Drama Angels and Demons (Dan Brown)

Anyone read this book? IMO, it's 10x better than The DaVinci Code. Dan Brown is a GENIUS!!! I never saw that ending twist coming:

SPOILER:That the carmelengo put the animatter in Vatican City. That was a brilliant ending to a brilliant book. I seriously thought that the head of CERN was going to be the head of the Illuminati. But they didn't even exist anymore!! How cool was that!?!

And how about those Illuminati ambigrams? Absolutely ingenious! And Langdon and Vittoria following the path of Illumination to find the kidnapped cardinals! What an adventure!! This book ranks right up there with Harry Potter, something the Da Vinci Code cannot say (IMO).

If you've read the book, talk here!!

I loved Angels & Demons!!! It was better thn DaVinci Code and that's saying a lot because DaVinci Code was amazing!! I never saw the twist at the end either I thought it might of been someone in the Vatican that put the antimatter there like Olevitti or someone else in the Swiss Guard but NEVER the camerlengo!!

I've got Deception Point and Digital Fortress on hold at my local library (his books require waiting for, they're very very popular)! And how about the other ending twist? Eh? SPOILER: That the carmelengo was also the late Pope's son!! And that is mother was a former nun!! OMG! And the reason that the Pope owed his life to science? That was fabulous!

I've got Deception Point and Digital Fortress on hold at my local library (his books require waiting for, they're very very popular)! And how about the other ending twist? Eh? SPOILER: That the carmelengo was also the late Pope's son!! And that is mother was a former nun!! OMG! And the reason that the Pope owed his life to science? That was fabulous!

I NEVER saw that coming either, ir was an amazing twist it made it so much deeper...

Tenderbear said:
Hey, If they made an "Angels and Demons" movie, you know who could play Vittoria?!?

Jennifer Garner! :D ;)
[post="954554"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

heh theres an idea!!!

I think I did hear something about Angels & Demons and DaVinci Code into movies I really hope they do to they have the potential to be amazing movies...

I read A&D before I read TDVC and I thought A&D was better.

But that was months ago.

I just re-read TDVC in like 8 hours the other night... and am currently re-reading A&D and now, I prefer TDVC over A&D. I don't know. I mean, the books are basically the same thing... just a different city and a different hunt.

I think the reason I liked A&D better the first time around was because I read that first, and then when I went to read TDVC... it was like reading A&D so I was like, "Blah."

And since I read it backwards this time... A&D is like, "Blah."

I'm probably not making any sense. :lol:

But they're brilliant books. Usually you wouldn't find me reading books that are dealing so heavily with religion...

Oh, and supposedly Ron Howard is directing TDVC.

the books are basically the same thing... just a different city and a different hunt.
The same idea, maybe, but TOTALLY different books.

I think the reason I liked A&D better the first time around was because I read that first, and then when I went to read TDVC... it was like reading A&D so I was like, "Blah."

And since I read it backwards this time... A&D is like, "Blah."

I'm probably not making any sense.
LOL!!! :lol:
I actually read TDVC first but still liked A&D better. (I actually started reading A&D the day after I finished TDVC) I sure didn't find any "blah" anywhere.

Personally, I think A&D would make a better movie than TDVC. There's a lot more intriguing action that can be interpreted onto the screen, unlike TDVC where there's a lot of descriptive history that makes the book what it is and would have to be left out in the movie.

Did you guys hear Dan Brown is writing another Langdon book? It's slated to be released next summer and takes Langdon to solve a mystery in the USA! Plenty of secret/twisted American history to be found, for sure! :woot:

Tenderbear said:
Did you guys hear Dan Brown is writing another Langdon book? It's slated to be released next summer and takes Langdon to solve a mystery in the USA! Plenty of secret/twisted American history to be found, for sure!  :woot:
[post="955891"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

really??? yeah!!!
when does it come out?

really??? yeah!!!
when does it come out?
Next summer :( TOO LONG! But, I hear that HP6 will also be out next summer so it's like... too awesome!

I have a few more details on the next book:

Langdon will have the trouble of uncovering the secrets of Kryptos, an encrypted stone situated in the front of the CIA Headquarters in Virgina (it's real, yes). To learn more about Kryptos, go HERE.

And a supposed excerpt from the unreleased book:

"It was totally invisible. How's that possible? They used the earth's magnetic field. The information was gathered and transmitted underground to an unknown location. Does Langley know about this? They should: it's buried out there somewhere. Who knows the exact location? Only WW. This was his last message. Thirty eight degrees fifty seven minutes six point five seconds north, seventy seven degrees eight minutes forty four seconds west. ID by rows."

Cool, no? :cool: SO EXCITED! :woot: :woot:

Hey guys! I just finished another one of his books, "Digital Fortress." It's about an intelligence center in the USA (the NSA it's called... yes, I think Lauren Reed was from the NSA...)!

Here's the deal: (from bn.com)

"Digital Fortress transports the reader deep within the most powerful intelligence organization on earth - the National Security Agency (NSA), an ultra-secret, multibillion-dollar agency, which (until now) less than 3 percent of Americans knew existed. When the NSA's invincible code-breaking machine encounters a mysterious code it cannot break, the agency calls in its head cryptographer Susan Fletcher, a brilliant and beautiful mathematician. What she uncovers sends shock waves through the corridors of power. The NSA is being held hostage...not by guns or bombs, but by a code so ingeniously complex that if released it would cripple U.S. intelligence. Caught in an accelerating tempest of secrecy and lies, Susan Fletcher battles to save the agency she believes in. Betrayed on all sides, she finds herself fighting not only for her country but for her life, and in the end, for the life of the man she loves. From the underground hallways of power to the skyscrapers of Tokyo to the towering cathedrals of Spain, a desperate race unfolds. It is a battle for survival - a crucial bid to destroy a creation of inconceivable genius...an impregnable code-writing formula that threatens to obliterate the post-cold war balance of power. Forever."

I give it 10/10! It takes a little longer for this story to pick up, but when it does... boy does it! It has a fabulous twist that you won't see coming at all (like A&D and DVC). It was absolutely mind-boggling! I can't believe I didn't read this one earlier. It was exciting, suspenseful, action-packed, brain-frying, romantic, sad, happy, and everything in between. IMO, just as good as The DaVinci Code. A MUST READ!! :woot:

I thought Angels and Demons was really good, better than the DaVinci code. I thought the religion vs science theme was really interesting

I've read the Da Vinci code and really liked it, except for the ending, it was kinda weird. I'm in the middle of Deception POint(another book by Dan Brown) and then I'm probably gonna start Angels and Demons. I've heard it was good, my mom read it and she liked it

I just finished "Deception Point" too!

Deception Point is about the interworkings of the government during election year. The nominee to take the president's seat, Senator Sexton, wallows about how NASA uses up too much of our tax payers money and turns the world anti-NASA. It seems he will be president come election day, when NASA makes an unbelievable discovery. Rachel Sexton, the president's gister, is sent on the ride of her life after the discovery is made. Meanwhile, you follow the relationships between all of the characters, including some secret scandals and biting deception.

Deception Point is my least favorite of Brown's books, but that isn't saying it's not worth reading. I mostly enjoyed the story of Senator Sexton and his assistant Gabrielle as they battle NASA and the current administration. It's fun to guess about what NASA discovered until they tell you the truth. There were many twists and turns, but most came to disappointing ends. I easily guessed who the bad guy was, the final end twist.

Overall, it's still a fabulous book! Dan brown has such talent!!

9/10 (y) (y)

Back