Beta... (Oh yea, you know it.)

I'm not sure if its from the videos, or from mmorpg.com, but I have this looming memory that there was an aimed beta (closed or open, not sure on either.) planned for 2006. With 2007 getting closer, this little memory is starting to bother me more and more. Logic tells me Beta won't happen till early 2007, but that little hope for 2006 is still there.

EDIT: Forgot the question.

Any idea as to why I think this? Any thing to back it up? Just curious, and we need posts.

WatchMaker said:
...but I have this looming memory that there was a aimed beta...

'an' aimed beta... If the following word begins with a vowel, you use 'an,' otherwise, use an 'a' Cool? Good. Although, there are folks who insist that words that begin with a silent 'h' should still use 'an' .. like 'Historical' .. but I think they are not right in the head. I'm sorry.. what was the question? I think this is the wine talking. Tank you. g'night.

Yes.. I think beta was supposed to be... NOW.

Grammar_Nazi.jpg

*this thread has been officially hijacked*

Doctor *peering over corpse*: 'This is one of the worst cases i've ever seen...'

Detective *stern of face*: 'Poor topic never saw it comin'... looks like a hit and run right off the curb Doc.'

As the Dective nods his head to the kneeling EMS crew they slowly draw the familiar sheet over the freshly chalk outlined thread.

Azdel said:
HAH! TAKE THIS!

That'll learn ya'!

That is the sweetest card and I can't wait to show my gf. She always says we hate foreign languages here in the states and that we do what we can to change words etymology to suit us better and not have a history on them.

Navarre said:
'an' aimed beta... If the following word begins with a vowel, you use 'an,' otherwise, use an 'a' Cool? Good. Although, there are folks who insist that words that begin with a silent 'h' should still use 'an' .. like 'Historical' .. but I think they are not right in the head. I'm sorry.. what was the question? I think this is the wine talking. Tank you. g'night.

Yes.. I think beta was supposed to be... NOW.

Grammar_Nazi.jpg

I don't think historical is a good example of a silent H.

I don't say istorical.

Hour or honest are probably better substitutes.

HJ-Diviana said:
I don't think historical is a good example of a silent H.

I don't say istorical.

Hour or honest are probably better substitutes.

Yes, 'hour' and 'honest' are better examples. I don't say it either, but many do. Google search of "an historical" = 7,360,000 results.

Leo said:
And what about those herbs and herbivores? Though blur says the h because he is backwards ;)
Hey! There's a letter there... it needs to be pronounced. You Americans... :rolleyes2:

As much as we Americans have serious issues with pronunciation, the French have us beat. How you get an "o" sound out of "-eaux" I'll never understand.

The Japanese have it down pat :P when they wright konichiwa they mean konichiwa not like us weirdos who speak English, i mean why do we have so many words that have silent letters like writing and ballet well i could go on for ages but i don't feel like it :smiley: .

Yeah and the Japanese grammar makes a whole lot more sense than ours, try diagramming an English sentence and a Japanese one and see which is easier. On my fourth year of Japanese now and I intend to keep studying it, it's a beautiful language and culture.

WatchMaker said:
Just don't rely on them for military support. Fren.....fishes can't seem to do that.

They've seen more war in their history, than we have. Just because they don't like warfare doesn't mean they can't fight.

Back