Season 4 Anyone Else Disappointed?

First, let me just say that I did enjoy the episode last night.

Here's what I'm annoyed at. The promos made it look like Jack was dying (and technically he is) and that Syd was going to find out (it showed Jack in a hospital bed and Syd looking at him). That did not happen tonight! The promos were so misleading!! And there was little to no Jack/Syd interaction.

Second, did anyone else feel like saying "Duh!" when Sloane and Jack revealed their "secret"? It didn't seem too shocking to me. Plus, that can't be all that's going on between them. They're still hiding stuff from their daughters. So much for coming clean.

Anyone else feel a touch disappointed/frustrated or was it just me?

^^Nope definitely not just you! I had myself all geared up for some major Syd/Jack moments, major revelations, and some dot connecting. Instead all it seemed to be is a transisitional episode. Hopefully next week will make up for it! The pact seemed way to simple and straightforward to me....not at all typical of Jack/Sloane stuff. And I keep waiting for someone to have a lightbulb moment about Sophia/Yelena!

I think Sloane was definitely holding back. I don't know about Jack. But I think that Sloane knows something about Elena that he is not telling even Jack, let alone their girls.

but yes, I think it was a given that Elena & Co. have been watching Irina's daughters. the big question we want to know is WHY, right? what is elena after? clearly she wants Nadia for something and has been keeping an eye on Syd because she perceives Syd as a threat to Nadia or a threat in case Syd discovers the truth?

I think the misleading promo was a CHEAP SHOT to get us all crazed about this episode! It worked, didn't it? Those exec producers know what they're doing! But it was a DIRTY trick!! :P

Lately, I have been noticing that some of the promo footage actually airs in weeks to come. Somewhat annoying, but if the footage wasn't in the episode, we can be sure it's coming up.

I loved the episode--probably one of my favorites so far--but I was also disappointed with the "revelation." We already knew that Yelena had some fishy business going on, and Sophia was obviously not who she says she is. But what about Irina, Sydney, and Jack, the major family? Jack's doctor seems to know a lot about Jack's past, yet Jack only revealed the present. And it didn't seem to be out of guilt, but simply because it was "time."

The good thing about the disappointment with the lack of revelations is being able to look forward even more. I can't wait until next week's episode!

boyscout4747 said:
I don't believe promos anymore.  The ABC Monkeys try to make us believe stuff that isn't true.
[post="1319462"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Hehehe I love it and it's so true!

But I think you're right, AliasALIAS. My excitement about next week is greatly increased. That's looking at things in a positive light!

What irritated me the most was that the promo had nothing to do with the episode. Jack wasn't even in the hospital. They give us this big build up like he is going to be making some death bed confession.

They could at least give us a decent promo that will give us an idea of what the episode will be about.

I don't watch the previews! Not only because I can't trust them.. I really think it's more fun NOT to know :smiley:

I thought it was a great episode. Was I a little disappointed that the big revelation was nothing more than the DUH factor.. ? Not really, but only because I didn't expect anything. Too many weeks left in the season to find out anything that's really that important. The finale should be Super!
:D

MissingSark said:
First, let me just say that I did enjoy the episode last night.

Here's what I'm annoyed at.  The promos made it look like Jack was dying (and technically he is) and that Syd was going to find out (it showed Jack in a hospital bed and Syd looking at him).  That did not happen tonight!  The promos were so misleading!!  And there was little to no Jack/Syd interaction.

Second, did anyone else feel like saying "Duh!" when Sloane and Jack revealed their "secret"?  It didn't seem too shocking to me.  Plus, that can't be all that's going on between them.  They're still hiding stuff from their daughters.  So much for coming clean.

Anyone else feel a touch disappointed/frustrated or was it just me?

yes (y) i actually used to NOT watch promos due to their misleading and spoilery nature but the last few weeks i have been hooked. But this is one I wish I hadn't seen for both the reason you stated.

Jack - the whole jack is dying thing was never addressed by anyone except jack - not very sad or upsetting and hardly a spy family moment in sight. :confused:

the huge revelation was like "oh is that all" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: and It was kind of obvious that sophia was gonna wind up being Elena anyways if you ask me. ^_^

But yeah - I wonder if there is something else they are hiding from the girls - cos if the whole pact thing just comes from protecting each others daughters then it's hardlt op secret is it. :P

glad someone thought the same :smiley:

It's not the producers but ABC execs who cut the promos ... just be happy it's not FOX!!! :lol: They used to spoil 24 something awful! (They're still not great ...)

My motto: the ep never delivers on the promo. Heck, remember last year? They even cut in dialog from other episodes! ;)

know what u mean ... I was expecting a BIG reveal ... but nothing ... truly disappointed ... :(

but I must say ... that Jack and Sloane reveal ... was kinda strange ... it doesn't seem like they were telling the whole truth ... they held some BIG info on Elena to the girls ... it seemed they didn't wanna tell Syd and Nadia the Sophia IS Elena ... because it most definitely looks like they know ... ;)

as to Jack's illness ... I hope we get to see it develop and have him and Syd together in those scenes ... ;)

^^I don't think that Jack knows Sophia is Elena. He's kinda wrapped up in his own thing. But, I do think that there's a good chance that Sloane knows. Of course, why wouldn't he tell? I'm guessing that he's trying to deteremine why Elena has made her presence known.

verdantheart said:
It's not the producers but ABC execs who cut the promos ... just be happy it's not FOX!!!  :lol: They used to spoil 24 something awful! (They're still not great ...)

My motto: the ep never delivers on the promo. Heck, remember last year? They even cut in dialog from other episodes!  ;)
[post="1320403"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

They still are doing that. The "No!" from Syd at the end of the ACC promo was from Nocturne, and for the AOL promo for Another Mr. Sloane, they implied that Sydney's elevator had bee cut, and added in "Can you get me out of here" from Tuesday.

freelancer7 said:
^^So would that mean Sloane and Elena are in cahoots...or that he knows she is Elena, but she does not know that he knows? :confused:
[post="1322816"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Right now, I think it means that he's trying to figure out what Elena's after and trying to keep Nadia (and Syd) safe. Right now, I don't think that Sloane and Elena are working together (I think Cloane and Elena are). Now, if Sloane goes off the deep end again, I think that he could form a partnership with Elena, but right now, I don't think that's the case.

If Sloane and Elena are in cahoots, why the fingerprint stuff and the convo re "Sophia's" little scrape? That wouldn't make a whole lot of sense.

Back