Always Have and Always Will

Just had an idea and figured i'd make it a little cute fiction about S/V...its a one parter but a long one at that! Hope you like!

What if Sydney Bristow and Michael Vaughn had meet when they were little, would they still have fell in love? Would it be love at first sight? Or would it remained suppressed until neither of them could fight it anymore?

Always Have and Always Will

Sydney Bristow sat on the couch in her living room, of the house that she shared with her boyfriend. She was wearing sweatpants and a tank top, while sipping a cup of coffee and flipping through a yearbook…a high school year book.

While she was flipping the pages quite content in her actions, the phone rang and pulled her out of her thoughts

“Hello?” She asked into the receiver

“Syd!”

“Vaughn?!”

“Yeah, its me”

“Oh my god, I haven’t talked to you in a couple weeks…how are you?”

“I’m great…I’m just about done with my training. They’re stationing me in L.A”

“Are you serious? Your moving back here?”

“Yeah, I am”

“That’s great!”

“Look, I gotta go, but I just wanted you to be the first one to know. I cant wait to see you, I miss you”

“Ok, I miss you to Vaughn!”

“I’ll call you first thing, ,when I know when I’m coming back”

“Bye Vaughn”

“Bye Syd”

And she hung up the phone…just then a man about 6 foot, medium build, with blonde hair and blue eyes walked into the room.

“Hey baby”
“Hey Casey”

She got up from the couch and greeted him with a kiss

“Who was that on the phone?”

“Oh, Vaughn…”

“Hows he doing?”

“Hes moving back to L.A…the CIA has stationed him here”

“So hes gonna be working with you?”

“Yeah, isn’t that great?”

“I guess so”

“You guess so? Is there a problem?”

“No…”

“Casey..don’t lie. I know somethings wrong”

“Fine…its just that ever since I met you, that guy has been attatched to your hip”

“He’s my best friend Casey, how many times do I have to tell you that?”

“Maybe that’s what you think. But I see it in his eyes, he thinks of you as more”

“Yeah, probably his sister. I have known him since I was 8”

“Whatever you say”

“I hate it when you do this”

“Do what?!”

“Don’t believe me and think that I’m lying!”

“I don’t think that your lying…I just don’t trust that guy with you alone”

“Well get used to it, because hes gonna be around a lot. He’s my best friend and theres nothing you can do to change that”

“Best friend…yeah right”
Sydney just kept getting madder and madder at him with every stupid remark he made.

It was true. She had known Michael Christopher Vaughn since she had moved into the house next door from him when she was 8 years old. Ever since then, the two had been inseparable. Michael had become something like an older brother to her. He was 2 years older. Every time Sydney had problems with a boy, Michael would offer to beat him up for her, he was so protective, just like a brother.

~*~ FLASHBACK
A teenage girl about 16 is sitting outside…its Sydney

Sydney is sitting on her front porch, crying. She hears someone walk up the stairs and sit down next to her

“Syd…whats wrong?”

She looks up to see her best friend, Michael Vaughn

She doesn’t answer.

He moves next to her and puts his arm around her shoulders and pulls her in closer to him, hugging her and rubbing her back

“Sydney…I know only one person besides me who can make you cry when they want too” He said jokingly

“Paul…” The only word that she could manage out in between her cries and sniffles

“What did he do to you?”

“He…he…he broke up with me”

“He did what?!” He said almost yelling, yet pulling her away to look into her eyes

“Vaughn…please don’t make me say it over again” She said staring up into his gorgeous hazel green eyes

“Shh…sweetie its ok, come here”

He stood up and took her hand and pulled her in close

“Sydney, listen to me”

She looked up

“Paul was just a boy who wasn’t good enough for you. You have to believe me ok? I mean what isn’t there to like? Your captain of the Varsity Soccer Team and your only a sophmore, your all state in every sport that you play. Your incredibly smart and will get into any college that you apply to. And not to mention…your beautiful, both inside and out. If he cant see that, then theres something wrong with him”

“Vaughn? Do you really mean that?”

“Of course I do”

He smiled down at her and gave her a kiss on the top of her head

“Hes just a stupid boy who was never good enough for Sydney Bristow…remember that”

~*~ END FLASHBACK

“Sydney!” She was pulled out of her memory

“What do you want me to do?”

“I want you to not work with him”

“That’s not possible”

“Well then make it possible”

“Or what? Huh Casey? You’ll break up with me”

He didn’t answer

“You cannot be serious…your acting like your 5!”

“Sydney…if you do not figure out a way not to work with him, I’m leaving”

“I will not let you boss me around”

“Fine, then don’t let me”

He turned and went to grab his coat and keys

“Where are you going?”

“For a drive”

“When are you coming back?”

“When I feel that I can talk to you when your rational”

“I am rational, you aren’t”

“If by the time that I come back, you don’t change your mind, I’m leaving…for good”

He turned around and walked straight ahead to the door, opened it and walked out down the long driveway. He climbed into his BMW and sped off down the road.

She walked back to the couch and went back to looking at her yearbook.

Just then she turned to the pages with all the sports pictures.

~*~ FLASHBACK

Michael Vaughn opened the door to his house and walked next door and rang the door bell

“Hi Irina”

“Ah, Michael, please come in”

“Thanks, is Sydney ready for school yet?”

She called up the stairs

“SYDNEY SWEETIE…MICHAELS HERE TO BRING YOU TO SCHOOL”

There was no answer

She turned to him

“Did she tell you what happened last night?”

“Yeah, she was pretty wrecked”

“She loved him, and he broke her heart”

“Don’t worry, I’ll make sure he pays”

“Micahel…don’t do anything stupid”

“I wont, don’t worry…I wont”

Sydney still hadn’t come downstairs.

“You can go get her if you want”

“OK”

Michael turned and walked up the stairs. He took the first left and then went down a long hall to Sydney’s room. Her house reminded him of his. Very large, and luxurious.

He knocked on her door.

“Syd? You in there?”

“Yeah sorry, come in”

He opened the door to find her putting her shoes on

“Your early today, you know that right?”

“Yeah sorry”

“When I heard you open the door I practically put anything on”

“Well you look great…I just wanted to take you out for breakfast before school”

“Your the best friend ever!”

“Yeah I know. I guess the fact that I’m a senior and I have a car makes me an even better friend too” He said jokingly

“Yeah, actually…its not every day that a sophmore gets driven around by a senior”

“Well your not an ordinary sophmore”

They exchanged a smile

Sydney grabbed her book bag and pocketbook and walked out off her room, with Michael following close behind

~*~ END FLASHBACK

Sydney remembered that day as if it were yesterday. He always knew how to cheer her up and she wasn’t going to give that up for a boy.

She had been going out with Casey for almost 2 years now…even though she loved him she couldn’t picture her life without her best friend Michael Vaughn.

Sydney looked down to find herself on the page with the pictures of seniors…

She skimmed it to find “PAUL WEBSTER” was written under his picture
Sydney couldn’t help but laugh, she remembered the day that his senior picture was taken, he had a black eye. Then she remembered why

~*~ FLASHBACK

It was the same day that Michael had taken her out to breakfast, it was now the end of the day and it was time for soccer practice.

She was getting the team ready to lead them in stretches, as captain this was her job.

On the other side of the field, the boys varsity soccer team was playing a practice game and the football team was next to them running some drills.

She turned her head when she heard a fight start to break out.

Sydney ran over to see what was going on, only to find Paul and Michael fighting.

She found her way into the center and pulled Paul off of Michael, even though Michael was holding his own.

“PAUL WHAT DO YOU THINK YOUR DOING?”

“What me? He came after me first”

She turned to Vaughn

“Is that true?”

“Well Syd…”

“VAUGHN! ANSWER THE QUESTION!”

“Yeah, I did”

“Why?”

“Because Sydney, he hurt you…and that hurt me seeing you like that”

Paul began to laugh

“o0oh, I think Michael Vaughn has a little crush on Sydney Bristow” He shouted

Sydney begin to retaliate

“PAUL WOULD YOU SHUT UP! YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU’RE TALKING ABOUT! MICHAEL VAUGHN IS THE BEST PERSON THAT I KNOW IN THE ENTIRE WORLD. HE IS TEN TIMES A BETTER PERSON THAN YOU WILL EVER BE, AND HE JUST HAPPENS TO BE MY BEST FRIEND. JUST LEAVE IT AT THAT”

Paul was shocked, but couldn’t let himself be embarrassed by a girl

“What? So now he has to get his best friend whose a girl stick up for him?”

Sydney couldn’t take it anymore.

She turned around looked him in the eye and punched him right in the face, knocking to the ground right next to Vaughn.

She bent down and extended her hand to Michael and picked him up.

“Come on, lets get outta here before I punch him again”

She helped Michael up and walked off the field with him, leaving everyone staring at the both of them in shock.

~*~ END FLASHBACK

Then she knew her answer. She couldn’t let some guy come between her and Vaughn. They had been through to much in their friendship. He was the one person that she could trust her life with and talk to about anything. She had to admit that she didn’t even trust her life with Casey.

Her mind was made up, if she had to chose between Casey and Michael, her boyfriend o or her best friend…it was easy.

She heard Casey’s car pull up in the drive way and she braced herself to tell him who she had chosen.

He opened the door and looked at her

“Have you made up your mind?”

“Yeah…”

“Good”

He went into their room and Sydney followed

He put the tv on and sat down on the bed

Sydney was confused
“Wait…I didn’t even tell you my choice”

“Well I figured that you pick me, I mean I am your boyfriend”

“You are unbelievable Casey!”

“I know!”

“No…you don’t understand…I chose Vaughn”

“WHAT?!”

“YEAH YOU HEARD ME, I CHOSE MICHAEL VAUGHN. WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO SPELL IT OUT FOR YOU?”

“NO THERES NO NEED FOR THAT. I KNEW IT ALL ALONG”

“KNEW WHAT?”

“THAT YOU LOVED HIM, THAT YOU WANTED HIM AND THAT YOU JUST SETTLED FOR ME”

“HOW COULD YOU EVEN THINK THAT?”

“YOU’RE GIVING ME ENOUGH REASONS RIGHT NOW…GOD SYDNEY YOU PICKED YOUR BEST FRIEND WHO HAPPENS TO BE A GUY, OVER YOUR BOYFRIEND WHAT THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO THINK?”

“YOUR SUPPOSED TO REALIZE THAT I LOVE YOU BUT I WONT LET YOU COME BETWEEN ME AND MICHAEL, NOT NOW, NOT EVER!”

Paul was getting fed up pretty quickly…so he walked out of the bedroom and out of the house. He called back behind him

“I LOVE YOU MORE THAN YOU WILL EVER KNOW, BUT I CANT DO THIS…GOOD BYE SYDNEY”

And he got into his car and drove out of Sydney’s life…forever…he was gone

She went back into the house with tears pouring down her face.

The choice she had made would change the rest of her life. She now lived in an amazing house that she had planned on sharing with Paul, and eventually starting a family with him in. She was 24 years old and was looking to find “the one”. Sydney wanted to be married young, she always had. But now…things had changed. She had no one.

She curled up in bed and just starting hysterically crying.

The phone rang and she didn’t pick up, she let the answering machine go on

“HI YOU’VE REACHED THE HOUSE OF SYDNEY AND CASEY…PLEASE LEAVE A MESSAGE AND WE WILL GET BACK TO YOU THE FIRST CHANCE WE GET…THANK YOU BYE!”

She’d have to change that soon

“BEEP!”

“HEY SYD…ITS VAUGHN. I UHH…I WAS JUST CALLING TO LET YOU KNOW THAT IM CATCHING A FLIGHT IN TODAY…”

That’s all she needed to hear before she picked up the phone

“Vaughn..its me”

“hey sweetie…” he paused
“Are you ok?”

“Yeah, im fine”

“I can hear it in your voice…what’s wrong and try not lying this time”

“Uh…Casey and I broke up…today…he just left”

“Don’t worry Syd…I’ll be right over….”

“I thought you weren’t getting a flight til later”

“No, im actually here now”

“Really?” She couldn’t hide the excitement in her voice

“Yeah, I was going to surprise you..SURPRISE”

Just then the door bell rang.

“You cant be serious”

“Aren’t you going to see who it is?”

She ran to the door and opened it only to find her very best friend in the world.

There he was, Michael Vaughn…standing in the doorway with a goofy smile on his face.

Sydney dropped the phone and jumped into his arms.

“VAUGHN!”

“WOW…HEY TO YOU TOO”

“You have no idea how much I missed you”

“I missed you too Sydney…like you wouldn’t believe”

He went to let her go

“No…please, don’t let me go, I just need you to hold me right now”

He wanted her to say that…the truth was that he had missed seeing her everyday…Since they went to college they only saw each other a few times a month but talked on the phone every night. After college, Michael moved to New York and Sydney got a boyfriend. So it had been a while…they still spoke on the phone at least 2 times a week and saw each other at least 2 each month, but they had drifted apart.

And as much as he didn’t want to admit it to anyone else, he was falling for Sydney Bristow, the amazing girl who turned into a beautiful woman, who just happened to be his best friend in the world.

But what Michael didn’t know was that ever since she had met him, she had compared every guy she ever met or dated to Michael. Maybe that was why it never worked out, because Michael set his standards so high, so that no guy would ever be good enough for her.

“I’m never letting you go…never again”

He pulled her closer to him and picked her up, carrying her into the house and setting her down on the couch.

“Stay here, I’m just going to get my bags…we have to talk..”

He walked out of the house and she didn’t take her eyes off of him. Then he walked back into the house and sat across from her. He took her hand in his and looked into her eyes.

“Its been a while” he spoke

“Too long”

“I’m glad im back”
“ Me too…I missed you so much Vaughn”

“I missed you too” He reached forward and hugged her not wanting to let her go

But he had to…

When he pulled back he saw that she was crying

“Syd…sweetie whats wrong?”

“I-I-…I just cant believe its really over”

“Syd, I don’t know how many times im going to have to tell you this…”

“ I know,,he wasn’t good enough for me”

“No guy will ever be good enough for you. Sydney…you’re my best friend in the entire world, and I know you better than you know yourself. You are truly the most amazing person that I have ever known. Believe it or not, I remember when we first met, you were 8 and I was 10. From that day on, I knew that I would always try and protect you, because you were my best friend. I watched you date some pretty good guys, and some bad ones. No matter how good or bad they were, they were never good enough for my little Sydney…and they never will be”

“Vaughn…”

“Sydney, its true.”

She couldn’t let herself but be a little mad at him

“VAUGHN WHY DO YOU ALWAYS HAVE TO DO THIS TO ME!”

He was shocked as to why she was yelling at him

“Do what?”

“YOU KNOW THAT YOUR OPINION MEANS SO MUCH TO ME. I LOOK TO YOU FOR ADVICE FOR EVERYTHING THAT I DO, AND I ALWAYS WILL BECAUSE YOU MEAN SO MUCH TO ME”

“Syd…”

“No please let me finish…”

“OK”

“Every guy that I have ever met, I knew that they weren’t good enough…you know how I know?”

“No”

“Not because you told me, but because I always compared them to you. How smart they were, how cute they were, how sweet they were, how caring…even how they hugged me and told me I would be ok…I compared them to you and they never came close. Do you see what I mean. I always knew that no one would ever compare to you, but I just took what I could get, as close as I could get because I knew…that no one would ever be you, or even close”

“Syd…”

“You don’t have to respond right now, I know its a lot, but it’s the truth. Its why Casey broke up with me.”

“What?”

“He made me chose…between him and you…and I picked you…”

“I cant believe him”

“Neither could I”

“Sydney, if I knew me coming back was going to mess your future up with Casey I would have never come back, as much as it would have killed me”

“Don’t be sorry for coming back…please don’t”

“I’m not…but I am sorry that it had to end up this way”

“Me to…I mean, I thought that Casey was the guy that I’d spend forever with, because I couldn’t have you. I was ready to settle down and get engaged and start a family…but now I have to start from scratch again, I have no one, I have nothing”

“Syd…don’t say that please. You just don’t have him…but you have me”

He looked into her eyes and picked her chin up with his soft, gentle hands

“Sydney…I know that we have been through so much, as friends…I have told you I love you before as your friend..but the truth is that I love you so much more than as a friend. I had to sit there and watch every time you had a jerky boyfriend and I wanted to kill them everytime. But I thought they made you happy, so I just let you be. The truth is that I gave you my heart years ago…and you never gave it back”

“Vaughn…I had no idea…”

“Syd, I know that dumping this on you is a lot to handle, but I just needed you to know, before I came back for good. I just need you to know…I love you, always have and always will, even if you don’t feel the same way”

“No Vaughn that’s not it at all…since we were in high school and you beat up my boyfriend because he dumped me….I fell for you then and have been falling deeper and deeper since…I love you too, always have and always will”

“Syd…look at me”

He took her hand in his and looked her straight in the eyes. Michael slowly stood up, motioning for Sydney to follow suit

He took her in his arms and just stood there hugging her.

Michael looked down into her eyes, closed his eyes and bent his head down.

They shared their first kiss ever, in their 16 year relationship

This moment was magical for both of them, it was full of emotion and passion, care and love.

It went on for what seemed to be forever and started to become more heated, as Vaughn’s hands moved from her waist to the bottom of her tank top. He didn’t know how she would respond, but quickly found out.

Syd took her hands from his neck and moved them down to take his jacket off of his shoulders. She let it fall to the ground as Vaughn lifted the tank top off of her head and let it fall beside his jacket. Syd unbuttoned his shirt, while continuing to make out with him in the middle of her living room.

He pulled back, and Syd was confused.

Out of breath she spoke

“Why did you stop?”

“Because…I don’t want it to be to soon for you, you just broke up with Casey”

“No, don’t think that at all…please don’t. I’ve been wanting this for the longest time, and now its here. I don’t want to think twice, I don’t have to…I want you Michael”

Hearing her say his name made him melt and a smile spread across his lips.

“Me too, Syd”

He picked her up and walked over to the couch where he sat her down, never stopping kissing her.

Michael lowered him self on top of Syd and whispered into her hear

“I love you Sydney…always have and always will”

Ahhh! Are you gonna continue? If you do, can I get a PM? You could have them work in the CIA together! ;)

S/V

Hey everyone thanks so much for you amazingly kind words...im debating whether i should make a sequel cuz i had only intended on making it a one parter...plus i still have to finish my other fic *I Always Knew*-but im taking a short break from writing that..in the meantime i'll most likely end up posting another long one parter sequel to this...thanks and i'll b sure to PM everyone

The sequel sounds great! I'll definately read it!! I'm hooked on this one! Do u watch Las Vegas... *looks at you with I-know-what-you-did-last-night-look* ...cuz it kinda sounds like Danny and Mary (eww-I like Danny and Sam together, but I love this idea applied to Syd and Vaughn...) ...so... DO you watch Las Vegas?? lool- :rolleyes:

you HAVE to make a sequel! this story was absolutely AWSOME! LoL please PM me when u make a sequel (please,please,please make a sequel!)

Back