Careers Testing

m<o>j

Cadet
I wasn't sure whether to put it in Member Longue or Serious discussion, so I put it here.

Has anyone ever done Careers testing?

They have this, like, 3 hour test. We did it in June, and I just got my results back this past week. They give you scores for each of these: Reasoning, Numerical, Perceptual, Verbal, Spatial, Mechanical, Manual Speed, Manual Skill, Awarness, Flexibility, Inner conviction and Decisiveness. They then tell you careers that might be suitible for you. But it felt like being those kids on Alias...(lol, everything is to do with Alias...OMG...The Times newspaper today had a poem by Issabella Rossilini about being dropped as the face of Lancome...AND they had a catalogue with a game called Alias! (A kind of rip-off of Taboo))

They told me:
(In bold is 'Career Suggestions', and normal is 'Associated Areas')
Advertising media exec/manager, Marketing, Public Relations, Business mangement

Biochemistry/ biotechnology, Medicine, Biological Sciences, Engineering - biomedical

Computer programming/sodtware engineer, Operational reasearch, Engineering - electrical/electronic, Systems analysis/architecture

Civil Service: 'fast stream' trainee, Business management, Diplomatic servive, Law - barrister

Diplomatic Service, Law - barrister/advocate, Translation/interpretaion, Civil Service: management

Law - barrister/advocate, Law - solicitor, University and college lecturing, Teaching

Law - solicitor, Law - barrister/advocate, University and college lecturing, Teaching

Materials science/metallurgy, Engineering - chemical, Industrial chemist, Laboratory work

Meteorology, Geology, Enviromental Science, Oceanography

Publishing, Journalism/writer, Advertising, Editor

Psychology, Teaching, Human resource management, Management consultant

Website design Computer programming/software engineer, Graphic design, Systems analysis/architecture *Edited for not closing my tag. And on this one!*

Anyone else ever done anything like this?

Jai

PS...they timed how fast we could write 's's in boxes!

I'm surprised internatinoal super spy wasn't one of the career choices. I think I got tested too, but I don't remember what I got. But given that I was already travelling miles down the road to complete nerddom, it probably had something to do with computers.

Xin Li

Ack, I remember those careers testing! And I remember I was faster than the other guys that were doing the same test. :lol: I don't remember my score, it's been ten years since I took that.

I remember doing this in my lifeskills class. I forgot what I got though. We have another one coming up, but only juniors and seniors can take it.

Back