Dismiss Notice
Alien Soup is a free community for fans of science-fiction, horror, & fantasy! Everybody is welcome here.

'Buffy' Movies Still Possible

Discussion in 'Sci-Fi and Fantasy Talk' started by Robby, Aug 12, 2004.

1. Robby

Robby The Robot

Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel creator Joss Whedon told SCI FI Wire that he's ready to return to the Buffyverse with television films once he receives a green light from The WB, home of Angel, or another network.

[Full article @ Sci-Fi Wire]

2. StoneWolf

StoneWolf Father, Husband, CAD Drafter, Reader

I think fan reaction to SMG's lack of enthusiasm for BtVS pretty much put a kybosh on this project...

But hey, I'm a bit of Whedon fanboy, so, I'll watch whatever he makes regardless.

3. Tom

Tom An Old Friend

4. StoneWolf

StoneWolf Father, Husband, CAD Drafter, Reader

I don't check the date...it just showed up in the feed...heh

5. Jethro

Jethro Moderator Staff Abductee

To resurrect for the moment, in our private podcast the subject of TV and remakes came up (remakes always a hot topic in horror communities) anyways someone asked if we thought remaking some old horror television shows would garner attention. I reckon they could do it with Buffy, take a harder edge with the monsters, while keeping the smart dialogue etc, cast unknowns etc.

They attempted it with the X-Files, successfully I thought, so there's definitely some room there for resurrecting older shows.

6. Tom

Tom An Old Friend

I liked the Buffy series and the movie.
    I read someplace (UpcomingHorror Movies UHM?) that they were doing a remake of the movie.
    If it is successful perhaps there will be a reboot of the series?