GFX Art of Pinnelipe

Re: Art of Momma

I've watched a couple of shows on them.

The women look worse. They don't have quite that much muscle, but they've got enough to look absolutely disgusting.

I think there are some things that should be watched on tv.

South Park, The Daily Show, most of Discovery stuff, Bill Maher, etc.

Song, now named Utavis, has been redone. I decided her hair style needs to have something closer to down since it actually seems to give her a more mature look. However, I didn't want to just have it down even with the accessories on her hair sides. I may add something to her upper arms and she's have metal bracelets around her wrists.

Her age is 16-18. Not yet decided otherwise. This picture was traced using a mouse. I wish I had a wacom..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Yuffie-Teddy/Utatrace.jpg

Edit: This picture is Uta at the time of her capture..Or perhaps when she is able to relax. Her traveling outfit is still being worked on. So far, the inspiration for the traveling outfit will probably come from this picture- http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Yuffie-Teddy/f_7cbc719fcbb2.jpg

Yeah, 'cause, you know... There's nothing odd about "Hunl". Nope.

It's just a forum name, trust me, it is probably better then my oft used forum name.

I also was not refering to forum names in general though. ^^

Wow, wish I could share my 10" by 10" Wacom tablet with you Momma. It's not getting any use now a days since I've lost my muse.
I like the mouse trace of Song. LoL
Good stuff, thanks for sharing.

Song, now named Utavis, has been redone. I decided her hair style needs to have something closer to down since it actually seems to give her a more mature look. However, I didn't want to just have it down even with the accessories on her hair sides. I may add something to her upper arms and she's have metal bracelets around her wrists.

Her age is 16-18. Not yet decided otherwise. This picture was traced using a mouse. I wish I had a wacom..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Yuffie-Teddy/Utatrace.jpg

Edit: This picture is Uta at the time of her capture..Or perhaps when she is able to relax. Her traveling outfit is still being worked on. So far, the inspiration for the traveling outfit will probably come from this picture- http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Yuffie-Teddy/f_7cbc719fcbb2.jpg

For a while there, I thought your sigy said Utaris

For a while there, I thought your sigy said Utaris

That's alright! Makes us even.. Every time I see your name, I keep thinking "Tink?" and looking for Tinkerbell.. I love that little fairy..

Probably wasn't the best font. I may look around on the internet for a new one later, but for right now it looks very nice when not being confused with inappropriate things.

Meant to say this before, but I've been remiss in my duties.

Very nice looking sig, Pinn.

A picture of a more adult Uta, but I can't help but feel that I took a step backward with it. People who know a lot about proportions, critique away.. I am almost certain it's off in a few ways. A VERY rough sketch that is not yet cleaned at all.

None of her outfit is leather although part of it is thicker cloth. A lot of the outfit is going to be rethought as I try to get the effect I want without making her look like a clown with part of a curtain wrapped around her.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Yuffie-Teddy/Uta2.jpg

Pretty nice. As you've said, the proportions aren't 100%, but they're not glaringly so. All-in-all I'd say you did fairly well. Clowns rule, though. :P

The only thing I really notice is that pinky closest to us, well the fingers over all. Using some knuckle shading maybe can help you put more acute joint structure in there. The left shoulder over all too seems more stiff than the right background shoulder which actually is laying rather naturally.
If you revisit the image ever again try a thumbnail of her elbow 'laying' against the wall and then her forearm and hand just reacting to that.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Yuffie-Teddy/Uta4.jpg

Eyes in progress.. Next version will also be traced to clean up. Proportions corrected! I also belatedly realised her far thigh would not show like that, but that's an easy thing to solve. Easier that drawing those eyes with a number two pencil..

Input is read and taken into account when looking over my pictures to clean up, so thank you everyone who gives constructive criticism, and thank you people who say the work is good even if it could be better because you also give me the confidence I need to keep trying!

This newer version was done mostly during class. I seem to draw better when I am not supposed to be drawing.. (See past picture called "Song"...)

Due to Uta's personality starting to slide slightly off course because of the picture, I'm going to start up on a new one soon and keep the old one away for clean up later.. Plus, I'm going to be working on a big project for the next few months involving intense work and finding a million ways to keep my problem of file corruption into coming. Oy! Any suggestions help there.. It's going to be a 3D movie of a single character that will be heavy on the jiggling of body fat and the swaying of gauzy cloth, so I'm almost certain it will become corrupted at some point in time just because of how intense the physics will be getting.

Oh! And if anyone has experience with online portfolios, I'm going to need help figuring out how to pull together one. I know of image hosting sites, but actual free portfolio sites seem to be a little hard to come by. Saw one, seemed like a lesser version of Photobucket..

As for the Uta's personality, she was beginning to actually become a big flirt and now she's going back to a personality you might expect from an unshy but quiet priestess.

Back