Season 5 Car Crash?

I thought was a chick but i could be wrong. Rumours are speculating that Olivia Reed may be back. I would absolutely love if it was her that hit them. She would be a kick ass baddie

I don't go to the Spoiler Thread very often, so I don't know if anyone has suggested this: Because Naughn (The Not-Vaughn) suspected that he was about to be discovered, he chose that time to confess to Sydney.

Naughn says that his name isn't Michael Vaughn. When Syd asks if he is a bad guy, Naughn says that it depends on who you ask.

I think that JJ and Michael Vartan himself are aware/tired/annoyed that Vaughn's character is dull and one dimentional. Vaughn is only there to have hot & cold relations with Sydney and to alternate in being rescuer & victim. Having Vaughn's character being called "Spy-Ken" is an insult to both JJ's creativity and Vartan's acting.

To compensate for his boyscout-like character, JJ and the writers created 'dark Vaughn' who could torture Suit & Glasses and murder Lauren (she was defenseless when he delivered the fatal shot). Creating the "Naughn" personna is another effort in making Michael's character fresh & interesting. What are Naughn's motivations?

Based on spoilers and knowledge that we already have, I think:

1. Naughn was assigned to watch Sydney by another group/organisation that has questionable ethics.
2. Naughn grew to love Sydney for real, whether or not he was ordered to get close to her.
3. Naughn was working with people outside of the CIA & APO. When he was investigating Irina, Vaughn had unauthorised contacts with questionable characters. They could have been people that he knew from his other job.
4. Naughn suspected that he was about to be discovered, he chose that moment to confess to Sydney.
5. The crash was caused by Naughn's other associates, who want him temporarily incapacitated in order to question him about where his loyalties lie. They don't want him dead, yet. The bonus is having Sydney captured to use for information and/or as a hostage.
6. Naughn decides that his presence threatens Sydney, so he fakes his own death. This is where the discrepancy between Deputy Director and the other Oracles come from.
7. Sydney doesn't know about Naughn's plan. She decides to investigate Naughn's other life.
8. Naughn is on the run, trying to fix things on his own. He'll make his return mid-season, after people really think that he is dead.
9. Since JJ realises that S&V can't get together to marry until the end of the series, he devised this new way of keeping S&V apart. He didn't anticipate the firestorm of controversy of Save Vaughn coming about with the leaked information.

You can't really tell who the person in the car is...male or female!
It's too dark...i know that its probably someone out to get Vaughn!!
I'll wait for the fifth seson to start!

Back