Ben and Jen hope for Daredevil Sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cast News

Official News Poster
Monsters and Critics
Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner are hoping to make a sequel of 'Daredevil' together.

The smitten couple, who met on the set of the action film and married earlier this year, are expecting a baby - but hope to collaborate on a possible follow up after their child is born.

Jennifer said about a possible 'Daredevil 2': "Ben says it's in the early stages but he is hopeful.

"It would be fun to work together again - not to mention convenient."

Meanwhile the star couple have sparked rumours they want to name their unborn baby daughter Violet.

Sources claim the 'Alias' beauty left a baby book in her trailer on the set of her latest film, 'Catch and Release', with the name 'Violet' highlighted. Last month, it was revealed they are reportedly expecting a baby girl.

A source claimed they let slip the secret of their unborn baby's sex while in the Turks and Caicos Islands, where they married.

According to America's In Touch magazine, Ben was overheard saying to his new wife: "My mom wants to know what we're going to name her, but I say, 'What does it matter what she's named if she has a healthy granddaughter?'

"Our baby will be perfect"

*prays* please name her something normal

and um, is it just me or does anyone else think this is a big mistake?

yeah mandy
i mean... Daredevil wasn't that successful... Elektra bombed with critics tho it wasnt dreadful.... with bens career kinda flopping around i just think this is a stuipd move -_-

and it really has nothing to do with my feelings on their relationship its just ... sequels dont work

:lol: Well I would still go see it if they do one. (Just for Jen though. ;) )

I was watching AH or ET or Extra the other day (one of them. :rolleyes: ) and they were talking about sequels. And they were saying that new movies don't do that well either because almost every idea out there has been done and there's no excitment anymore and making a sequel is sometimes a safer option because they know that people already like the movie and they'd want to see more of it ;)
--Mandy :angelic:

Jinnie said:
*raises hand*

Some things just should not happen.
[post="1441599"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Agreed. I enjoyed Daredevil and Elektra, but I'm hoping Ben learned his lesson with Gigli. Don't do it Jen!!! But if she does I'll still go see it.

I'm torn between my side that says 'support what Jen does' and the side that says, 'this is one of the worst ideas ever'.

*shudder*

Come on Kewii, you know you wanna see Ben in his skin tight suit again. :P
--mandy :angelic:

I don't want to be on the bad side, but I really don't think this movie will even last in theaters too long if it's made. Though I admit i may go see it mattering on what the plot is.

I hope to heck they don't make a sequal. If they do Jen shouldn't be in it. I think the whole working with your spouse thing is kinda iffy. Usually it turns out bad.

The only reason i bought DD is because Jen was in it and she did a great job even though the movie wasn't great.

The movie was entertaining and the scenes with Jen in them was good but ... that's about it. ;)

I liked Elektra much better. Not that it was that great either, but there was more of a story i think.

I wonder who the villian would be if they did make a DD sequal?

It all depends on what their inspiration for Daredevil 2 would be. If they stick with the promise of Daredevil Director's Cut, then it could be great. However, I'll see anything with Jen in it, but I'm pretty sure not everyone feels that way. :angelic:

Also, I have this bad feeling that they will focus more on the commercial success of the film and try to make it more like a Spiderman instead of Batman Returns, and this doesn't work for Daredevil, he's NOT like Spiderman, he's a darker character and so is Elektra for that matter. If they let them stay true to the comic books, then it would be good.

mystery_chick said:
:lol: Well I would still go see it if they do one. (Just for Jen though. ;) )

[post="1441600"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
yeah me too

mystery_chick said:
Come on Kewii, you know you wanna see Ben in his skin tight suit again. :P
[post="1441610"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

oh good god *shudder*

Hello BEN!! Do you remember GIGLI!!!??? Dear god please don't put your crazy ideas into Jen's head. She is a smart business woman and this would not be a smart business move.

Maybe if they weren't married but this has disaster written all over it.

I read this yesterday, and I was thinking to myself about how much I didn't like the Daredevil movie. I think the only reason I went to see it was because of JG. I have some other comments I would make about couples in movies together, but I'll keep them to myself. :P Wish them the best of luck. :smiley:

Why would Jen spill out that working with Ben would be convienient now. She wouldn't. As for Daredevil/Elektra prospects. Avi Arad already said that the chance of having a sequel of any of those movies won't happen. To the studios any prospect of one is 95% dead right now.

This story orginated from IMDB. I think that should tell us something right there. And I think they got it from someone who claimed to have met JG. I highly doubt a sequel is happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back