Character Creation...

Makkah

Cadet
Dear Simutronics,

Please release this as soon as possible. I need to start creating my characters.

Yours truly,

Rhett.

I'd love if they do as EQ2 did and include the character customizer with pre-orders. That way you can spend happy hours customizing your appearance before the game is released. Wouldn't a 'share your character' thread be more fun if you could include screen shots?

I'd buy one too.

Hopefully, though, it'd be impossible for them to release the character editor any time soon because they're still to busy adding more and more awesome capabilities to it. Eh? Eh?!?

~Dune Walker~

But it's always possible to make that character creation online and updated as they add more.. Would be great to get! But most companies don't do it.. *sad sigh* Hope, pray, and kill..

I would be for that 100%. I could spend MANY hours playing with it. Heck, it would basically be a game in and of itself.

With all the options, it would be great to have a stand-alone application (maybe with online updates - although current simu customers know how often they update things) we could use to create and be able to import them when we get to the live product.

Before I got into the last month of EQ2 beta the thing that hooked me was the pre release of character creation.

Its not a bad marketing ploy. Some of us get attached to our characters :-$

Ha! I realize this thread is a bit old, but I had to reply. As I was laying in bed this morning trying to convince myself to get up, I had this very same thought. It would be awesome to have a character creator to mess with, even if it wasn't a full version.

If I had a full version of the character creator now, based on how complicated it looks I don't think I could even finish before the game comes out.

Not sure if it has been discussed, but it would be nice if there was an option under character creation where you can save a template. I'm sure when I start playing after release I will try out different class combos, so it would be nice to be able to load up a saved appearance template and not to have to design the character look dozens of times each time you try out a new class combo.

I've been mentioning this in several posts I've made. Definately would be a great bit of news in this long interim of... well... no news.

Back