Bored out of my mind...

Kuzzle

Cadet
Today, I'm leaving the property for the 7th time since I quit school on October 2nd... Twice was for GED testing, once was for a meeting with some people about some other testing, once was for a doctor's appointment, and I went shopping twice. Today, I'm going to spend Thanksgiving with my mother's family.

I got two new games the day before yesterday, DEAD RISING and LEGO Star Wars 2, but I'm already kind of bored of them. I sit for hours with the TV off, just kind of being there.

The only person that I talk to outside my family and their friends sends me so many mixed signals that half the time I have no idea what's going through their head.

I can't think of anything to do. Every activity that I can think of ranges from Boring to Miserable. If there's something that's actually enjoyable out there, I've not come across it. Because, while some things may be "fun" for a moment, they can't hold my interest long enough to justify persuing them.

I need to think of something to do. First off, I'm bored, and it's making me more cynical than usual. Secondly, if I don't start doing some more social things, they might as well slap a "Hermit" label on me right now...

Any goals I might once have had now seem like an unjustifiable amount of work. Any kind of job training/education/whatever I get will just condemn me to a mediocre job where I will be equally unsatisfied. I'll end up working too much and getting payed to little, regardless of what route I take, so, in the end, it doesn't really matter...

So, if anyone's got any ideas in regards to actual activities, please post them. I won't be on for a few days, since I'll be out of town, but I'll check when I get back. Of course, nobody bothered to tell me how long I'd be out of town for...

I suck at RPing, especially without a graphical representation to work off of. See, things in my head have a way of warping... Besides, fantasy's really not my thing, and with he way things've been going with this game... *sigh* I'm just not so sure anymore, ya know?

I would suggest books or art. Or take up some sort of craft that can not only occupy your time but provide some revenue.
Write a book...

Install Linux on a parts computer & learn it... computers are the wave of the future... learning Linux *or any FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD or *BSD derivative will be a great addition to your knowledge and skills. Of course if you like M$ Windoze for an OS, you can learn to become a Windows Vista CCNA/MCSE type person... though, find the right cracker jack box and it'll give you one for free.

Just my two copper.

~ Jar

Do things for people. Some of the worst times I had were made better by doing stuff for other people.

Like when I worked at Sears and I was really angry about something I was blamed for but wasn't my fault (it was worked out, but I was still mad) so I went and bought a big bag of Lindt chocolate and gave one to each of the other employees.

Back