Anti-cell phone thread

PONCHO! WE AGREE ON SOMETHING! :eek: :thud:

grr they drive me insane... evil things, always ringing and ppl talking insanely loud on them and GRRR

Although I started a thread about them, I don't have one. But I don't hate them, either.

But I don't really use phones that much anyways. I much prefer email or instant messaging, if possible.

I want a cell phone really bad even though I have few people to call. They look cool. The only thing I hate about cell phones (besides frying your brain) is when people drive and talk at the same time! Annoys the living felgercarb out of me.

cell phones are the most convenient things ever. i don't know how we survived without them before.

but i agree, there are a lot of really rude cell phone users out there. i'm pretty good about using my cell phone. when i have a call, i usually either talk really quietly or take the call outside. and whenever i'm in lecture or in a movie, i'll turn off my cell phone.

i just think a lot of cell phone users have really bad cell phone etiquette. :smiley:lol: this reminds me of the part in the divine secrets of the ya-ya sisterhood where sandra bullock's fiancee calls up her mother and screams at her, "and your phone etiquette SUCKS!!")

my mopm actually wanted me tp hvae one.. i ahve the same nokia syd had in one of the early eppys... but i didint want one. but since (conviently) i do tons of stuff afterschool, my mom never knows when to pick me up.. so now i got a nokia. heheh.

SiriCerasi said:
PONCHO! WE AGREE ON SOMETHING! :eek: :thud:

grr they drive me insane... evil things, always ringing and ppl talking insanely loud on them and GRRR
mommy, how can u not like cell phones, i lov em

I don't hate them, but I hate when ppl let them on everywhere !!!!!! :angry:
I don't have one coz first I don't like doing like the other, and second I don't need it ! But I'll probably have one next year, coz I'll be far from my home, it will be a question of usefulness, but I'd prefer do without !!

For once we agree on something Poncho ! :lol:

even though i do have a cell phone, which i rarely use only when checking in with the parents....which is harldy ever becuase i rarely leave my house... ^_^
in some cases they are great..like getting lost(used it then...very nice! ;) )
but they can be a big pain as well.....staticy...(is that a word?! ^_^ ) and annoying..ppl driving while talking...going off during a performance, concert, movie..you name it! :angry:

Victoria King said:
even though i do have a cell phone, which i rarely use only when checking in with the parents....which is harldy ever becuase i rarely leave my house... ^_^
but they can be a big pain as well.....staticy...(is that a word?! ^_^ ) and annoying..ppl driving while talking...going off during a performance, concert, movie..you name it! :angry:
yah i know what u mean i was in a movie theater everybodies cell phones were ringing and it was really annoying i couldn't even hear the movie

it's pretty bad when cell phones go off during lecture. it's extremely disrespectful to the professor, plus it totally distracts you from the lecture. which is why i always turn mine off before lecture (even though no one calls me anyway).

well i don't really hate em...i just use em for the pointless reasons. like strange, simplistic games, changing the ring tone n bgrd n screen saver over n over.

the only good thing about em is there isn't a directory to the general public for them (or i haven't yet found it) so a few isolated prank calls can be made.

other then that...i don't really care for one. i mean...more reasons to hear "Oh and while you're there could you get me...." or annoying messages from individuals you r avoiding. (Yes I'd reckon I have stalkers...they all happen to find out my screen names n such when I don't tell em!) so other then perhaps purchasing kewl face plates n changing rings, i don't really care for one. i just go can i borrow this (insert a name)? Thanks!

Victoria King said:
Exactly! I have one too, but only b/c my sis got a new one and I have her old one! I hardly ever use it except to check in with my parents...or answer the phone for some crazy guy looking for my sis. Needless to say....that's happened before. The guy, Rob, though I was lying when I said Rebecca had a new phone...he was such a jerk!

I have a very long, very odd conspiracy theory about fones. I'll try and dig it up from somewhere and post it here. I wrote it as an essay, and got an A :D

I don't mind cell phones because they're convienient but I hate it when my mom uses it... GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! She pratically screams into it and uses it in the most embarrasing places where's it's really quiet--- like the doctor's office today... :rolleyes:

If i ever get a cell-phone (which i really want) i promise not to be annoying with it!!!!!!!

Omi gosh! I REALLY REALLY REALLY DISLIKE VIRGIN MOBILE! They have really high rates and take out 50 cents for 1 or 2 second calls!

Back