AP testing!

ms.katejones said:
I wrote my essay on Bismark. We had to compare him to Metternich. (God I forgot how to spell that already!) My other essay was contrasting the religious policies of Elizabeth I of Eng. and Isabella of Spain.

I forget the DBQ b/c that's just about using the sources they give you.

Good luck though, I bet you'll do fine.  :D
[post="1324738"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Theoretically I need to wait another 24 hours before I can discuss the test...I love how they make you sign a hundred things...and bubble all this stuff in. The proctor happened to be this rather crabby lady that kept complaining that we were bubbling too slowly...so I sort of lead a protest...and she then asked me if I would like to come up here and proctor. "Sure, beats taking the test...just tell the guys in charge of this that I really got a 5." I think they somehow messed up the timing...because I had alot of time to write those essays...

The was nothing on WWI...I was sooooo bummed...I wished I studied Lenin some more...I ended up writing alot of bull for my essays because well...I didn't know anything about that they asked...and I confused my Henry's...so I kept it safe and didn't do the essay on him...though I found out it was the Henry I knew really well!

How did your AP's go? I'm just happy I got it over with!

I forget the DBQ b/c that's just about using the sources they give you.

Whoa... wait a minute there, it's way more than just using the sources they give you. You need lots and lots of outside information. You can use the documents like triggers, but basically there needs to be lots of information that isn't mentioned in the documents. Probably a little late to tell you this, though.

Hope everybody did amazingly! And that nobody lost their minds like my history teachers did.

^Actually to get the basic core points you don't really need to bring in outside info, the purpose of the DBQ is basically to see how well you can analyze the documents, group them together, realize the biases (which this year's DBQ you can argue doesn't really have...because they happened to be all from a certain kind of people...though you can say there was a bias for the book and a few other minor things [or so I think]), the different point of views, etc, etc. It is however preferable that you bring outside information in. (This year you could have just went blah, blah, blah, about the EU and you were okay.) In general if you want to do well...do bring in outside info...just don't bring it in if you don't know if it's true.

^But the question tells you to use outside information...

Ok my exam sucked, and it's not good when everyone else talks about how easy it was. My essays were so short! I didn't know how to answer one question, so that essay was only one page long. :depressed: I'm just glad its over!!!!

Did anyone take the sat 2s for US history? I thought it was harder than the AP test.

So that's history, now just Bio... Bio, bio, bio. And then I can come here without feeling guilty.

^Actually, on the AP Euro test you don't have to use that much outside info. On the AP U.S. test they make you use more of your own knowledge. At least that's what my teachers told us.

Ohh EURO test. :heh: AP Bio test in half an hour!! I didn't even start studying until yesterday afternoon. The AP US history test tired me out. And I didn't study for that long because I had to go to my cousin's birthday. So little studying... hmm this should be interesting. :Ponder:

yes, very interesting... LOL sorry, i just had to say that! So anyone take the bio? that stuff was ok, actually, didn't answer like more than 20 of the MC but, hey, we'll see what happens...*countdowns to june...or is it july...??*

It's July, ok I should be glad because its over!!! But I can't help feeling so disapointed. BUT ITS OVER! But I could have done so much better... But it doesn't matter because it's over!! But I had a chance of passing... Haaah. C'mon 2...

the_alliance said:
i think i just failed the physics one.
[post="1333797"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Don't worry I thought I did HORRIBLE on physics (didn't even answer one of the free responses) but I ended up passing. I'm sure you did ok. At least it's over. :D

ms.katejones said:
Don't worry I thought I did HORRIBLE on physics (didn't even answer one of the free responses) but I ended up passing. I'm sure you did ok. At least it's over.  :D
[post="1335204"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Wow!! That sounds so reassuring...

I found out for one of my essays in history, I talked about the wrong things... It was totally different from te answer they wanted, well I didn't know anything about it! It was only one page long. Baah

i did about as well as expected, although i did better than expected in german and not quite as well as expected in comparitive politics.

I also did a lot better than I expected in English, but still not as good as I hoped.

Back