Beard? :D

Evenvarg

Cadet
How will beard look like? Will the elven-race (forgo it´s name) have the option to grow beard (males... not females....) also is curly hair in the game or just the strait hair...

Thank ya :D :D :D

-Evenvarg

Right now, we don't know the official answers to these questions.

I'm guessing that the Ilvari can't grow beards, from the few screenshots we've seen of them. I don't know anything about curly hair.

Only manly creatures like humans and stoneborn can grow beards. Ilvari can't because they're the p*ssy elf men that like to hump trees and play the flute.

Someone at Simu writing the lore just read Daax's post and died a little inside.
I dunno, hopefully beards will get a better treatment than they have in other MMOs. Like 3 styles with at least 2 of them charmed up with beads and felgercarb.

I suspect, judging by the screenshots and level of detail involved in the avatars, that you will be pleasantly surprised, and that a large number of choices for features such as beards will be available. I could be wrong. I know elves are not usually capable of growing beards in your typical fantasy world, but who knows..

I'd like to see something akin for all race's and their hair / beards such as.. What the top, back, bangs, side burns, gotee all have seperate options like in other create a character games.
And I'm with ya there Evenvarg. Sure I always make a smooth gambler type, but I always like to RP a very sutton-inspired bearded rough guy as well.

In one of the videos that's out there (can't remember which one) there are a couple beard options shown. If the beard has it's own sliders then it could be nearly endless in combinations just like everything else. Don't know about races and beards though.

Daax said:
Only manly creatures like humans and stoneborn can grow beards. Ilvari can't because they're the p*ssy elf men that like to hump trees and play the flute.
LOL... that's actually funny.

Daax said:

I think they would call it moss on the elves. If I follow Daax's post.

*Pictures a skinny white Ilvari with an afro and a soul patch saying "Alright" really slowly and smoothly after busting out some kick ass disco moves.*

Dude, all kinds of WTF going on... :( Seriously, though, I need a soul patch in-game. My IRL one is not coming along as I'd hoped. ...Damn you, 17! I'm cursed with the only kind of proper facial hair I can grow being a mustache. That's all kinds of nonsense... :(

I know in WoW some Night Elves had beards, but I don't know how it'll fold in Hero's Journey. I'm almost positive that there will be an option for it though. The character creation in HJ is supposed to far-surpass everything to date, so that means what every other game has, and than some.

I better be able to put a beared on my old haggard wizard elf too!

EQ 1 the elves had beards sort of, until the rework I think. Also remember we have the RACE slider now. So I'm certain facial hair will probably be universal.

Back