Politics Body Image

SiriCerasi said:
omg this picture just makes me cringe

KeiraKnigh_Grani_1246721_400.jpg

i wonder if she even weighs 100 lbs...
she's ripped... 🤤

🇳🇴 Sam, for some reason, I don't think that's something you want to say in this thread...

My parents always worry that I'm anorexic... I don't know why. I'm a healthy 114 lbs and 5'3". I tried to make myself throw up once. And then I thought about it, and I was so disgusted with myself. One of my friends was going through intense body image issues last year. She absolutely hated the way she looked. She's worked through that a bit now though, thankfully.

I'm a psych major, so body image, eating disorders, interest me a lot. And yes, anorexia is often associated with control. Girls (and sometimes guys) feel like their life is out of control, so they control one of the few things they can, their eating habits. But it is also very much associated with body image.

I would elaborate, but I am TIRED.

nance said:
uh... no kidding :lol: :rolleyes:

all the models are disgustingly anorexic... i mean... *runs to style.com*

i think this model makes anybody look skinny

100113405.jpg

(Vera Wang fall fashion 2003)

i personally don't want to look like that. :o_O:
she's more than skinny
if I just give her a flick she'll fall !! lmao :lol:

SiriCerasi said:

Keira and Jennifer Garner aren't slim they're thin with a bit of curves !

-The model is more than skinny
-Jennifer, Kara and other actresses are thin/skinny with a bit of curves
-Monica Bellucci is good with REAL CURVES !! (I tried to find a good pic but I didn't find, sorry). She said "My body is so important to me...my face, my arms, my legs, my hands, my eyes, everything. I use everything I have."
-and after it's plump ppl
-after between plump and fat
-and after it's fat

ugh its the stupid society we have bilt ourselves. We need another Marilyn Monroe for the 20th centery (y) She wasn't fat, she was normal with curves. Then Twiggy ruined it all . . .

SiriCerasi said:

she looks like a stick, that's about to fall over.

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE THAT SKINNY TO FEEL GOOD ABOUT YOURSELF!!!

i don't even know how someone that skiny would feel good about themselves.

Look at all the actresses these days who are slim, they're no where as skiny as her and they're NOT fat.

People are always telling me I'm too skinny, and truthfully I do care about my body image (but not so much my acutal looks :blink:smiley:, but not enough to not eat or anything.

a lot of people think I'm anorexic because I'm skinny. I don't care about my body image really, I think you should make the best of what you have and be happy with it. ;)

im always going through weight issues, like many of you said..why would anyone want to be that skinny?! i dont think anyone really plans and wants to be that skinny when they start to "diet". i went through a major eating disorder seventh through freshman year and am still working through it. it influences everything i eat and im always thinking about my weight.

the horrible part of it is, i know its wrong and i know i am hurting my body by purging but everyonce and awhile i just look at my self and hate what i see so i handle it in the worst way possible.

i have never gotten as bad as anorexia, even though i know some girls who have. being a dancer, everyone in all of my classes deals with weight during the year at least once.

i think that's the only thing i like about myself... i can eat anything and everything i want :lol: and not be woried about being fat... ^_^

and then people say they hate me. :angry: :lol:

One of my friends was Bulemic (or however you spell it). In her case a boyfriend had told her that she was ugly and fat!! :angry: Can you believe that. She is one of the sweetest people I have ever met!! Because of a boyfriend she spent 7 months throwing up everytime she ate until she got caught. That boyfriend crushed her for life because now she is terrified of being in a relationship, she wears tons of makeup, and she has to see a shrink (because of depression). :madfire:

twinzz2003 said:
One of my friends was Bulemic (or however you spell it). In her case a boyfriend had told her that she was ugly and fat!! :angry: Can you believe that. She is one of the sweetest people I have ever met!! Because of a boyfriend she spent 7 months throwing up everytime she ate until she got caught. That boyfriend crushed her for life because now she is terrified of being in a relationship, she wears tons of makeup, and she has to see a shrink (because of depression). :madfire:
:eek: :angry:

aaaaah wtf... this guy needs some sense in his head. argh it pissed me off when people have the balls to say that to someone. :angry:

and seriously, if someone told me i was fat, i could care less. :rolleyes:

exactly and you know what's worse. my friend wasn't the only one to get hurt by the same jerk... I know a few other girls who went through the same thing she did. It makes me want to tell the world to watch out for him.

nance said:
twinzz2003 said:
One of my friends was Bulemic (or however you spell it).  In her case a boyfriend had told her that she was ugly and fat!! :angry:  Can you believe that.  She is one of the sweetest people I have ever met!!  Because of a boyfriend she spent 7 months throwing up everytime she ate until she got caught.  That boyfriend crushed her for life because now she is terrified of being in a relationship, she wears tons of makeup, and she has to see a shrink (because of depression). :madfire:
:eek: :angry:

aaaaah wtf... this guy needs some sense in his head. argh it pissed me off when people have the balls to say that to someone. :angry:

and seriously, if someone told me i was fat, i could care less. :rolleyes:
yeah, i know i'm a bit chunky but whenever some popular b**** calls me fat, i'm just like "yeah, well at least i have boobs" (because most of them are stick thin with no curves) :lol:

Back