American Wrestling

I watch the WWE and TNA, favorite wrestlers are John Cena, The Undertaker and The rock (although he's making films in Hollywood (n)

Just watched the WWE special when some of the wrestlers flew down to Baghdad, Iraq to entertain the troops who couldn't be home for the Holidays and Christmas.

I watch the WWE and TNA, favorite wrestlers are John Cena, The Undertaker and The rock (although he's making films in Hollywood (n)

Just watched the WWE special when some of the wrestlers flew down to Baghdad, Iraq to entertain the troops who couldn't be home for the Holidays and Christmas.

I was at a WWE Raw show on November 13th when they came to the UK in Manchester, England. Great night! Great show!

I used to be a massive WWE and ECW fan but havent watched it properly in about 2 years. It was luck I went to that show as I won the tickets :D

I miss the days of The Rock, Austin and my personal fave was Chris Jericho, (he is sadly missed on our screens!)

Unfortunately The Rock (Dwayne Johnson) has showed no sign of a return to the ring, cant see it happening now, too busy making movies...fair play to him! Doom wasnt that bad actually!

I really would like to watch a live event, it would be a whole new experience and it would be a lot better than watching it at home on the tv. I didn't watch ECW before it went out of business, but since Vince McMahon started it up again i think its been quite good. Old superstars have returned and some of the WWE roster have competed in ECW shows.

I use to be a big fan of WCW when it was owned by Ted Turner, i enjoyed it more than the WWE, but sadly that finished in about 7 months from when i started watching.

Yeah i agree, he might make the odd appearence along the road, but he will never return for good (n) I actually prefer Walking Tall out of all the films he's made.

I really would like to watch a live event, it would be a whole new experience and it would be a lot better than watching it at home on the tv. I didn't watch ECW before it went out of business, but since Vince McMahon started it up again i think its been quite good. Old superstars have returned and some of the WWE roster have competed in ECW shows.

I use to be a big fan of WCW when it was owned by Ted Turner, i enjoyed it more than the WWE, but sadly that finished in about 7 months from when i started watching.

If u ever get the chance to go to a live event go for it, I recommend it highly, was a great night! Big Show and The Great Khali are bloody massive upclose!

I liked the tail-end of WCW, was a big Scott Steiner fan, fantastic heel! WWE made a mockery of his heel persona, stupidly turning him face at SS 2002 when he debuted! My one regret was not seeing WCW when Chris Jericho was at his most hilarious in his cruiserweight days

Big Poppa Pump should have been brought in as a killer heel on Raw...upper midcard, then main events....not thrown in against Triple H when he wasnt ring ready! And they should have brought in his sexy #1 Freak in WCW the delectable Midajah :woot:

The old ECW was much better! The current ECW brand is diluted and watered down :angry:

Its extremely difficult to get tickets for the events in the UK, i mean living in the South doesn't help, the events usually take place in Earls Court, London (well they did for a little while) then moved it to the Manchester Evening News Arena which is a pain, so instead i watch it on Sky Box Office. When tickets go out on sale, they are sold easily within 30 minutes at the most, shortest time was 5 minutes i think.

I quite liked the WCW/ECW invasion of the WWE, it made things more interesting with the top 3 wrestling organisation under one roof as it were. I miss the old WCW days when they were going head-to-head with the WWE in the Monday Night War. Those were good days i won't deny that, but personally i prefer him in the WWE competing in the main event or main storylines.

I agree with you there, he would have been better off as heel than a face. With some WCW stars the WWE just made them look ridiculous, like if you take DDP he was made to look like a wimp against the Undertaker, when in WCW he wouldn't fear the likes of Sting or Goldberg.

I agree with you there, he would have been better off as heel than a face. With some WCW stars the WWE just made them look ridiculous, like if you take DDP he was made to look like a wimp against the Undertaker, when in WCW he wouldn't fear the likes of Sting or Goldberg.

The thing with Vince McMahon is he will only push talent he creates. Name one WCW start with the exception of Booker T (even then his title run was too late!) and Goldberg that have hit it big in WWE, hell they had the most talented free agent in the biz in Y2J, but booked him as a weak coward champion in his only run with the belt, he played 2nd fiddle to Hunter and Steph's 'divorce' and was reduced to dogsitting! DDP was brought in in a stupid stalker angle during the Invasion (which could have been soooooo much better!) and was made to look a fool of, if they had to do such an angle, surely Steiner would have been a better fit, I mean his hooch-lovin BPP persona would have been more at home than Page was. They had one of the best cruiserweights in the world in Billy Kidman yet done frack all with him. I could go on for ages about how many times Vince has arsed up storylines but I wont bore you dude!

Yes that's 100% right. I don't think i can think of any, where did the Big Show start his career, was it not WCW? Erm... Christ Benoit (y) In the women's division its arguable to say that Torrie Wilson has. although women's "wrestling" isn't really wrestling.

That is true about Chris Jericho, mind you i didn't think it was such a bad storyline and he was the first Undisputed Champion (i think by cheating if i remember). The Austin/McMahon feud would have to be one of the best. Yeah i know what you mean, it was a good idea i'll give that to them but he was made to look like a sissy against The Undertaker, it made him seem like DDP was an "all talk" sort of wrestler and couldn't fight which is just felgercarb. I actually miss Scott Steiner being in the ring since he isn't with the WWE any more, even though he was a heel, he was such a good one.

The Cruiserweight division was by far the most interesting and entertaining wrestling in my opinion. Its good the WWE has brought in some of the old WCW stars, the part of Rey Mysterio becoming heavyweight champion in WWE is a little over the top i think anyway, as good as he was i think it was down to his popularity within the WWE especially with his 619.

Nah you wouldn't bore me at all its good to actually dicuss wrestling with somebody, i don't know that many people who have watched wrestling as long as you have, by the sound of it.
The worst one i think would have to be when he screwed Bret Hart out of the title against Shawn Michaels in 1997 Survivor Series.

Big Show and Benoit to a lesser extent made it, IMO Benoit should have been a multi-time world champ before WWE gave him the title run, the man can have great matches with anyone! Hell he dragged a great match from Billy frackin Gunn! And Mark Henry vs Benoit was even watchable :eek:

My problem is that as soon as Trips came back from his quad tear, he made Jericho look a weak champion, up until Trips returned I loved Jericho as Undisputed Champ, his heel promos were awesome! Jericho was booked as a weak cowardly champ, I cant recall a title defence he won clean!

Torrie, cant wrestle a lick...but by god what a body! Cant beleive Kidman was married to her...lucky wee shite!

Steiner was with NWA:TNA till a few months back, he had a feud with Samoa Joe. The WCW heel Scott Steiner would have pissed on Triple H in comparison, foul mouthed, swore constantly, didnt give a felgercarb basically, but unfortunately Steiners body is screwed...his foot i think his left is fucked, he had something called Drop Foot Syndrome, quite serious, plus his back is shot too, damn shame, one of the best heels ive ever seen, maybe not in ring wise but character wise...and Midajah?? :woot: :woot: Sex on legs she was!

Thing is the WWE cruiserweights are watered down, if Vince really let them do their stuff, youd be amazed! Guys like London and Kendrick would blow you away if they werent hampered by the WWE style, hell Gregory Helms too!

The SS Screwjob, basically propelled WWE to bigger heights, gave Austin a great evil heel to feud with in McMahon, and it had to be done, Bischoff would have had no qualms about offering Bret a felgercarb load more cash to show up on Nitro with the WWF title and binning it just like Alundra Blayze/Medusa did with the womens belt, from a business sense it had to be done, I was just sick of Bret whining about it!

Dude, you need to know anything about WWE since the early 80's ask me, the first match I ever watched was Randy Savage vs Ricky Steamboat at WM 3, some 20 years ago!

The Ultimate Warrior 4tw.

Hmm, The Warrior huh?? Did you know hes actually changed his name to Warrior?? Seriously the man is a loony, if you ever check out his site you'll see how messed up Warrior is, was highly overrated and over pushed, a total roid-monkey!

Back in those days WWF sucked arse...Hogan and Warrior were rubbish, only saving graces were guys like Bret and Owen (RIP Owen you are missed by every fan!), Randy Savage and Mr Perfect (may he also rest in peace!)

Oh yeah, Brett Hart was brilliant. I forgot about him.

What was that red indian blokes name? Tatunka or something? He was a good'un.

Big Show and Benoit to a lesser extent made it, IMO Benoit should have been a multi-time world champ before WWE gave him the title run, the man can have great matches with anyone! Hell he dragged a great match from Billy frackin Gunn! And Mark Henry vs Benoit was even watchable :eek:

My problem is that as soon as Trips came back from his quad tear, he made Jericho look a weak champion, up until Trips returned I loved Jericho as Undisputed Champ, his heel promos were awesome! Jericho was booked as a weak cowardly champ, I cant recall a title defence he won clean!

Torrie, cant wrestle a lick...but by god what a body! Cant beleive Kidman was married to her...lucky wee shite!

Steiner was with NWA:TNA till a few months back, he had a feud with Samoa Joe. The WCW heel Scott Steiner would have pissed on Triple H in comparison, foul mouthed, swore constantly, didnt give a felgercarb basically, but unfortunately Steiners body is screwed...his foot i think his left is fucked, he had something called Drop Foot Syndrome, quite serious, plus his back is shot too, damn shame, one of the best heels ive ever seen, maybe not in ring wise but character wise...and Midajah?? :woot: :woot: Sex on legs she was!

Thing is the WWE cruiserweights are watered down, if Vince really let them do their stuff, youd be amazed! Guys like London and Kendrick would blow you away if they werent hampered by the WWE style, hell Gregory Helms too!

The SS Screwjob, basically propelled WWE to bigger heights, gave Austin a great evil heel to feud with in McMahon, and it had to be done, Bischoff would have had no qualms about offering Bret a felgercarb load more cash to show up on Nitro with the WWF title and binning it just like Alundra Blayze/Medusa did with the womens belt, from a business sense it had to be done, I was just sick of Bret whining about it!

Dude, you need to know anything about WWE since the early 80's ask me, the first match I ever watched was Randy Savage vs Ricky Steamboat at WM 3, some 20 years ago!

Well he did learn and train from the best in Calgary with the Hart Family, he even uses Bret Hart's Sharpshooter, actually come to think of it so did Trish Stratus in her final match against Lita at a PPV in front of her home crowd of Toronto.
I might have got this right, but correct me if i'm wrong, when HHH came back i thought he fantastic as a face wrestler, the fans really took to him after his injury. I preferred him as a face wrestler rather than a heel, mind you, his battles against the likes of The Rock and Austin are what drove me into continually watching every week.

Amen brother. Torrie Wilson :woot: anywhere, any time - know what i mean :cool:
I don't think London and Kendrick are that good, i actually prefer the Yung Dragons in the WCW days, those were good and with The Filthy Animals tag team of Kidman and Rey Mysterio. Team Canda's Elix Skipper and Kid Romeo. 3 Count were just hilarious to watch :lol: because of their gimmick, a boyband wrestling group.

I didn't watch wrestling at that time, but i've watched a Bret Hart video which focuses on that for a little while and i read the article on Wikipedia. It was good for business, in the view of the WWE, i mean Vince is always doing what's good for business, doesn't care about anything else really. I can't blame Bret from whining about it, i mean wouldn't you, to be screwed out of winning the WWE title in your home nation.

You can tell me about the days of Hulk Hogan, Roddy Piper i've always wanted to know about that. From everything i've heard and seen those were the days of real wrestling, not sports entertainment.

Well he did learn and train from the best in Calgary with the Hart Family, he even uses Bret Hart's Sharpshooter, actually come to think of it so did Trish Stratus in her final match against Lita at a PPV in front of her home crowd of Toronto.
I might have got this right, but correct me if i'm wrong, when HHH came back i thought he fantastic as a face wrestler, the fans really took to him after his injury. I preferred him as a face wrestler rather than a heel, mind you, his battles against the likes of The Rock and Austin are what drove me into continually watching every week.

Amen brother. Torrie Wilson :woot: anywhere, any time - know what i mean :cool:
I don't think London and Kendrick are that good, i actually prefer the Yung Dragons in the WCW days, those were good and with The Filthy Animals tag team of Kidman and Rey Mysterio. Team Canda's Elix Skipper and Kid Romeo. 3 Count were just hilarious to watch :lol: because of their gimmick, a boyband wrestling group.

I didn't watch wrestling at that time, but i've watched a Bret Hart video which focuses on that for a little while and i read the article on Wikipedia. It was good for business, in the view of the WWE, i mean Vince is always doing what's good for business, doesn't care about anything else really. I can't blame Bret from whining about it, i mean wouldn't you, to be screwed out of winning the WWE title in your home nation.

You can tell me about the days of Hulk Hogan, Roddy Piper i've always wanted to know about that. From everything i've heard and seen those were the days of real wrestling, not sports entertainment.

Triple H is a passable babyface, but his best work was as a hated heel, the McMahon-Helmsley era...his feud with Austin was legendary, and with The Rock and The Nation of Domination feuding with DX...that was fun.

London and Kendrick I think are awesome, wasnt a Yung Dragons fan...or 3 Count, The Filthy Animals team was cool, always been a Mysterio fan, Kidman if he had a personality could have been a big star. There are still 2 of the 3 Count members in WWE, Gregory (Sugar Shane) Helms, and Shannon Moore (currently on the ECW brand), Evan Karegias I have no idea where he is!

Hulk Hogan was NEVER a great wrestler,but he was a decent promo guy, was good on the mic, he was 50% media creation, he had a bankable look back then and Vince pushed it and created Hulkamania, granted Hogan can be credited for bringing wrestling to a mainstream audience, but I hope to god he isnt goin to have a rumored one more match at Mania 23!! They wanted Hogan-Big Show, mainly because itd be the 20th anniversary sorta, of Hogan vs Andre the Giant, plus Hogan and Big Show are good freinds. But Big Show is gone now his back is screwed, has left WWE.

Piper actually faced Mr T at WM1 I think, or WM2...He was a former Intercontinental Champion, I liked him back in the day, loved his Piper's Pit segment! Roddy Piper currently is very ill....he was diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma...the same think that Delta Goodrem suffered from, she was young and recovered well, Piper is in his 50's, I hope eventually he recovers, but he shouldnt come back to the ring afterwards, he has no need to! Should he recover well, I'd like to see him as a mentor to "The Highlanders" Robbie & Rory McAllister.

Regarding Bret, he wasnt screwed out of the title, he was the champion, but refused to drop the belt to Shawn Michaels before leaving for WCW as the 2 of them hated each other, Bret went down in my estimation over the years with refusing to get over it! Not Vince McMahon's fault WCW didnt do felgercarb with Bret, and if anyone is to blame for Bret's career ending the blame lies with Bill Goldberg, a botched kick to the head gave Bret post concussion syndrome, Bret will never be able to wrestle again...shame as he was one of the greats!

Yeah i agree, HHH being a heel is much better than a face. I saw some of the feuds which involved The Rock and DX, McMahon-Helmsley Regime and The Rock plus other superstars, i think it was on the way to the fatal four at Wrestlemania with a McMahon in every corner (might have got that messed up somewhere)

I'm not a fan of London and Kendrick, i admire the Yung Dragons and like i said 3 Count were just funny to watch :lol: I think The Filthy Animals just about stole the show, they seemed to get huge cheers from the crowd, its a shame they aren't still a group together. Konan is at TNA last time i heard . Yeah two of them are there and only one had been a big hit - Gregory Helms. His superhero gimmick was really good and entertaining with Rosey. But Shannon Moore hasn't made a great impact, he's like the punch bag of the heavyweights when they just want someone to beat upon.

I agree with you Hulk Hogan was only used as a promo guy but a good entertainer and the fans loved him. Wasn't there a legal court case about steriods which involved Hogan and McMahon a long time ago? It would be so great to have Hogan back one last time at WrestleMania 23, it would be perfect, but i'm quite sure Grandad will get beaten pretty badly, unless its an exhibition :lol:
I didn't realise that, i only see short clips of that which usually shows Hogan body slamming Andre the Giant. Big show had some good matches against RVD and Lashley, lately.

Yeah that's right, they squared off at some point, i'm guessing the Piper's Pit segment isn't quite as it was to be in the old days. Really?? That's a little (n) i hope he does come back, he is quite entertaining to watch and i would like him too. I have no idea who The Highlanders are since i haven't watched the last few weeks of Raw or Smackdown, just been so busy for anything really.

Well he was screwed from retaining it, i guess you could say, similar things have happened since then so, maybe it was the start of things to come. It wasn't entirely Goldberg's fault, i mean it wasn't done intentionally, i'm sure. Just one of those moves which go wrong, like Owen Hart's (R.I.P) accident. They had some good battles, Goldberg and Bret Hart.

Raw is nearly unwatchable these days with Vince appearing in every episode, Great Khali there (the biggest waste of space in the WWE) and who can forget the awfullness that was 'Trump vs Rosie'? Plus John Cena is the most overpushed superstar in the company. He could just lose the belt and go away from my screen for atleast three months. Maybe go make another crappy film nobody is gonna see or another crappy CD no one's buying. I'd personally like him more if he left for a while

Raw's women's divison desperately need Jillian Hall. She is talented, smart and fits the wwe's diva mold (blonde & big boobs). Why is she rotting on SmackDown jobbing to a talentless bag of silicone known as Trashley a.k.a Botchley a.k.a. next Playboy slut?

Raw is nearly unwatchable these days with Vince appearing in every episode, Great Khali there (the biggest waste of space in the WWE) and who can forget the awfullness that was 'Trump vs Rosie'? Plus John Cena is the most overpushed superstar in the company. He could just lose the belt and go away from my screen for atleast three months. Maybe go make another crappy film nobody is gonna see or another crappy CD no one's buying. I'd personally like him more if he left for a while

Raw's women's divison desperately need Jillian Hall. She is talented, smart and fits the wwe's diva mold (blonde & big boobs). Why is she rotting on SmackDown jobbing to a talentless bag of silicone known as Trashley a.k.a Botchley a.k.a. next Playboy slut?

I agree wholeheartedly!!! Khali is a joke in the ring, can do 2 moves :angry: why oh why does Vince continue with pushing talentless big men

Trump - Rosie....I wont even dignify that waste of TV time with an opinion

Cena...I agree, he's been shoved down our throats so much, you wonder who the hell it'll take to beat him. It's seems he's in the midst of the 'Hogan push', pushed over everyone, always comes out on top. I'll admit I liked his character, before all the 'Marine' bollocks, I bet the film is utter shite!!

The title picture would get a shot in the arm if Edge got the title back, been impressed with how much he's improved in the last 2 years, absolutely superb heel! Only he, and Randy Orton, and maybe HBK are in the right part of the card to believably be the next champion (please dont let it be Orton, the arrogant tosser)

Raw womens division, Mickie is good, and well you always have Victoria, but other than her, maybe Melina and Candice Michelle, theres noone else who isnt just T & A, dont know much about Jillian Hall, only seen her a couple of times fight, shes alright! Lita and Trish leaving hurt the division a lot, but Mickie James and Victoria are doing a good job of carrying the division so far.

As for the shot in the arm Raw's main division, and as a show needs (now The Game is injured), well I can only solve that by saying these 5 words "Welcome to RAW...........IS................JERICHO!"

I for one would mark out like a little girl at a Timberlake concert if he returned!!!!!

On a sadder note, a few days ago ex WWE/WCW/ECW star Scott "Bam Bam" Bigelow passed away at age 45, a shock to me...I was a fan of his way back, he was awesome in ECW, so agile for a near 400lber...RIP Bam Bam (n)

Raw womens division, Mickie is good, and well you always have Victoria, but other than her, maybe Melina and Candice Michelle, theres noone else who isnt just T & A, dont know much about Jillian Hall, only seen her a couple of times fight, shes alright! Lita and Trish leaving hurt the division a lot, but Mickie James and Victoria are doing a good job of carrying the division so far.

You really should watch some of Jillian's indy and OVW stuff. The girl is an unbelieavble talent, she should really be on Raw fighting for the women's title. I think Jillian has all the tools to be the next Trish, she's talented, fit's WWE's diva mold perfectly and has charisma to share. I resently watched a couple of her matches against Mickie, Gail Kim and Molly from OVW and those matches were almost better than anything WWE has had to offer in months.

You really should watch some of Jillian's indy and OVW stuff. The girl is an unbelieavble talent, she should really be on Raw fighting for the women's title. I think Jillian has all the tools to be the next Trish, she's talented, fit's WWE's diva mold perfectly and has charisma to share. I resently watched a couple of her matches against Mickie, Gail Kim and Molly from OVW and those matches were almost better than anything WWE has had to offer in months.

Sounds good, I'll take your word for it! From what Ive seen of her, she aint bad at all, Id have to see more matches before forming my own opinion :cool:

Do you agree that Raw.....neeeds....Jericho???

Sounds good, I'll take your word for it! From what Ive seen of her, she aint bad at all, Id have to see more matches before forming my own opinion :cool:

Do you agree that Raw.....neeeds....Jericho???

I'd love to see Jericho return, but honestly I would rather wanna see him in TNA since WWE has a history of misusing him. Can you imagine all the feuds he could have in TNA: Y2J vs. Kurt Angle, Y2J vs. AJ Styles, Y2J vs. Samoa Joe, Y2J vs. Christopher Daniels and I wouldn't never say no to more Christian/Jericho matches. Their WM XX match is one of my all time favourite matches, right up there with Angle vs Michaels WM 21, Flair vs Savage WM 8 and Edge/Hardy from Unforgiven 2005.

Back