Politics America: Right or Wrong Direction

Do you feel that, overall, America is today heading in the ...?

• I am an American; Right direction

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am an American; Wrong direction

• I am NOT an American; Right direction

• I am NOT an American; Wrong direction

• Total voters
ALIAS_RULES said:
I'm talking abuot people being suspected of beign terrorists, under The Patriot Act. Quite Ironic name...
[post="984167"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
:lol: ....ohh as for that then....they can't do any harm to them...but we can kick them out of our country...I mean there ILLEGAL...I mean I know our borders are tight...but I mean who wants to move here :thinking: ...If I could I'd move somewhere else....

VaughnsAHottie said:
:lol: ....ohh as for that then....they can't do any harm to them...but we can kick them out of our country...I mean there ILLEGAL...I mean I know our borders are tight...but I mean who wants to move here :thinking: ...If I could I'd move somewhere else....
[post="984174"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
True, well under Kerry, he proposes to change some of the immigration laws to make them more fair.

ALIAS_RULES said:
True, well under Kerry, he proposes to change some of the immigration laws to make them more fair.
[post="984177"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
But that brings me back to my first comment of why even come here...you have to be here a certain amount of time to become a citizen I think for me it was like 10 years or something :thinking: I'll look into it....I mean most jobs they take here are felgercarb! They'd probably be better from were their from?

Sorry I didn't mean to make it sound like we were the only country that helps out. It just seems like other countries want our money but don't want to hear our opinions and suggestions. Yes the American flag was put up for a few minutes, but if you keep watching the tape someone took it down and put up the Iraqi flag. They didn't want it to seem we were taking over their country. I understand other countries aren’t like America, but I wish everyone had as much freedom as we do.

I did keep watching. It doesn't matter how long the flag was up there, the point was that those soldiers thought it was appropriate to fly their flag in somebody else's country. It shouldn't have been up there at all. It was a disgusting and embarassing moment for America, and was fuel for those people who believed the US had gone into Iraq with an ulterior motive.

Like I said, even if (and I'm sure this is the case), the US didn't want to look like they were taking over, those soldiers - and the government - need to take a long hard look at the way they approach situations like this. And this certainly wasn't a one-off. Surely they can't wonder why peole are wary of them.

Natalia said:
I did keep watching. It doesn't matter how long the flag was up there, the point was that those soldiers thought it was appropriate to fly their flag in somebody else's country. It shouldn't have been up there at all. It was a disgusting and embarassing moment for America, and was fuel for those people who believed the US had gone into Iraq with an ulterior motive.

Like I said, even if (and I'm sure this is the case), the US didn't want to look like they were taking over, those soldiers - and the government - need to take a long hard look at the way they approach situations like this. And this certainly wasn't a one-off. Surely they can't wonder why peole are wary of them.
[post="984252"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
That's certainly how many Iraqis perceievd the situation.

I think we're definitely heading in the right direction... as long as Bush is the president. If John Kerry is elected, I will have to change my vote in this poll, because I believe that he doesn't know how to lead our country. I only feel safe with Bush as president, because he wants to protect our country.

This country is definitely headed in the wrong direction. It has been hijacked by the far right, and they're driving us straight off a cliff. War, recession, insolvency with the International Monetary Fund, isolation in the world, our civil rights imperiled by the Patriot Act . . . Don't blame me. I voted for Al Gore. :angry:

The scary thing is that in the US a movie star turned politician can get up on international television, talk about 'girlie men', and be considered a hero for doing so.

And, by the way, I think Kerry is worried about national security too....

It's the same as in Australia at the moment. As soon as somebody doesn't want to storm into every country with guns blazing, they are accused of not caring about national security.

Gross hyperbole? I think not. Name any other country where most of the citizens don't think Bush is an arrogant jerk. The Spanish are certainly not too happy with us right now. Tony Blair supports this war, but the British people don't; and it's going to cost him in the next election. "Coalition of the Willing?" Yeah, right. :angry:

It certainly isn't. Look at the protests in places like Rome. Say you like Bush in Australia and you may be lynched (well, not quite, but you get what I mean).

From what I have read about Bush and America in general in newspapers, I would fear for my life being an American in India. Speak to the people on the streets of India (as I have), and they will rant about Bush until the cows come home. :smiley: That is a country with well over a billion people, and I think it would be in the best interests of the US to pay attention to all the negativity Bush is creating.

Do you see any votes in this poll from non-Americans saying they like Bush?

Of course, when voting in an election you have to think about how the potential president will help your country, but when you are the most powerful nation in the world (USA), it is important for you to think about the image of your country you want to present to the rest of the world.

Our prime minister supporting Bush has brought us nothing but multiple terrorist attacks and a lot of uncertainty and hatred. Before Bush, Islamic extremists would never have thought of targeting Australia.

Ophelia said:
Gross hyperbole?  I think not.  Name any other country where most of the citizens don't think Bush is an arrogant jerk.  The Spanish are certainly not too happy with us right now.  Tony Blair supports this war, but the British people don't; and it's going to cost him in the next election.  "Coalition of the Willing?"  Yeah, right.  :angry:
[post="1003414"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
The burdon of proof is on you. Show me the hatred, not from 5 people shown on the news in europe.

Natalia said:
Of course, when voting in an election you have to think about how the potential president will help your country, but when you are the most powerful nation in the world (USA), it is important for you to think about the image of your country you want to present to the rest of the world.

[post="1003485"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
The security of this nation should be put well, well ahead of our image.

My friend and I went to the movies the other night and while we were waiting for her dad we noticed a pretty water thingy. Like where water shoots up in pretty patterns. And then we realized that in a month that thing wastes enough water being pretty that could probably save thousands of lives.

And you wanna know whats wrong with the economy, people want to make more money and pay less. Somethings gotta give!

But don't get me wrong I love this country fiercly, wouldn't trade it for anywhere else in the world, and I think the people here are amazing!
Lucy ;)

Back