Brothers & Sisters

Hi ,

I didn't see anything about this show just started on our TV channel
Balthazar Getty (aka Thomas Grace) and Ron Rifkin stars in it with Calista Flockhart and stuff
It's a great show Ron is the uncle , i just love watching him!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's still same old Sloane to me , the way he talks , the way he looks...

So I've been too lazy to check on imdb.com but can ya tell me is this a new one (i'm almost sure it's new) and is it on on american TV ?

thanks,
Jules

Hi ,

I didn't see anything about this show just started on our TV channel
Balthazar Getty (aka Thomas Grace) and Ron Rifkin stars in it with Calista Flockhart and stuff
It's a great show Ron is a family dad , i just love watching him!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's still same old Sloane to me , the way he talks , the way he looks...

So I've been too lazy to check on imdb.com but can ya tell me is this a new one (i'm almost sure it's new) and is it on on american TV ?

thanks,
Jules

Correction, Ron is the uncle to the younger characters. He plays Sally Field's older brother, Saul.

Brothers and Sisters first aired on September 2006 in North America. It will start it's second season soon.

Correction, Ron is the uncle to the younger characters. He plays Sally Field's older brother, Saul.

Brothers and Sisters first aired on September 2006 in North America. It will start it's second season soon.

Thank you very much, superintelligentone , I only watched it once ,so I didn't know much about it , I'll correct the post now ,
I'm glad that it's starting its second season , I love to see Tom and Sloane on screen :smiley:

Julia, I should point out that Brothers & Sisters has two other links to Alias.

Ken Olin who was an Executive Producer & Director of Alias is also Executive Producer & Director of Brothers & Sisters. His real life wife, Patricia Wettig, who played Dr. Judy Barnet in Alias, plays Holly Harper in B&S.

Holly has an important part to play in the plot through her unusual connections to the Walker family. It infuriates some viewers, but the show is like a nighttime soap opera. Keep watching to see what I mean. :cool:

I've haven't see Patricia in the series yet , well I get it she couldn't get enough Sloane on Alias , she's following him ! LOL
I luv to talk about this kind of relations , since I spend most of my time linking things to Alias :D
I haven't paid attention to the credits , now I will , to see Ken.
It's on today here at 2200 cet
Thanx ,
jules

I've haven't see Patricia in the series yet , well I get it she couldn't get enough Sloane on Alias , she's following him ! LOL
I luv to talk about this kind of relations , since I spend most of my time linking things to Alias :D
I haven't paid attention to the credits , now I will , to see Ken.
It's on today here at 2200 cet
Thanx ,
jules

You must have missed seeing Patricia Wettig since she was in the first episode and every episode after that.

Are you in New Zealand? I read at Wikipedia that Brothers & Sisters just started there. I guess that you shouldn't look at IMDB and Wikipedia because they contain spoiler information.

Wikipedia said:
The series inherits other key personnel previously associated with Alias, including actors Balthazar Getty, Ron Rifkin, and Patricia Wettig, executive producer Ken Olin, and co-executive producer Sarah Caplan. Guest actor Joel Grey also previously appeared on Alias in a fourth-season story arc.

Hilary Duff and Roxy Olin (real-life daughter of Patricia Wettig and Ken Olin) were considered for the role of Rebecca,
the 20-year-old byproduct of Holly's affair with Nora's late husband, William
. In the end, Emily VanCamp, a former cast member of WB's Everwood, was given the role.
Roxy Olin (daughter of Patricia Wettig and Ken Olin) played the part of Michelle, Chad's girlfriend, in three episodes.
Cliff Olin (son of Patricia Wettig and Ken Olin) is a staff writer, and wrote two episodes of Brothers & Sisters "Light the Lights" and "Valentine's Day Massacre."

Hillary Duff? :blink:

Nepotism from Ken Olin! :lol:

When I found out that a new show was going to star Ron Rifkin and Sally Field, have Ken Olin as Executive Producer, and Jon Roin Batez (who wrote the Alias episode 4.19 "In Dreams..."), I knew it would be good so I saw the whole first season and loved it. I'm glad Sally was nominated for an Emmy this year for it because she totally deserves it and should win. Also, what I like about B&S is that the difference between it and a soap opera is that it has actual depth and the acting and writing is done much more for the purpose of character development as opposed to making sure people don't change the channel at any second, he.

hi ,
it's me the one who started this :D

whoa , hil duff?
could of been fun...

ken olin' s middle name should be nepotism!

and i'm not in new zealand , i'm in turkey (lovely country i should say)
it's been a few months since it begun in here

it's on tonight!

and ethan , ur right it's like a soap opera but not as shallow , duh, that's why we have a topic for it!

but despite everything , alias was the one , and still miss it , can't find the dvd's too... :( :( :(

ps: Sally for Emmy!!! Jen Garner couldn't get one sadly, so let this woman get one and we'd be happy ! (whoa , i should start writing poems!!:D )

Ah, Turkey. I've read about your presidential election and the concerns that some people want Turkey to switch from being a progressive, secular country into an Islamic republic like Iran. I don't understand why people would want to reject a progressive 21st century life for the ways & customs of the 6th century.

I believe in keeping religion a personal matter of personal preference. I also think that Separation of church & state is a good idea. People should be free to do what they want as long as it doesn't interfere with others.

Oops, I should be talking about Brothers & Sisters. So what was the latest episode about?

I heard that Jen Garner has signed on to appear in a Broadway production of 'Cyrano'. I'll see if there is anything about that in the JG section.

i missed the show yesterday:(

whatever, i don't wanna talk about my country's issues here. i'm already angry about what's going on and i really don't wanna hear the same things here in allalias , please :(((

sorry for this post , it's just that there are a lot of issues going on which i really don't understand because i'm young and that bothers me , that's all. sorry.

but you're right religion and government should totally be separated , it's so silly that they want to make us believe the same thing in a crazy way. people should be free about their beliefs. and that's how's it gonna be cos people in every country would not let sth like that happen

hello everyone,

guess the last post was too harsh i'm so sorry :( :blush:

i wanted to thank y'all for your help , but i guess i no longer watch B&S .

because i catched the re-runs the other day , and all the cast were doing and saying real nasty stuff , and that happened several times. i got really bothered and changed the channel and never returned to watch again.

i mean , as you know , i'm 13 , and i really don't wanna see that stuff...

but , honestly , thank you very very very much you guys ,

love to all,
Julia

I never saw this show but about a week ago, they aired a repeat where one of the children, I don't recall the character's name, was called to go to Iraq and leaves discreetly without saying good-bye to his family.

Anyway, to see Ron Rifkin as a different character than Sloane felt so weird and wrong to me. I'm so accustomed to seeing him as the character we all loved to hate on Alias. So to see his character smiling, relaxing and being a normal person in this show felt disturbing too-- to me anyway. :lol:

I've been really enjoying watching Brothers & Sisters --- although it is indeed strange to see Ron Rifkin in such a different role.

His character in B&S has recently gotten a lot of depth and vulnerability that was relatively rare for Sloane, although the moments when Sloane had it (as with some plot lines related to Emily) were probably some of his best.

and to find out he is also gay on the show ... or trying to keep it still a secret ... what a change for Sloane ... love the show and next season we get more episodes ... yeah!

hi y'all , haven't checked on this topic for ages ,sorry :blush:

EnAr , i totally agree , seeing ron in such a different role than sloane really bothers huge Alias fans like us ... :smiley:

But Charlie's right , too , it is a fun show no matter what...

Alias Gay , omg , is Ron gay on that show? looks like missed a lot... can smo please inform me about what's giong on the show? thanks...

Peace be with you,
Julia <O>

Saul is gay on the show but hasn't told anyone in his family as yet ... we as audience just found out on the finale for season 2 ... and then season 3 continues with that issue and some more ... great show and great acting ...

Hey, so... the whole reason I watch that show is for sloany, because the characters are so different that it frequently makes me die laughing. :LOL: Thanks for posting the big details, they keep me on track.

Back