Braces

Braces hurt some people more than others. You'll either find that they're not so bad, or are just as painful as you thought. Good luck! :D

I guess only very few people need springs... They look like springs. I got them because I have two teeth missing down the bottom and they needed to make gaps to put fake teeth into. So I have these giant gaps between my front bottom teeth and the molars. *weeps silently into a pillow* And they mean that I have to wear my bottom retainer most of the day. :( :cry:

it depends how bad your teeth are... the worse they are, the more they hurt

and as for pain.. oh god it's so hard to explain... ok...

it's not "pain" as such. it's more as if someon'e puling on your teeth (mind you, your gums do NOT hurt at all). it's not like the pain you'd get when you cut your finger... it's more like tying a piece of thread around your finger and pulling... do you know what I mean?

and trust me, it's not that bad :clover: you'll be fine!

I'm supposed to get my braces off at the end of the year! I'm really happy because I've had them about a year and a half.

Braces hurt when you first get them on. Mine hurt for about a week, but I have sensitive teeth. Also I had to get mine put on at two different times, I had to get the top ones put on then waited about 3 months, then had the bottom ones put on. That hurt. The pain affects some people differently. After that though they usually don't hurt unless someone hits you in the mouth. <_<

Sakhmet said:
Braces hurt some people more than others. You'll either find that they're not so bad, or are just as painful as you thought. Good luck! :D

I guess only very few people need springs... They look like springs. I got them because I have two teeth missing down the bottom and they needed to make gaps to put fake teeth into. So I have these giant gaps between my front bottom teeth and the molars. *weeps silently into a pillow* And they mean that I have to wear my bottom retainer most of the day. :( :cry:
[post="1453606"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

My teeth were the opposite, I had to get teeth pulled out, not put in. :lol:

At first, for me, it didn't hurt at all. But I felt it an hour later when I tried to eat a banana. I basically I had to use my tongue to chew, or swallow things whole. But if your really craving something... like chips, you can crunch it up into powder-like form and eat it. :angelic:

my braces the first time around never hurt. i never ever remember them hurting.
now i'm on my second round of them though. they hurt when they got put in -- not the actual applying of the brackets but the pulling of my teeth afterward because, well, obviously you have metal pulling them together/apart, left/right, whatever. so when they get tightened they hurt because my teeth are being moved. but otherwise they are okay. they don't hurt. they are just yucky.

m-c

I agree, getting them on doesn't hurt. It's just boring. Haha the part where they dried my teeth, I didn't know they were drying it, and it felt weird, so I licked my teeth when they took a pause from drying and the lady kinda yelled at me. :angelic: For the rest of the time, they kept reminding me to keep my tongue in the back.

So I haven't read all 17 pages but I'll tell you my braces and orthodentic story.

Firstly I have too few teeth, I'm two short and I have hyperdenture which means small teeth on my lower jaw.

So when I was 13 I had 5 teeth removed in one go, then wore a retainer for probably 18 months. Then I had two exposures which means cutting away gum above teeth to make them come through, which was pretty dam painful, then I had fixed braces for two and half years which everyone knows hurts when they tighten the wires and stuff, then I had plastic retainers which are clear so you can't see them which are a nuisance cos I can't eat with them in but don't hurt, finally on Thursday I finally got my dental implants which means they cut your gum, drill into your jaw and put a metal post in. In six months they will fix false teeth to it. And I'm now 18 so its been going on 5 years. Thursdays op was so bad they had to give me a general anethetic. So just think, no matter how bad the braces, some one is always worse off.

Ouch... since you have it so bad, you can think of people who don't have teeth at all!!

Hmm now that I think about it... no teeth means no braces. :Ponder: :sly: Nah I don't hate braces that much.

oh my god random comment. when i was getting my braces on they put this thing in my mouth to keep it all open and such. all i could think about was the creepy evil asian dentist suit and glasses. i was so freaked out! hehe.

m-c

I wanna have bracers but now I'm 20years so if I woul get them I would have to pay for them myself and NOOO, should have gotten them when it was free.. :( But I didn't cause my dentist thought there were kids needing them more and I was in waiting list... :(

acting_chica said:
oh my god random comment. when i was getting my braces on they put this thing in my mouth to keep it all open and such. all i could think about was the creepy evil asian dentist suit and glasses. i was so freaked out! hehe.

m-c
[post="1457191"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I think that happens to all of us. 😆 Or me at least!

IsabellaOfSweden said:
I wanna have bracers but now I'm 20years so if I woul get them I would have to pay for them myself and NOOO, should have gotten them when it was free.. :( But I didn't cause my dentist thought there were kids needing them more and I was in waiting list... :(
[post="1457632"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Aww, insurance won't pay for it? How can there be a waiting list for braces!? :lol: You should have gone to an orthdontist, they'll tell you that you need braces! ;)

IsabellaOfSweden said:
[post="1457632"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Bella :hug: but we can be happy/lucky that we live in Sweden cuz yea it is free under the age of 20 and it is the same with the hospital visits..... ;)

I'm possibly getting braces soon cos I have a gap where I had an extra baby tooth and it never closed up and it really irritates me, not that I'm looking forward to braces either!

Sabella said:
I'm possibly getting braces soon cos I have a gap where I had an extra baby tooth and it never closed up and it really irritates me, not that I'm looking forward to braces either!
[post="1460694"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
what type are you getting? the invisiline, metal, or the plastic looking ones? I have the plastic looking ones, you can't tell they're there when you have clear bands. :D

I had to have braces put on twice. Because my teeth were so messed up they had to put them on when i was 9, which was before i had all my permanent teeth, so they had to put them on again to fix the rest of my teeth. I didn't like them, but looking back, my teeth really did look bad and i'm glad the problem could be corrected.

I had to have braces put on twice. Because my teeth were so messed up they had to put them on when i was 9, which was before i had all my permanent teeth, so they had to put them on again to fix the rest of my teeth. I didn't like them, but looking back, my teeth really did look bad and i'm glad the problem could be corrected.

Yeah, as annoying as braces could be, I'm so happy I don't have all the teeth issues I use to.

Back