Bundled Pricing

All this tierd pricing got me thinking .... Simu really stinks it up when it comes to bundled pricing. If I am paying $30 a month for DR the least they can do is give me a good price break on GS4. The ONLY reason I don't play GS is because they don't do this. Let me add GS for another 5 -10 bucks a month. Someone suggested bundled price breaks for families too. I don't have a family, but I am all for this.

I hope to see bundles when you release HJ. I would hate to have to drop DR just to play HJ.

Seeeeeee, I told you all I wasn't made of money! :P

S.

How do you manage a family account? I assume we are talking about seperate accounts and not extra characters on the same account. If you bill multiple accounts to the same billing account what prevents somone from sharing those accounts with their friends?

I think the only company that bundles its games right now is sony, then again they have so much MMOs, they have that quantity over quality thing happening.

Anyway, bundled prices would be something i am sure current Simu players would apprecieate.

Sylvado said:
How do you manage a family account? I assume we are talking about seperate accounts and not extra characters on the same account. If you bill multiple accounts to the same billing account what prevents somone from sharing those accounts with their friends?

Trust!

Perhaps "family" is a poor choice of words. Volume discount? Group discount? If one person buys a 4 pack, 4 accounts, all under one billing statement ... It would be nice to see them get a discount. If you try to splt those account off to their own individual billing statements, your cost should go up to the single rate. Gah, did that make sense?

S.

Great idea imo, would help to generate possibly more players for GS and DR. Also the family price break would be a great idea and could be managed by ip address i would think to some extent. I dunno im not a programmer but im sure its plausable.

But damn mate how would ya be able to have time for DR and HJ, no work, sleeping, eating....have the bucket in ur room to do number 2(i don't know if you all remember that thread that got deleted).

cordy said:
Great idea imo, would help to generate possibly more players for GS and DR. Also the family price break would be a great idea and could be managed by ip address i would think to some extent. I dunno im not a programmer but im sure its plausable.

But damn mate how would ya be able to have time for DR and HJ, no work, sleeping, eating....have the bucket in ur room to do number 2(i don't know if you all remember that thread that got deleted).

If they ever convert everything over to IPv6 you could use the IP address but that would still pose a problem if you wanted to play from a different location. Most home connections right now use a dynamic IP address and although you get the same address most of the time it is not guaranteed.

As for trust, I don't trust myself let alone anyone else.

Even the ability to pay a little extra and tag a character as a family character would be great. A lot of people, i know i did at one point, have problems playing with family and htey have characters on your account for whatever reason, but no computer of their own but when they finally get that computer they have to start over.

It would be cool if we could pay their extra subfee, and then just tag the character on your account as a family character, which would allow you to log that character in using same account name and password, but wouldnt stop the other person from logging in.

So say, the account has 4 characters, but only 1 tagged as a family character, then 2 people can log in on that account max, if 3 characters were tagged as family, then 3 people could log in max, and it would probably be limited to a certain amount of family character per account.

Or, introduce character transfers, but that would probably just encourage character selling.

Back