Career Choices

I was just wondering what kinds of jobs that people who love going to work have.

I went to college for 4+ years for my undergraduate in Criminal Justice and over 3 years for my graduate (still working on that one) and I can't find a job to use my degree with. I don't know whether to shift gears and go back to school or what.

I'm TIRED of working retail.

i'm still in school and i need to make my career choice and i just have NO idea as to what i'm going to do!!!!! so if anyone' got any advise please, spill the beans!!

oh double agent wats criminal justice??

Well...it's kinda like pre-training courses for the field of Criminal Justice (bringing Criminals to Justice). Say if I wanted to be a police officer, forensic investigator, or lawyer. My goal was to go to law school, but after working on a case for my uncle...I became disgusted with the thought of "being" a lawyer. However, I LOVE the LAW. I want to teach the history of English Common law. It just how the law gets misinterpeted makes me mad. Hard to find a job doing anything with this degree though.

I've personally always wanted to be a lawyer...

I joined Moot Court...and now I'm thinking twice...o_0...reading cases are yucky...but I'm getting a hang of it...

I don't have a job per se but I do volunteer work...which have just usually been lots of odd jobs. But now I have something permanent...it's basically like working at a bookstore...without getting paid. Retail...

:lol: Well this all sounds really familiar. I'm still at my retail job, but I just graduated in August.. I'm desperately look for a crime scene technician/analyst job as that's what I'd ideally like to do. Unfortunately, due to the popularity of CSI, so many people are 'trying their hand' at it.. leaving no open positions in a career without many openings to begin with. In fact, since I've graduated, there hasn't been ONE opening in the ENTIRE country that I've been able to find. So, in the meantime, I'm looking for anything related.. Office work at the prosecutor's office, emergency dispatch, and I'm doing ride alongs with the local PD and forensics detective (for experience, and much needed references whenever the job does open up). Until then, I'm stuck in retail hell. God, I hate my job right now (cashier)! BTW, I graduated with a double major (Psychology and Law & Society) and a double minor (Philosophy and Forensics).

Well, I'm still at school, but I'm happy at my Saturday job in the health food shop.

What I really want to do is something to do with one of these things:
1. Forensic Science
2. Marine Biology
3. Enviromental Science
4. Graphic Design/Advertising
5. Film/TV production

I did my 2 weeks work experience in a solicitors office, as that was the closest thing to forensics you could do, and I was just photocopying all day, and then I got to a transcript of an interrogation, and was just reading and reading, although I'm more interested in the scientific side of things, hence my 2nd and 3rd choices.
I really hope I'm happy in whatever I do.

Jai

Random thing about me and my brother.

One of my mum's friends: What do you want to do?
Me: "I want to be a forensic scientist *goes on to explain possible carreer route, and my back up plans*"

One of my mum's friends: "What do you want to do?"
My brother: "I want to play on my Playstation." :lol: :lol: :lol:

I work at IBM now, research and development...I think a job is what you make of it, and of course a bit of luck doesn't hurt either. So far I've been happy with what I'm doing. Initially I was kind of scared of this job, fearing that it might be a traditional programming job where you sit and just code all day like a machine. But after a year of it, my fears have been much allayed. I deal as much with customers as I do with computers. So the mix ix keeping my day interesting. The occasional trip doesn't hurt either.

I always had this big dream about being an actress or some famous dancer but then my 'rents were all like ' that'll neva get u anywere' so i didnt do it. I still dance and stuff but. Now i am a cop. Dun, dun, dun!! lol

Back