LotRO - Promotional Pricing

Q. What do you get for the LOTRO player who has everything?

A. More LOTRO at a great price!

This season Turbine is excited to bring you a very special holiday offer. Now through January 31, 2008, you can start playing The Lord of the Rings Online™: Shadows of Angmar™ for only $9.99 a month!

The Lord of the Rings Online special holiday promotion lets new and existing subscribers play for only $9.99 a month when they sign up for three months of service for the special price of $29.97, subject to certain terms and conditions.
Players who subscribe to the promotion will continue to be billed $29.97 every three months for as long as they maintain an active account with The Lord of the Rings Online or until they choose a different billing plan. Players who currently subscribe to The Lord of the Rings Online and select the special offer will be transferred to the Holiday subscription package once they have completed their current subscription plan.

This special offer only lasts until January 31, 2008. To sign up for this limited time offer go to myaccount.turbine.com and join us in Middle-earth™!

Special holiday offer. Play for $9.99 a month when you sign up for a three month subscription plan. Participating players will be billed $29.97 for subscription plan. Offer valid from December 1, 2007 to January 31, 2008.

---------------------------------------

fyi! b-(

How much are they paying you to post this?!? Dont you peddle your vile candy to me, candyman!

*twitches energetically and gibbers on about capitalist conspiracies, Area 51, and the hyper-intelligent space gophers that are behind it all*

~Dune~

How much are they paying you to post this?!? Dont you peddle your vile candy to me, candyman!

*twitches energetically and gibbers on about capitalist conspiracies, Area 51, and the hyper-intelligent space gophers that are behind it all*

~Dune~

/nods

What's so great about LOTRO anyhow? It seems rather banal to me. Is it all about the graphics?

Graphics?!? Who cares about graphics?!? Why don't you ask him about THE CONSPIRACY!

The Hunter In White!!
The Island of Lies!!
The Chocolate Pudding of Secrecy!!

*Mutters to himself and gets lost for some time flipping through a notebook full of scribblings and photographs of poodles. You think you catch a glimpse of an entry marked "The Milkman" and a doodle of a penguin weilding a battleax, but you can't be certain.*

~Dune~

Nothing great about it. It sure looks nice, runs great and plays very well, but it's shallow... kind of like WoW I guess. Oh, and I found some nice Roleplay there.

Dune Walker said:
Graphics?!? Who cares about graphics?!?
I do. A lot.

I do not know if you were trying to be ironic or not. Clearly my post was entirely silly and nonsensical. It was not meant to be taken seriously. I appolgize if I confused you.

~Dune~

Yes yes yes.. lotro is felgercarb.. but it's the best steaming pile of felgercarb currently available! Sign me up! :D

er.. Well, not felgercarb.. just mediocre.

You don't know what hot is until you've seen your husband play a wittle white chicken ingame. *snickers*

^ Dain's my husband btw

I'm thinking MMOs aren't your thing...

Well, for some reason when I did play LotRO, it didn't hook me. I mean the gameplay is essentially like WoW but I am playing WoW and not LotRO. And no, I haven't played WoW a lot. I don't even have a 70 yet (my highest character is a level 62 hunter).

For some reason, some games feel more like a grind than others even though they are the same. CoH felt like less of a grind even though it probably is worse in that regard.

It's perception. I can understand Riceman's point of view.

I'm thinking MMOs aren't your thing...

On the contrary, I loved Star Wars: Galaxies before the NGE. I'm still excited about Hero's Journey, and I play the occasional MUD now and again.

I've just played so many MMOs that I'm tired of certain common gameplay mechanics. To be specific, a lot of the time it seems that I have to be max level to start enjoying the "real" game - WoW is a case in point. Maybe it's a holdover from being a long-time FPS and console RPG player, but I generally want to enjoy myself all the time while playing a game. I demand quick satisfaction, not endure-weeks-of-boredom-first satisfaction. SWG gave me that with its wide variety of activities to do and magnificent early RP community.

Back