AP testing!

I got a 3 in AP Euro. Je suis tres triste. (Wait...that may have been a mix of French and Spanish) I wanted a 4 really badly...but it's a miracle I got a 3. My essays were such BS.

Just out of curiosity, how many AP tests are you guys allowed to take/year? And how many do they recommend you take at most/year?

--Mandy :angelic:

for us...we can take as many as we want...I believe. at my school the most you can take is around 6, but that's cause you usually only take 6 courses in grade 12. I have my AP bio exam the first week of May, I would have had my physics one on the same day but I dropped it. But for Canadian uni's that except the AP course as a first year credit you need about a 4....you should take the AP bio exam mandy..you could probably pass no problem, with all the help you give me. :lol:

for us...we can take as many as we want...I believe. at my school the most you can take is around 6, but that's cause you usually only take 6 courses in grade 12. I have my AP bio exam the first week of May, I would have had my physics one on the same day but I dropped it. But for Canadian uni's that except the AP course as a first year credit you need about a 4....you should take the AP bio exam mandy..you could probably pass no problem, with all the help you give me. :lol:
I looked at the sample questions and they were hard. Some of the topics we won't be covering in our curriculum. I wish I could take the AP bio exam though. I'm so pissed right now about it... but it's a long story. *sigh*
---Mandy :angelic:

I think we're also allowed to take as many as we want. Or whatever is offered... some of them have prerequisites though. I love the ap bio exam! Hah, loved how I only studied for it for like... two hours and passed! Can't say the same for all the other tests. The amount recommended probably vary per student, lots of overachievers out there. I'm noticing in physics, most of the students who do super well don't even study that much! I'm tempted to try that...

what did you get in the AP bio exam, if you don't mind me asking? What were you trying to get? cause for me, it would be great if I get a 4 but that would probably be stretching it...my one friend got a 5 last year (grade 11) and got a 4 in grade 9...i know, he is uber-smart.

Uber smart and uber rich! Why would someone pay $85 ish dollars to take it again if they already passed? Perfectionists...

I got a 4, yeah I was shocked. There were lots of times where I couldn't think of words so I made them up... :lol:

Uber smart and uber rich! Why would someone pay $85 ish dollars to take it again if they already passed? Perfectionists...

I got a 4, yeah I was shocked. There were lots of times where I couldn't think of words so I made them up... :lol:

is it really that much?? for some reason I thought it was free if not at most half that. He wanted to get a 5 for some reason...he is really odd :lol: (our principal called him that cause he started talking about skunk smells during this sports dinner my school holds, it was funny)

but that's what I do during tests, I make up a whole bunch of nonsense :Ph34r: and somehow I get stuff right, and I'm like :blink: your kidding right? so now you have a choice on whether or not your taking first year bio in university right? or am I just wrong....cause some of the universities in Canada give you the option of taking it or not, but it is only a couple of them.

I know that Western, Toronto, McGill and Guelph all accept AP credits. Queens and Waterloo do not. ;) Not sure about others

I know that Western, Toronto, McGill and Guelph all accept AP credits. Queens and Waterloo do not. ;) Not sure about others

Really, that means I have to take bio over again, if I go to waterloo darn it, than maybe I should have taken normal bio. oh well, there's still a chance for mcmaster :D hopefullly....maybe.

hmmmm....*runs to the site* yeah, umm didn't really get the answer I wanted/understand...

--------
Applicants who have completed Advanced Placement Courses will be considered for admission to a level I program.

Advanced credit (up to 18 units ) may be awarded at the discretion of the Faculty to those students that have completed Advanced Placement Examinations and achieved a minimum grade of 4 in acceptable courses. An official copy of the final Advanced Placement Examination Results report from ETS is required as part of the evaluation process.

-------

does this mean that I have to take a first year bio course even if I get a 4 and what is this talk of 18 units? I'm soo lost (n)

I dunno what 18 units mean but it means that even if you get a 4, they may or may not give you a credit for it. ;)

They do that here too! A three is suppose to mean qualified and a two is suppose to mean possibly qualified, yet some colleges only accept fours and fives. I actually don't mind if they don't get credit because I don't wanna take the next level if I'm not ready! It's just the whole fee deal... I wish the tests were optional because every year I'm paying to fail a test. And if we don't pay, the AP part of the class doesn't show up on our transcript. Whenever I fail I like to think, "oh well, the class will be easier the second time around," but then the fee makes me not neutral anymore.

I like bio! I like how we can make up felgercarb when we don't know an answer and it turns out to be right. Can't do that with physics.

Back