?”

“Ten o’ clock.”

“I’ll be there.”

A dial tone indicated that the call was over. Joshua opened the first folder. You really need to get out of that family, Hannah, he thought to himself, looking at the information he had collected.

…TBC…
</span>

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>Chapter 32

Hannah quickly slipped into the changing room and waited for Joshua.

“Thanks for coming.” That statement was followed by a quick kiss.

“No problem, especially after what I found out.”

“You’ve been very cryptic. What did you find out?”

Reaching into the backpack that Hannah hadn’t even noticed that he’d brought in, Joshua filed through a mass of files. Pulling one out, he handed it to her.

“What’s this?”

“It’s everything I could dredge up on William Williams.”

“There’s not much in it!”

“That’s because William Williams isn’t his real name.”

“What? What is his real name?”

“Before we get to that, let me show you what I found on your father’s current name.”

Hannah flipped through the pages.

“I got phone records, urine test results, medical history, you name it, and I’ve got it.”

“So?”

“So, it’s all fake.”

“How do you know?”

“Because if you dig deep in each of these facts, depending on how deep you go, you’ll find that they were all fabricated. Someone made this stuff up.”

“Why?”

Joshua pulled out another file. “Because of this. Now you see why I wanted to meet with you in person.

Hannah looked shocked as she flipped through page after page of names and identities, each with an early picture of her father next to it.

“What’s this mean?”

“Either that your dad was just one of an identical multiple-birth of about thirty-some kids, which is impossible, or that he’s had a reason to assume other identities.”

“What do you mean? Is he a spy or something?”

“Not anymore, but he used to be.”

“WHAT?”

Handing Hannah another file, making her put the other two aside, opening it.

“KGB,” Hannah read quietly.

“That’s Russian intelligence.”

“My…dad’s…a…spy,” Hannah muttered slowly

“Yeah,” Joshua said slowly. “Sorry.”

“You have more files. What are they?”

“One is an in-depth look at his third deep-cover op. Do you remember when I said that if you dig deep enough that his current identity wouldn’t stand up to the scrutiny?”

“Yeah.”

“This one is nothing like that. He’s got a birth record and everything. This identity…this alias…it’s airtight.”

“But you have more files. What are they?”

“He had a family when he was undercover.”

“A family?”

“He even had a son. You’ve got a brother.”

“I do?”

“Well, a half-brother anyway.”

Joshua handed the files on Michael C. Vaughn and William Vaughn. Opening the one for William first, she skimmed it quickly. Next she picked up the file on Michael C. Vaughn. “This is my brother?”

“Yeah.”

Looking it over some more, Hannah looked up at Joshua. “I need a plane ticket to Los Angeles.”

“You’re on your own there.”

Hannah nodded. “I’m going to find my brother.”

“Good luck.”

~ ~ ~

“We should pick up J. D. before we get home.”

“Jack can take care of him for a little bit longer, can’t he?”

“Well, yeah, but…”

“But what? Can’t we enjoy ourselves for just a bit?”

“Vaughn,” Sydney said with a smile.

“What do you say?”

“There’s a Super 9 right there.”

“Do you want me to pull in?”

“Yeah,” Sydney nodded.

“Good.”

~ ~ ~

When Hannah got home, she waited for her mom to take a shower. While she was occupied, Hannah opened the purse and pulled out the Discover card.

…TBC…
</span>

cinders
aliaschiksv47
alias_luver
alias=mylife26
AusGal
Brinne
frangipani
freaky
ILOVEALIAS27
KAC