Politics Bush

tippinlover said:
I'm not too surprised...it was an election year, don't they always pick the President in an election year?

Unless of course there's some other incredible feat or accomplishment that year...
[post="1119741"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

If I recall correctly, there was a big hoo-ha in 2001 because Time wanted to give it's man of the year to Osama Bin laden, but they got booed down by people who didn't understand that there "man of the year" award isn't always a good thing...

This presumably being another case in point!

EEWWW!!! I would have RATHER have had Michael Moore win. But, that's yet another reason why I don't read those boring TIME magazines.

Bush doesn't deserve anything, even if the award isn't always a good thing.

Seriously? You'd rather some hot headed, propoganda manufacturing guy, who just wants to be rude win it? I mean, what did he change? The way we look at GWB? I think his influence is not very far reaching when you compare him to many others.

HAHA thats funny AliasHombre I could say the same thing about Bush's ego.

However, I do agree that Bush is the Person of The Year. It's not a popularity contest its the man who's had to most effect on the world. Bush is clearly that man. Although I believe his "effect" will be overwhelmingly negative.

Hahaha, they could downsize the picture...(yeah i have to put everything literally) Did I say that Michael Moore should've won? No, I said that I would rather it be him than Bush. No, he didn't change my views on Bush, because I already found him extremely unworthy of my respect and the presidency. I was just saying, I would rather it have been Michael Moore. ;)

Best. Joke. EVER.

ha ha ha! good one hired-goon! in the next isse there'll be a big
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>You didn't take that serious, did you?</span>

bushy should have not been on the cover. end of story. i hate when magzines pamper people. they just want to get him on their good side so they can get an interview with him when he does something else stupid.

Ophelia said:
TIME says that they choose the person who, for good or ill, had the most impact on events during the past year.  They're right about that -- we'll all be paying for his militaristic, fascist policies for generations to come.  :angry:
[post="1119076"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Check my post about Iraq from yesterday.
MC
Bush is an A**hole

()aliasyeah() said:
ha ha ha!  good one hired-goon!  in the next isse there'll be a big
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>You didn't take that serious, did you?</span>

[post="1126331"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

LOL :lol: I'll be waiting eagerly!

To quote a kinda-funny movie: "It's a good thing I don't know too many people who read your little 'Time Magazine.'" :lol:

Hired-Goon said:
To quote a kinda-funny movie: "It's a good thing I don't know too many people who read your little 'Time Magazine.'" :lol:
[post="1126757"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Off Topic: Is that from Zoolander?

On Topic: As people have stated, TIME's "Person of the Year" is based on how much that person has impacted the world, doesn't necessarily mean that the impact was positive ;)

Back