American Princess

Chapter 28
The following Friday Sydney began her three hour drive to Michael’s parent’s house and hoped that she wouldn’t get lost. She had gotten directions from two websites and mapped out her route and of course, was prepared to call Michael if she got lost. But she was able to find her way there without getting lost at all.

She pulled into the suburban neighborhood and observed the small, modest houses with large trees and swing sets in the back yard as she searched for the proper address. Finally she found it at the dead end of a street next to a large farm. She recognized it immediately because of Michael’s description of their mail box which was indeed unique; there was no other way of putting it. She parked her car out front, grabbed her bag from the back seat, walked up to the front door and nervously rang the bell.

A tall, thin, black haired woman answered the door. “Oh you must be Sydney.” She smiled. “I’m Amelia Vaughn, Michael’s mother.”
“Hi.” Sydney smiled nervously.
“Come on in. Did you have any trouble finding us?” She asked.
“No, not at all.” Sydney said.
“Syd!” Michael smiled as he came into the hall.
“Hey.” She said as she gave him a tight hug.
“Come on and meet everyone.” He said as he pulled her towards the back of the house where the faint sound of a baseball game was heard. “Guys this is Sydney.” Michael said. “Syd this is my dad and my sister Jill.”
“Hi.” Sydney said nervously.
“Nice to meet you.” Bill Vaughn said without turning away from the baseball game.
“Come sit next to me.” Jill smiled.
“Okay.” Sydney said. Michael took her bag from her and she went and sat down next to Jill.
“You looked soooooo awesome at the Grammy awards. That dress was the coolest.” Jill grinned.
“Thanks.” Sydney blushed.
“Mikey’s never brought a girl home before... I was beginning to worry about him.” Jill smiled.
“That’s great Jill, thanks.” Michael groaned as he sat on the couch next to Sydney.
“Sure.” Jill smiled angelically at him. “So Sydney how old are you?”
“I just turned twenty one.” Sydney told her.
“Cool. I’m going to be seventeen in a few weeks. Mikey’s going to buy me a car.”
“Um no, I’m not.” He said.
“Why!!” She whined.
“Because you don’t need a car.” He said.
“But you have an extra million dollars just lying around....”
“No, I don’t. And even if I did I still wouldn’t get you a car.” He said.
“It’s because you don’t love me...” She said dejectedly.
“Yes, that’s why.” He rolled his eyes.
“Ugh I’m sick of baseball... Sydney do you want to go see Van Gogh with me?” Jill asked.
“Jill leave her alone she just got here.” Michael sighed.
“Who’s Van Gogh? Like the painter?” Sydney asked.
“Jill’s horse.” Michael told her.
“She has a horse?” Sydney asked.
“Yeah... well sorta. Come on we’ll go see him.” Jill said as she grabbed Sydney’s hand and practically yanked her off the couch.
“I’ll come to protect you.” Michael sighed. Sydney laughed slightly and followed them out the door.
“We keep him at the farm right here.” Jill explained as they began walking through the tall grass.
“How long have you had him?” Sydney asked.
“Four years.” Jill said.
“Yeah she went through a phase where she just had to have one.” Michael mocked as he put an arm around Sydney’s shoulders.
“Shut up butt-munch.” Jill snapped.
“You shut up monkey brains.” Michael retorted. Sydney looked up at him, barely able to keep herself from bursting out laughing. He just smiled down at her. “Anyway Mom and Dad gave in and now we rent the horse... though Jill stopped competing last year...”
“Now he’s just a pet.” Jill added.
“Yeah, a very expensive one.” Michael rolled his eyes.
“Whatever.” Jill said as they walked into the barn. “Van! Vannie! We’re here to see you.” She called in a motherly voice.

Just then a gray horse stuck its head out of its stall and Jill walked over to it and began to stroke its nose. “Hey Vannie, did you miss me?” As Sydney walked closer she saw that Van was mostly gray but had tiny white spots all over his back. “Van, this is Sydney. Sydney Van.”
“Hello Van.” Sydney smiled as she too began to pet the horse’s nose. “So where did the name Van Gogh come from?”
“Well look at his back. It looks like the stars... and Vincent Van Gogh painted that portrait “starry night” so....” Jill shrugged.
Sydney looked to Michael who raised his hands in defeat. “She named him, not us.”
“Alright.” Sydney laughed.
“Come on you can rid him if you like.” Jill smiled as she pulled Van out of his stall. When he did so Sydney backed herself up against Michael.
“Are you scared of the horse Sydney?” He whispered.
“It’s big.” She said unsurely. He laughed slightly at her.
“Have you ever ridden before?” Jill asked as she began to saddle the horse.
“No...”
“Oh it’s easy.” Jill said.
“You know I think I’ll just.... pet him.” Sydney said as she began to stroke Van’s mane. Van turned his head and made a noise at her that caused her to jump back and scream slightly. Michael laughed at her; she glared at him.
“Come on Syd. I’ll ride with you...” He said.
“Ew no. You’re not allowed to get frisky on my horse. You’ll scar him for life!” Jill said. Michael hit her on the back side of her head with part of the reigns.
“Come on Syd; it’s ok I promise.” Michael said. Sydney nodded cautiously and watched as he climbed up on Van first. Then he reached his hand out for Sydney to hold on to. She took it cautiously and put her foot in the stirrup to climb on the horse. After three attempts she finally made it on and when she did he moved slightly causing her to scream and grab Michael’s waist tightly.
“Syd it’s ok.” He said calmly, trying to loosen her death grip.
“It’s really high.” She moaned from behind him. Jill rolled her eyes as Van began to walk forward.
“Syd you’re killing me; loosen up here.” He said, poking her hands.
“Sorry.” She said as she pulled her arms back slightly.
“See this is nice right?” He asked.
“I guess.” She said.
“So now that we’re... relatively alone...” He began. She giggled slightly. “How was your drive?”
“It was good.” She said. “I didn’t get lost.”
“Very good.” He said. “Sorry about my family; they’re nuts.”
“It’s ok.” She laughed. “Jill’s sweet.”
“Oh yeah... she’s something.” He groaned.
“Aww you guys are so cute.” Sydney giggled.
“Oh yes we’re adorable. Until we start killing each other.” He said. “When we were younger it was so bad.”
“Really?” She asked.
“Oh yeah. My mom couldn’t leave us alone in the room together.” He said.
“But you’re almost seven years older than her.” She said.
“Please, don’t rub it in.” He grimaced.
“Okay.” She laughed. “So what are we doing this weekend?”
“Um horseback riding.” Michael said.
“Really?” Sydney gulped.
“No.” He laughed. “I don’t want to torture you.”
“Good.” She sighed.
“No but I figured we’d just hang out. I think tomorrow we’re going to have a barbeque.” He said.
“Cool.” She said. “Oh I um, got that internship.”
“You did?” He asked excitedly.
“Yeah.” She said.
“That’s wonderful. Are you going to take it?” He asked.
“I don’t know... I mean it’s a lot... I’d have to find a place in LA and....”
“Stay with me.” He interrupted her.
“What?” She gasped.
“Yeah. Stay with me for the summer.” He said.
“I don’t know... I mean that would be like moving in together...”
“Yeah, so?” He laughed slightly. “It’s just... it’s a big house and... my album is coming out in July so I wont even be there the whole time because I’ll be doing press and stuff... please, I really want you to.” He said.
“I... I’ll think about it.” Sydney told him.
“Alright.” He said.
“Good... now can we get off the horse please?” She asked nervously.
He laughed. “Sure.”

Chapter 29
After spending the weekend with Michael and his family Sydney’s decision about whether or not to move to LA for the summer couldn’t have been easier.
“Why are you smiling like that?” Michael asked as they were sitting out on a blanket watching the sunset in his parent’s back yard on Sunday evening.
She shrugged. “Can’t I just smile?”
“Of course you can.” He said. “But this smile is... different somehow.”
“How?” She asked.
“I dunno just different.” He laughed.
“Well if you must know... I made a decision.” She said.
“Regarding?” He asked.
“LA.” She said. “I’m taking the internship.”
“Really?” He asked.
“Yes.” She giggled.
Michael hugged her tightly and buried his face in her neck. “We’re going to have the best summer.” He sighed.
“I’m counting on it.” She said. “This has been the best weekend.”
“Yeah? You really had an ok time?”
“Are you kidding? It was great.” She smiled.
“Why?” He laughed. She gave him a confused look. “I mean... my family is nuts.”
“Yeah maybe... well everyone’s family is crazy but... I liked seeing you with them.”
“Me?”
“Yeah you’re... different, kinda but not. Like relaxed and free.” She said.
“Well the paparazzi haven’t found this place yet.” He said. “Thankfully.”
“Yes.” She said. “Wow... it kinda made me forget you’re famous singer man.”
“That’s good right?”
“Well yeah... it doesn’t really matter, the fame that is. I mean, it’s just your job right?”
“Right.” He said. “So you like regular me just as much as pop star me?”
“Maybe even more.” She smiled.
“That’s good Bristow, very good.” He smiled back at her. She laughed slightly and then kissed him under the setting sun.

~*~

The next week for Sydney was very hectic. She had to pack all of the things she would need and ship them to LA so that she could move in with Michael before her internship began the last week in May. Her parents were less that thrilled that she would be spending the entire summer the whole way across the country but they realized that the internship itself was a wonderful opportunity for her and, much to Sydney’s surprise, they were actually thankful she would be living with Michael instead of living alone.

So she said good bye to an insanely jealous Francie, packed up all her clothes and other personal belongings and headed to LA to start what would become the most amazing summer of her life.

Chapter 30
A week into her internship Sydney was already adjusting to her new routine. She’d wake up early, fight the LA traffic in her leased car, spend a grueling 8 hours at work and then come home to spend time with Michael. The internship was hard but it was endlessly fascinating to her. Plus the added perk of spending every day with Michael made all the negativity worth while a thousand times over.

“Well this is it.” Michael said as he handed her a CD case. “Done.”
“The album?!” She asked excitedly. He nodded. “Awesome let’s listen!”
“Hold on.” He laughed. “I need to ask you something first.”
“Okay...”
“Well you know the CD’s being released in a little over a month right?” He asked. She nodded. “Well the label wants me to release a single next week and I chose ‘Always on My Mind’ which, by the way, is the title of the CD.”
“Awww.” She smiled.
“And if I release a single... I need a music video and I was hoping that you’d like to be in it?” He asked with a large grin.
“SERIOUSLY?!” She gasped.
“Yes.” He laughed. “I wrote the song about you and I couldn’t stand any other girl being in the video.”
“Oh my god, really?!” She gushed.
“Yes.” He smiled at her. She grinned impossibly wider and threw her arms around his neck. “So is that a yes?” He laughed.
“YES!” She giggled.
“Good... so now do you want to hear what the video will be like?”
“Yes... oh wait do I have to act? Because that could be dangerous...” She said.
“What do you mean?”
“Well... I was in this play.... let’s just say it was ugly.” She shuddered.
“Aww.” He said as he stroked her cheek. “Well there’s no acting like dialogue since the music is playing just... pensive stares and walking. Can you handle that?”
“Probably.” She smiled.
“Good. Ok so it starts out with me on a bus that’s driving down the street and it stops at a stop or a red light or something and you walk down the street and you look like you’ve been crying but you’re still all gorgeous and I’m watching you but the bus pulls away and you disappear.” He explained. “So then I’m walking down this empty street singing I think and the shot keeps cutting to you and you’re doing... I dunno like regular stuff. Anyway then you pass me on the street walking the other way and I turn around and try to catch you, but I can’t find you. Then finally I’m walking across this bridge and there you are at the end of it smiling and waiting for me. What do you think?”
“I love it!” She said.
“Really? It’s not too....”
“No, it’s perfect.” She smiled.
“Great! So we’ll shoot it this weekend.” He said.
“Alright.” She laughed.
“Oh and by the way... MTV Making the Video is going to document it....” he said quickly as he was backing away from her.
“STOP!” She shouted. “What?!”
“You’ve seen that show Making the Video right?” He asked. She just folded her arms and looked at him. “Well they’re documenting it... for the show.”
“So cameras are going to follow me?” She asked.
“Well kinda... but I mean you’ll be on camera anyway...” he said. “Please... for me.” He added with a puppy dog smile.
Sydney grunted. “Fine...”
“Thanks babe.” He said as he kissed her cheek.

~*~

That Friday they met with the video director and discussed the scenes they would be shooting. Sydney felt uncomfortable sitting there with the MTV camera’s on her but she tried her best not to let it show. Early Saturday morning they began shooting for the actual video. They arrived at the set at 6:30 am and went into make up. The first shot of the day was the ‘crying’ scene so Sydney’s face was streaked with lines of black make up.
“Wow scary.” Michael proclaimed when he saw her.
“Thanks you’re helping.” She laughed.

Sydney found that it wasn’t that hard to pretend like she was distraught as she fought her way through the fake crowded street. She just let her true emotions over the camera crew in her face seep through into her expression. After that shot was filmed she watched as Michael filmed some of the scenes with just him in it singing. That’s when the MTV crew asked her for an interview.
“So we hear this song was written about you?” They asked.
Sydney just shrugged shyly. “That’s what Michael says.”
“Is it weird being in the video?”
“No.” She shook her head. “Not really...”
“What about a duet from you and Michael?”
Sydney laughed. “Definitely not happening.”

A few awkward questions later they left her alone because she had to go back and get her “pretty” make up on.
The scenes of Sydney doing her daily routine such as organizing things in her fake house, combing her hair and shopping were the final ones shot on late Saturday evening after their 12 hour day.

Michael put an arm around Sydney’s shoulders as they were met by the MTV camera crew on their way out. “Well that’s all for today guys. We’re beat. See you early tomorrow.” He smiled.

The next day they filmed the last two parts of the video which was Michael chasing after Sydney in the crowded street and then him finally meeting up with her on the bridge. After it was over and they watched some of the play back Sydney finally came to the realization that she was in a music video that was going to air on TV for everyone to see.
“So like... its going to be on MTV...” She said.
“Syd are you new to the planet? It’s going to be on all TV networks that show videos.” He laughed.
“I know... I guess... I just didn’t think of it that way.” She shrugged.
“It’s ok. Everyone will see how amazing you are and then they’ll love you.” He said.
“Or they’ll see what a freak I am and hate me.” She groaned.
“You’re not a freak.” He laughed. “I promise it will be good.”
“Promise?”
“Promise.”

:love:

Addicts List
1. Freaky
2. Vaughnlover15
3. vaughnsgurl4lf
4. mightylittleone
5. Sydney A Vaughn
6. emotionalrescue
7. alias_luver
8. secret_agent_angel
9. Sydney L Bristow
10. SydneyAnneVaughn
11. vaughnshoney
12. bubblezk88
13. kalias
14. Addicted 2 Alias
15. gtwallichs
16. SYD96
17. gucci_94
18. santosaidan
19. Angel
20. maddy28
21. Ms.MichaelVaughn
24. Alwazabrat
27. bellasbaby
28. Syd_ Vaughn
29. aliasfreak8903
30. freckles3706
31. kiwi
32. mountaineer_girl
33. Monstica
34. Lovygirl
58. sydneymicheal
72. blue_bird
38394. vaughnroxmysox

PM LIST
undercover_spy
LifesMystery
akaJB
ams4alias
KAliasGirl
Bubbles
Nancy O
Jen-Jen
Vaughnlover15
Sydney L Bristow
vaughnshoney
oooRevesDouxooo
ballerina
416fan
texasalias2004
wanttobew/MV
alias=mylife26
SydVaughn1001
sabbiee_co
catfishally
alizas
cupcake55
gucci_94
blue_bird
Sydney A Vaughn
frangipani
Prediction 47
Alwazabrat
ILOVEALIAS27
freckles3706
smartgirl2004
Addicted 2 Alias
gtwallichs
kalias
maddy28
fieldstation
Lovygirl
ALiAs*syd&vaughn*
syd26
Syd_ Vaughn
Wild_Child
Alias79
freaky
helpleessromantic
vaughnroxmysox
secret_agent_angel
vaughnsgurl4lf
msu_ruby
broe4ever929
sparklingrainbow
Nadia Weiss
sydney_alias_vaughn
Mountaineer4746
PoketRockets11
Alias_rocks_87
littleangel
alias_luver
anji_alias
hannahb
littlemissliketofight
Brinne
sydneymicheal
ohiochic2010
Garner_Chick6
bubblezk88
mightylittleone
batman
peanutbutter
emotionalrescue
Monstica
noggi16
loane
WindyStar47
luckylass
aliasgirl89
kromrell
kiwi
Aliasrulz4ever
ashqua
Garner_Chick6
Jen-Jen
fire*N*ice
xxaliasluverxx
Angel
mountaineer_girl
Syd_Vaughn 4ver
SpySyd2010
ToughCookie47
Sydney_Starbuck
aliaschiksv47
ChrisM
deranged_girl
SydneyAnneVaughn
SYD96
milkywayk018
MontrealRocks
alias/gglover
julesvartan
santosaidan
aliasfreak8903
buckeyealum2000
aliasdancer007
aliasobsessed89
Bamse
Sabella
Silvinha
Phoenixwannabe
wiseman
invisible
SydneyVaughn47
Ms.MichaelVaughn

lol me 2...need update cant breath
-------------------
YEAH WE GOT AN UPDATE :D :D :D
they were all so adorable
im so in love with this fic
thanks 4 the pm
update soon
Moni xOx :angelic:

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>first!!! i beat the pm!! yippeee!
now ill go read and then QUOTE!!

-kait

obsessed much!

edit:: okay they have fast fingers..heehee. IM 3RD(ill take it, its my favorite number
</span>

So that was awsome chapter(s)! janet, u really know how 2 spoil us!!!
wow!!! every1 in the world is going 2 see her!!!!and know that he wrote it about her!!! francie is sooooooo jealous!!! well, every1 will b!!!
I loved his family and jill was so cute!

oh man, that was SO long!! I LOVE IT!! OMG she called him butt munch :lol: i call my brother butt munch too!!! Hahahah!! Awesome chapters, loved em!! So glad she took the internship and is staying with michael :D cant wait to read frans reaction to the vid :P first she's at the grammys, now she's in a music video.... :lol: cant wait for more! thanks for the pm!1

Very nice i really like the banter between the siblings very cute... and a music video... with MTV making of the Video i was watching that today now every time i watch it i will think of this story........

Rea

Wow, sweet update. Nice and long too. Loved Vaughn's sister. Can't wait to see everyones reactions to Syd in the music video.

Great update

Thanks for the PM

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>JANET....jeepers.is it possible to be a lot more than obssessed???? Because I certainly believe I am. It is so positively wonderful..hence why I was completely stalking this fic this morning. heehee! I need FFA(fan fiction anonymous) meetings or something but then again, I enjoy my addiction!
quotie..quote..quotes!
Hi.” Sydney said nervously.
“Nice to meet you.” Bill Vaughn said without turning away from the baseball game.
“Come sit next to me.” Jill smiled.
“Okay.” Sydney said. Michael took her bag from her and she went and sat down next to Jill.
“You looked soooooo awesome at the Grammy awards. That dress was the coolest.” Jill grinned.
“Thanks.” Sydney blushed.
Aww..I love the fam. Jill seems very nice!
Mikey’s never brought a girl home before... I was beginning to worry about him.” Jill smiled.
“That’s great Jill, thanks.” Michael groaned as he sat on the couch next to Sydney.
heehee... too funny!kind of sad...lol. but very funny all the same.
“Who’s Van Gogh? Like the painter?” Sydney asked.
“Jill’s horse.” Michael told her.
“She has a horse?” Sydney asked.
I think that is an awesome name for a horse.very very cool! and I <3 horses!
“Shut up butt-munch.” Jill snapped.
“You shut up monkey brains.” Michael retorted. Sydney looked up at him, barely able to keep herself from bursting out laughing. He just smiled down at her. “Anyway Mom and Dad gave in and now we rent the horse... though Jill stopped competing last year...”
I have to admit I was laughning hysterically at this part.. too too funny janet!
“Ew no. You’re not allowed to get frisky on my horse. You’ll scar him for life!” Jill said. Michael hit her on the back side of her head with part of the reigns.

Jill is certainly a comedienne!!!
“Oh yeah. My mom couldn’t leave us alone in the room together.” He said.
that sounds like me and my sisters.heeehee
“Yeah. Stay with me for the summer.” He said.
“I don’t know... I mean that would be like moving in together...”
“Yeah, so?” He laughed slightly. “It’s just... it’s a big house and... my album is coming out in July so I wont even be there the whole time because I’ll be doing press and stuff... please, I really want you to.” He said.
“I... I’ll think about it.” Sydney told him.
“Alright.” He said.
“Good... now can we get off the horse please?” She asked nervously.
He laughed. “Sure.”
moving in is GOOD!
:naughty: :naughty: heehee. I think KATY has tainted us all.lol
“Why?” He laughed. She gave him a confused look. “I mean... my family is nuts.”
“Yeah maybe... well everyone’s family is crazy but... I liked seeing you with them.”
the every family is nuts line is certainly true....especially in regards to your truly's family...heehee!
The next day they filmed the last two parts of the video which was Michael chasing after Sydney in the crowded street and then him finally meeting up with her on the bridge. After it was over and they watched some of the play back Sydney finally came to the realization that she was in a music video that was going to air on TV for everyone to see.
“So like... its going to be on MTV...” She said.
“Syd are you new to the planet? It’s going to be on all TV networks that show videos.” He laughed.
“I know... I guess... I just didn’t think of it that way.” She shrugged.
“It’s ok. Everyone will see how amazing you are and then they’ll love you.” He said.
“Or they’ll see what a freak I am and hate me.” She groaned.
“You’re not a freak.” He laughed. “I promise it will be good.”
“Promise?”
“Promise.”
This is all too much to handle. Janet, you spoiled us. that was a loong update!! YAY!

I LOOOOOOOVEEEE IT!! THIS UPDATE DESERVES A .... :happydance: gotta love emoticons!

-thank you SO much for the pm and I cannot wait to read MORE!

-kait!!

even though i wasn't first I am still very proud that I beat the pm. woot woot! lol
yeah..ive got issues!
</span>

SO so sooooo Fantastic!!!
The horse lol and his fam is sooo cute!
And shes in the video!!
And EVERYONE now knows its bout her, YAY!!!
Neway, awesome chappie as usual!!
UPDATE SOON!

Sydney in Michael Vaugh's video - Francie is really going to love that one. :D :D

I love that she took that internship.

oh syd was scared of the horse! that was so cute!
luv michaels sister lol, i would try get a car out of him as well.
thanks for the long update and the pm.

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>Janet!!!</span>

:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

*breathe gee breathe... breathe... breathe...*

okay, im calmed now and sane and alright. i can surely give a proper review. whew!

maybe NOT.

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</span>

:band: :band: :band:

does the chandler dance! :kicking: :kicking: :kicking:

absolutely fluffy!!!!! and MTV, oh goodness!!!!!! i just cannot wait what the whole world will think of the music video!!!! and Jill. she IS adorable! muhaha! i love it when you put some inside scoop on siblings on your ficcies janet. i really do. wow, youre truly amazing.

:coolthumb:

before i forget: they are living together... muhahahaha! :naughty:

Back